· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Guitars + Stickers

Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:31 am

wafl wrote:Its not a $5000 guitar. (not even $5) But in the same vein this is my "how do you like me now dave gilmour" guitar.
As someone pointed out in another thread the tuxedo has kind of been ruined by Gilmour fanboys. But I like it so whatever.

I love this!
You have switches for all the pickups? And it all goes to the same volume pot?

Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:00 am

BitchPudding wrote:Yea, never dug the fancy "$5000 FLAME MAPLE TAINT BURST YEA" that you see on some of the super expensive guitars. I mean, I'm sure they play like butter, but god they look like dad guitars. The stickers are definately an improvement.

Funny you should say that, my dad had a 335 with a really subtle flame in the top. Like, you had to be holding the guitar to see it, basically. I definitely prefer plain tops in general, but that guitar had a fairly tasteful flame.

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:12 am

ognoy wrote:I love this!
You have switches for all the pickups? And it all goes to the same volume pot?

Yeah that's pretty great. Only change I'd make would be reverse bridge singles so they're canted in the other direction :love:

MechaGodzilla wrote:
BitchPudding wrote:Yea, never dug the fancy "$5000 FLAME MAPLE TAINT BURST YEA" that you see on some of the super expensive guitars. I mean, I'm sure they play like butter, but god they look like dad guitars. The stickers are definately an improvement.

Funny you should say that, my dad had a 335 with a really subtle flame in the top. Like, you had to be holding the guitar to see it, basically. I definitely prefer plain tops in general, but that guitar had a fairly tasteful flame.

I have a sunburst '63 Epi Cas. But it's subtle, esp as the reds from that era are prone to fading. That's as fancy as I go...but it was a default, I picked the guitar for it's sound/feel/features. A guitar like that doesn't look right with stickers imo tbh :idk: :snax:

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:40 am

I think some people/bands suit stickered guitars more than others, and I'm not one of them.
I tried - my tele was stickered up for a while - but it wasn't very me, so I took them off.

Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:13 am

zeravla wrote:
wafl wrote:Its not a $5000 guitar. (not even $5) But in the same vein this is my "how do you like me now dave gilmour" guitar.
NSFW: show

As someone pointed out in another thread the tuxedo has kind of been ruined by Gilmour fanboys. But I like it so whatever.

I see you went with a camouflage print guitar neck. Nice

I bought the neck from predator.

Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:08 am

I'm not above paying a premium for vintage stickers from childhood hobbies.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:17 pm

PumpkinPieces wrote:I just ordered roughly 127 stickers to decorate my Squier 50s Precision Bass with, I hope it will compete with my Telecaster. Before pic:

ImageBefore by Jared Talcott, on Flickr

I totally forgot to post an after pic. :lol: I am very happy with the stickers I got from redbubble.com (MCIS, Gengar, Fez, ants in my eyes johnson) and drip face on etsy. :)

Image2016-11-09 09.57.20 1 by Jared Talcott, on Flickr

Image2016-11-09 10.10.32 1 by Jared Talcott, on Flickr

Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:32 pm

That looks great!

Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:22 pm

TOTES HOT! Ants in my eyes Johnson ftw!

GF made these Majora's Mask stickers for my Aerodyne. :joy:

Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:32 am

Don't think I posted these

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:35 am

A little sad to see this thread buried. :(

Bumping it with a few new added Dripface stickers on my Telecaster which has been with me for eleven years now. :hug:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 am

Cool Mellowtone stickers! And, wow, Zwan.

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:43 pm

blakestree wrote:Cool Mellowtone stickers! And, wow, Zwan.

Funny thing is I really don't like Zwan. At least not their album. I bought a used CD and it had stickers, and at one point I out them on my Tele so it wouldnt be all black, red, and white. I am just now starting to cover up the Devi Ever FX stickers. :lol:

Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:49 pm

Man that tele has seen some shit over the years lol

Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:13 pm

The only reason I don't do any stickers is because I polish my basses.

When I was a teen, I took the wrappers from bubble gum and separated that silver lining off them. I covered an entire bass body in that shit. It was fucking crazy and killer! LOL!

I wouldn't mind a few nicely place vinyl stickers. I want them to have meaning though.
Post a reply