Not a Wandre, but...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Not a Wandre, but...

Postby GuitarSlim101 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:25 am

So, not that I needed another guitar, but a customer brought in a few guitars to sell/consign the other day, and I just had to bring this one home. It's a Meazzi Hollywood Spitfire from the 60s...or 70s...I don't know. The pickups are essentially p90s with a blade instead of individual poles, and are stupidly hot. Fully hollow with a couple of thick top braces and a small, floating block beneath the bridge. The tailpiece uses torsion springs and feels very similar to the little horseshoe Maestro vibrola. The neck block had come loose from the sides, so I had to fix that, but it seems to be handling string tension fine now. I still have some cracks to repair, a gaping hole around the output jack to fix (currently it's covered up by a large metal plate the original owner put there), could use some new pots, new frets, and other little things here and there, but I've been playing Spaghetti Western-meets-Earth things with it, and I am in love.

Very fat neck, bolt on neck that feels like a set neck (long mortise and tenon that could have been glued in, but they opted for 4 screws instead), neat red-burst, feeds back beautifully, funky and Italian. Woohoo.

Oh, and I got it for $100. :!!!:
GuitarSlim101

committed
committed

Return to Guitar and Bass