MPLS Instrument Company

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: MPLS Instrument Company

Postby antennafarm » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:13 am

SPACERITUAL wrote:Full disclosure: There were issues with mine and eventually I elected to send it back. The dudes at MPLS were understanding and 100% wanted to make it right.

My review of mine is basically that the wood work was beautiful and I loved all the little aesthetic touches and flourishes. There were some issues with the fretwork and finish that needed to be corrected and in the end it just worked out that I wasnt vibing with the guitar enough to want to get them fixed. This is mostly due to my harvester coming and nailing the neck specs that allow me to play with minimal fatigue and pain. The guys at MPLS bought the guitar back no hassles and from what I understand are working on correcting the issues and getting the guitar back on the market.

what sort of finish issues? was it an anomaly or something, say, from inexperience? not to bash on them or anything, just curious -- i think it speaks loads about the company that they no hassle took it back (and, ahem, were in communication).
ANTIMAGIC MEDIA - antimagic.net
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:50 am

blankfield wrote: :eek: :!!!: :eek: :!!!:

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby antennafarm » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:47 am

there are so many things about that guitar that I don't like (jag trem, those switches, sharp point pickguard stuff) but the overall guitar is so hot. AND MINNESOTAN.
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:35 pm

antennafarm wrote: so hot. AND MINNESOTAN.

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby antennafarm » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:27 pm

that's some bougie-ass minnesota right there. you want hot dish, you get yourself some macaroni, mayo, and whatever the hell canned veggies you have in your cupboard. unless you're going to put in some beef, then ditch the mayo.
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:33 pm

:lol: Hey, I only like organic tater tots. :snax:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:09 pm

antennafarm wrote:
SPACERITUAL wrote:Full disclosure: There were issues with mine and eventually I elected to send it back. The dudes at MPLS were understanding and 100% wanted to make it right.

My review of mine is basically that the wood work was beautiful and I loved all the little aesthetic touches and flourishes. There were some issues with the fretwork and finish that needed to be corrected and in the end it just worked out that I wasnt vibing with the guitar enough to want to get them fixed. This is mostly due to my harvester coming and nailing the neck specs that allow me to play with minimal fatigue and pain. The guys at MPLS bought the guitar back no hassles and from what I understand are working on correcting the issues and getting the guitar back on the market.

what sort of finish issues? was it an anomaly or something, say, from inexperience? not to bash on them or anything, just curious -- i think it speaks loads about the company that they no hassle took it back (and, ahem, were in communication).

There were swirls allover the place, lots of clouding and uneven thickness, and in some areas cracks and sawdust and stuff under the finish. The neck was tacky and sticky and overall it seemed like the guitar didn't cure well. Also the fret work was....well one fret was actually coming out of the fretboard..... ANYWAYYYYY from what I've heard no-one else has had these problems so it seems like this one was an anomaly, The actual woodwork was very nice and the guitar was beautiful, though totally neckdivey...
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass