Yamaha Revstar?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Yamaha Revstar?

Postby friendship » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:50 pm

Was it this one? http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... hgodtEMPkg

I heard some of them have thicker necks so I want to check them out, but I can't find any locally.
sound journal

actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:01 pm

^Nice color on that bae. :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby kbit » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Supposedly the same model, but it was the other green version with the aluminum tailpiece. I should have tried the other ones to see how the necks compared, but it definitely didn't have a shredder neck. I really can't overstate gow nice it felt in my hands. Nothing about it felt out of place, amd this was at a Guitar Center, they dont set their guitars up for shit.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby popvulture » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:37 pm

I played one at the SXSW gear expo—it was the racing stripe / buckers model, Indonesian version. It was really pretty damn impressive: nice neck, fantastic setup, great sounding pickups.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:03 pm

Look amazing... but Gibson scale. :(
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:29 pm

ive had the chance to setup and play a few revstars at my shop. theyre great fuckin' guitars.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:24 am

Anyone else have one, now that these have been out a while? Idk why exactly but I've been gassing for one really hard. I'm curious if each step up in price is worth it? I want one with humbuckers because I have a deep fear of hum happening when I don't want it.

I'm looking hardest at the rs620, but could be persuaded to go for 820 if it's worth it.

Or... I could go rs420 and plan on pulling some pickups I like from other guitars. Only downside is if I do this pickup swap I would essentially only have one guitar that I like, but it would have everything I like about my other guitars.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby waltdogg » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:46 am

i've played and setup a few at work. they're alright. can't really justify that much money for an import guitar though

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:53 am

waltdogg wrote:i've played and setup a few at work. they're alright. can't really justify that much money for an import guitar though

That's what I've been wondering. They're like the same price as some Gibsons, which I know people have varied opinions on, but I love my SG. Just wish it was a full on version, not the melody maker. I could really use two pickups and a tone control.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby waltdogg » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

i know what you mean. i just bought one of those cheap gibson sg fusions with my discount but it's not quite doing it for me. you interested? it's black on black. two buckers and you get a tone comtrol. i think i just don't like sgs and this one is fairly balanced. 24 frets too.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maggot » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:45 pm

There is no comparison in quality between the $500+ Revstars and most of the sub-$1000 Gibsons. The Revstars are much nicer. Of course you could find a winner or a dud within each category, but the Yamahas seem much more consistent as well.
maggot

committed
committed

Postby waltdogg » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:20 pm

indonesia builds nice guitars, but they still have cheap electronics and cheap truss rods. gibson can be really hit or miss. the sg fusion i picked up seems quite nice actually.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby PeteeBee » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:53 pm

waltdogg wrote:i know what you mean. i just bought one of those cheap gibson sg fusions with my discount but it's not quite doing it for me. you interested? it's black on black. two buckers and you get a tone comtrol. i think i just don't like sgs and this one is fairly balanced. 24 frets too.

Maybe... Let me think about it. I had never heard of those until you posted. Now that I have two guitars I am pretty happy with, I'm trying to be really picky with any future guitars.

waltdogg wrote:indonesia builds nice guitars, but they still have cheap electronics and cheap truss rods. gibson can be really hit or miss. the sg fusion i picked up seems quite nice actually.

I've never heard of cheap truss rods :lol:
Suffering suits you.

PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby waltdogg » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:04 pm

well if you're looking at a double cutaway with a wraparound, it's an offer that i'd only give to a friend.

weak metal that strips out at the nut or rods that are poorly installed and only straighten part of the neck.

waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby StephanCOH » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:45 am

Got a RS620 in brickburst finish about a year ago.
Played it in the store against a couple of PRS and Mex-Strat.
Used it in the studio and on stage.
It is a great guitar. Excellent handling and ergonomics. Set up perfectly. I love the rather flat fingerboard (in contrast to my mid90ies LP Studio), especially with sweaty fingers (on stage).
That push/pull thing is not as useful as I thought it might be. And I think I'll change the bridge, it does not work all too well with thicker strings (012-060).
Got a Railhammer Nuevo90 at the neck position (might swap it for a Gnarly90) and I will swap the bridge-pick for a Railhammer Kyle Schutt sign.
Anyway, it's a really nice guitar at a good price (at least here in Germany).
StephanCOH

interested
interested

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass