Squier J mascis Jazzy

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Squier J mascis Jazzy

Postby Cody_Pole » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:52 pm

In the market for one thought I'd check in here and get some pro's and con's from you guys, let me have it!
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Squier J mascis Jazzy

Postby SPACERITUAL » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:22 pm

Trems in the wrong place.
D.o.S. wrote:Yeah I have a Godsmack shirt

jwar wrote:Not to be a dick or anything but My Bloody Valentine sucks ass.

My whole life is a shitpost. One. Big. Shit. Post.
SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cody_Pole » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:13 pm

SPACERITUAL wrote:Trems in the wrong place.

Care to elaborate? :idk:
Deflating Expectations.

Good Dudes: blooghost,bob the robot,Jero,dorfmeister,modernage,oneloudrash,noisemaker effects,vidarr,rosscanyonsofstatic,inertia,communarchy,kosta,culturejam,zzz,actionindex, dorfmeister,pumpkin pieces,monkeyboy,nieh,sweetbabyphil,D.O.S and corrinica !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:15 pm

Cody_Pole wrote:

They moved it nearer to the bridge for "tuning stability" or some other pussy shit.

SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cody_Pole » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:24 pm

SPACERITUAL wrote:
Cody_Pole wrote:

They moved it nearer to the bridge for "tuning stability" or some other pussy shit.

Interesting, anything else you like to share on them?
Deflating Expectations.

Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby SPACERITUAL » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:03 am

Cody_Pole wrote:
SPACERITUAL wrote:
Cody_Pole wrote:

''They're pretty siq other than that. But the increased proximity of the term to the bridge changes the character when you play behind the bridge....if thats a thing you want to do.

SPACERITUAL

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cody_Pole » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:14 am

SPACERITUAL wrote:
Cody_Pole wrote:
SPACERITUAL wrote:
Cody_Pole wrote:

''They're pretty siq other than that. But the increased proximity of the term to the bridge changes the character when you play behind the bridge....if thats a thing you want to do.

Cool the spacing won't be much of an issue for me, as far as using the trem does it stay in tune when frequently used?
Deflating Expectations.

Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DrMabuse » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:06 am

If you’re doing the light warble thing, tuning stability is pretty good. Like most $400 guitar, the factory nut may need some attention, especially if you put heavy strings on it as soon as you get it home. The roller bridge from Guitar Fetish seems to be a popular mod with some, but a little nut sauce on the tune-o-matic may be all you need.

I wasn’t really planning to buy mine…was in a little shop looking for an acoustic. Didn’t find what I was after in the acoustic room, so I was checked out a few electrics while I was there. The JMJM had a bit of that P90 SG thing going on sound-wise, but without the SG ergonomics. Also had a relatively chunky neck for a modern Fender. Don’t know if I found an exceptional example or if this one was typical, but it was one of those “buy this or you’ll regret it for years” situations. It ended up being my favorite for about 3 years, and it’s still a very close second to a guitar that cost twice as much. Finish is great, fret ends are good, and the matte finish on the neck feels nice. I'm using 10's on mine in standard tuning.

The achilles heel on mine was the main pickup selector - plan on replacing it within a couple of years. Otherwise the electronics have been solid. The pickups are great, but they are not the classic Jazzmaster sound. They were a big selling point for me.

How much you’ll like it probably depends on why you’re looking at a Jazzmaster. It’s a mutant variation on the classic, delivers the look and the hipster cred for those all important loft showcases in Williamsburg, but without the quirks of the original. If the behind the bridge sounds are what you’re chasing, I’d look at a model with the “classic” bridge spacing.
DrMabuse

committed
committed

Postby rfurtkamp » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:56 pm

Had one since they came out.

Zero issue.

Does the behind the bridge thing just fine - I have guitars with the changed position of the trem (CP Jag and the Mascis, and several without - Jags, VI, etc). If there's a difference in the sound for behind the bridge stuff, it's on a per-guitar basis not the movement of the trem IMO.

Best $$$ for performance of any of the Squiers if you can stomach the limited color option.

Everything's held up on mine, neck is typical older Jazzmaster (larger neck than the late 60s-end of production stuff), etc.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Sparrow » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:21 pm

Dude. i Love mine so much. i really recommend them. i added a Mastery Trem. stock trem works well though. Mastery Trem feels more solid.
3 way toggle and rhythm switch works really great with fuzzz !
i play mine ALL the time :!!!:

Blue Strat - Jazzmascis - Tele.
Fender - Squier.
Dr. Scientist - Dirge - FuzzHugger - Montreal Assembly - Hypnodrone.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sparrow1133
Sparrow

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Neanderthal Head » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:57 pm

Like mine a lot. The neck is really easy to play. Swapped out the electronics and pups, but really didn't have to - just wanted to see what would happen. No brainer for the money and in general.

But I may not be Jazzy lover at the end of the day. I find that the controls get in the way, frankly. I have to play - pick hand, that is - in a much more up-and-down fashion. Does anybody find that?
Neanderthal Head

committed
committed

Postby Decibill » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:44 pm

I have one too. Great neck. Solid pickups--nothing crazy. The bridge/trem don't bother me at all. It's not the same as what others might be used to, but it is of the same flavor. Great buy in my opinion....
Decibill

committed
committed

Postby GuitarSlim101 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:53 am

I'd love to get my hands on one. I hear the neck is fantastic, and the tones I've heard sound pretty good to me.
GuitarSlim101

committed
committed

Postby Cody_Pole » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:36 pm

rfurtkamp wrote:Had one since they came out.

Zero issue.

Does the behind the bridge thing just fine - I have guitars with the changed position of the trem (CP Jag and the Mascis, and several without - Jags, VI, etc). If there's a difference in the sound for behind the bridge stuff, it's on a per-guitar basis not the movement of the trem IMO.

Best $$$ for performance of any of the Squiers if you can stomach the limited color option.

Everything's held up on mine, neck is typical older Jazzmaster (larger neck than the late 60s-end of production stuff), etc.

I was waitin for you to chime in and from what you've said I'm pretty much sold on one now! thanks :joy:
Deflating Expectations.

Cody_Pole

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:40 pm

my buddy got one, he had me set it up for him. i don't know much about what constitutes a proper Jazzmaster but, even before i got to work on it the guitar played very nicely and sounded fine stock. we're gonna put an Antiquity soap bar in the neck for a bit more authenticity but basically everything about the guitar is solid except sooner or later you'll probably wanna upgrade the electronics and maybe the bridge (it's an okay bridge but nothing special or what you'd really want on this guitar).
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Guitar and Bass