Yamaha Revstar?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Yamaha Revstar?

Postby popvulture » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:35 am

Because I'm a total masochist apparently, I'm attracted to the most expensive one—the RSP20CR. Gotta say that thing looks pretty fantastic with the copper guard, and I actually really love the racing stripes. Other brands (Duesenberg, for ex) have done em pretty cheezily in the past, but those work.

Noticed in a NAMM video that the Yamaha described the RSP20CR as the top of the line and "the one made in Japan." I wonder where the others are made, and what the difference in quality will be...
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:53 pm

popvulture wrote:Because I'm a total masochist apparently, I'm attracted to the most expensive one—the RSP20CR. Gotta say that thing looks pretty fantastic with the copper guard, and I actually really love the racing stripes. Other brands (Duesenberg, for ex) have done em pretty cheezily in the past, but those work.

Noticed in a NAMM video that the Yamaha described the RSP20CR as the top of the line and "the one made in Japan." I wonder where the others are made, and what the difference in quality will be...

I believe the others are made in Indonesia ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby repoman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:36 pm

What are you guys seeing for prices for these? I'm seeing 700-1000 which seems stupid expensive for a Indonesian made guitar? They're the same prices as Reverends which are MIK with US setup. Seems kinda nuts.
F U T U R E G A M E R
repoman

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rfurtkamp » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:14 am

All depends on how much work is put into them. That money in Indonesian labor nets a huge amount of time spent versus Korean, and the Indonesians are putting out damn nice guitars at lesser price points so I'd expect damn good at that, sort of like the $1k+ MIM Fenders.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:39 pm

sylnau, what's this lady talkin' about?

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Anyone get a Revstar yet?
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:10 pm

Well, it looks like it's still delayed. I ordered the guitar RS420 in fired red but am not expecting it anytime soon.
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:01 am

Dang, the RS720B is the business. Looks very Rev inspired.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JereFuzz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Looks like these are starting to ship. Showing as In Stock at Musician's Friend
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:02 pm

Got a call and it will be shipped today!
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby JereFuzz » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:43 pm

I received the guitar and am really impressed by it. It's made in Indonesia and made of nato wood with a maple top and rosewood fingerboard. The guitar came nearly in tune and the action is great. There was no need to adjust the truss rod. When depressing the 22nd and 1st fret on the bass E string I can still get the string to ring between the depressed frets. No fret buzz on any string. The color is fired red and it appears to be similar to a transparent crimson red. The maple underneath looks very nice. The neck is narrow, flat (13.75 inch radius), and thin, just the way I like it. Apparently, the models above the rs420 have thicker necks. The Rosewood is very nice and the cream binding is seamless. There are a few small scuff marks on some of the binding but it is no big deal at all. Most of the "stock" photos of the fired red rs420 don't do it justice at all. It appears to be darker in real life and the cream binding seems thicker as well. The sound is terrific! It sounds Alnicoesque since the pickups are Alnico pickups, duh. So it is middy and smooth. The low cut feature ads tons of articulation to the strings (especially with distortion) which is great since humbuckers can be a bit muddy/mushy. The dialing back the low cut you get a fatter sound that can be a bit more mushy (as expected). I wouldn't call it light but it didn't strike me as heavy. For $499 (with hard case included from Kraft Music) you get a ton of guitar. I've become a huge Yamaha fan due to my experience with the Pacifica and am tempted to buy some more Yamaha guitars in the future. Overwhelmingly impressed!
Attachments
Revstar.jpg
Revstar.jpg (81.75 KiB) Viewed 5323 times
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:00 pm

sounds like these are the real deal. congrats on the new guitar.

I really like the shape and if the feel is good too...i could be really interested in the entry level model and then mod the electronics to shit and make it my own.
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby JereFuzz » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:12 pm

samzadgan wrote:sounds like these are the real deal. congrats on the new guitar.

I really like the shape and if the feel is good too...i could be really interested in the entry level model and then mod the electronics to shit and make it my own.

I don't think the entry level guitars have the low cut feature ... they also have ceramic pickups vs alnico pickups ... I think it would be worth getting the 420 since you bump up to nicer features
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby friendship » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:34 am

Sweet. I want to check out the fat neck models.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:14 pm

I played one of the green p90 models today and what a fine guitar it was. Felt super solid all the way around, neck was thick but not super chunky, reallt comfortable. The pickups were super balanced and sounded great in all three positions. Even the tuners were super smooth. If I was in the market for an electric I would probably get that one. Mmph.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass