"BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: "BEATER" guitars...lets see em

Postby Gone Fission » Sun May 11, 2014 11:16 am

Swordfishtrombone wrote:Image
Blacktop Jaguar that has been modded quite a bit. GFS Teisco styled tail piece, GFS Surf 90s and a kill switch have been added so far.

How's that trem working out for you? Wondered about those for a while, given the super cheap price. Can you compare the trem action to a Bigsby or Jazzmaster trem?
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby van_muddlestein » Sun May 11, 2014 2:09 pm

yeah, also...WHERE DID YOU GET THAT teisco style tail piece. I couldn't find them on the site at all.
van_muddlestein

committed
committed

Postby van_muddlestein » Sun May 11, 2014 2:10 pm

frigid midget wrote:
van_muddlestein wrote:
frigid midget wrote:Bought it cheap, I dont sherish it cause I don't like it half as much as my other geetars, it won't sell for more than $200, and I threw in super cheap GFS pickups...
So it qualifies as a beater, right? Sorry about the double post btw, I just poluted the "show your guitar" thread with this pic...

Dude I would rock that as a main guitar in a heartbeat. For real. That thing looks sick. If you ever want to get rid of it I've got a strat and a fuzz I'd trade for it.

Thanks. Looks nice, sounds good, plays smooth. Low action, comfy neck. I'm a total fender guy though, I'd definatelly trade it for a strat if that were at all possible. I'm in Europe though, I'm guessing the s&h would ruin the deal for the both of us:s

I'm willing to investigate, but you're probably right.
van_muddlestein

committed
committed

Postby Gone Fission » Sun May 11, 2014 2:22 pm

van_muddlestein wrote:yeah, also...WHERE DID YOU GET THAT teisco style tail piece. I couldn't find them on the site at all.

Confusingly filed with Strat-styled trems instead of their faux Bigsbys: http://www.guitarfetish.com/Vintage-Sty ... p_839.html
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sun May 11, 2014 2:26 pm

van_muddlestein wrote:yeah, also...WHERE DID YOU GET THAT teisco style tail piece. I couldn't find them on the site at all.

Under "Tremolos" then "Tremolos and Parts" :lol:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ghost Hip » Sun May 11, 2014 3:11 pm

beaters by Pumpkin Pieces, on Flickr

70s Epiphone Crestwood and 2006? MIM tele. Hard to tell what guitars are beaters since I play them all pretty hard, my mustang is the only one I baby.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby Swordfishtrombone » Sun May 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Gone Fission wrote:How's that trem working out for you? Wondered about those for a while, given the super cheap price. Can you compare the trem action to a Bigsby or Jazzmaster trem?

I'm really not a trem user, and only really got it cus it was a cheap, easy option to get behind the bridge overtones and all that. :lol: I took the trem off completely after a couple months of having the tailpiece on there cus it just got in my way and made it a bit of a challenge to throw in a bag and go somewhere with it. But yeah, I can't really offer up any opinions on how the trem actually feels. Only thing I can say about it is that after adjusting the two screws on the sides that it stayed in tune pretty well after being in a gig bag + being taken somewhere.

Yeah, as someone else said, it's pretty confusing where it is on the site. Luckily I found that before they started doing their Bigsby copies or I most likely would have never found it. :lol:

Here's the link again: http://www.guitarfetish.com/Vintage-Sty ... p_839.html
Swordfishtrombone

committed
committed

Postby Swordfishtrombone » Sun May 11, 2014 4:48 pm

PumpkinPieces wrote:Image

70s Epiphone Crestwood and 2006? MIM tele. Hard to tell what guitars are beaters since I play them all pretty hard, my mustang is the only one I baby.

The Epiphone looks cook. Especially since I'm so used to seeing that body style with the headstocks with all of the tuning keys on one side.

And I'm the same with the beaters thing. I've played all of the guitars that I've owned pretty hard and haven't been afraid to mod regardless of which guitar it is/was. :idk:
Swordfishtrombone

committed
committed

Postby BitchPudding » Sun May 11, 2014 5:33 pm

That tele never stops being sexy. Its funny how stickerless it was in your older vidiyas.
ummohyeah wrote:Godspeed rule and no amount of tape would make their pedalboards safe from my cum.

ImageImageImage
YO YO ITS YA BOI
The Eville Experience: http://www.rosegonzalesmusic.com/the-eville-experience
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/10Qbd3gcYrfIyZ89HCArCt?si=4KZfzqj5Qiq-rG0xFPjckA
BitchPudding

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Sun May 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Yeah, you always have superfine guitars, pp.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sun May 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Swordfishtrombone wrote:
Gone Fission wrote:How's that trem working out for you? Wondered about those for a while, given the super cheap price. Can you compare the trem action to a Bigsby or Jazzmaster trem?

I'm really not a trem user, and only really got it cus it was a cheap, easy option to get behind the bridge overtones and all that. :lol: I took the trem off completely after a couple months of having the tailpiece on there cus it just got in my way and made it a bit of a challenge to throw in a bag and go somewhere with it. But yeah, I can't really offer up any opinions on how the trem actually feels. Only thing I can say about it is that after adjusting the two screws on the sides that it stayed in tune pretty well after being in a gig bag + being taken somewhere.

Yeah, those trems are...

cheap.

I wouldn't really recommend them for heavy use. They feel cheap too. Fine on an old Japanese guitar, but I wouldn't wanna put in anywhere else. (TWSS)

As SFT describes, it is what it is and it's good for that and not much more.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jero » Sun May 11, 2014 8:26 pm

In regards to the tele...did you just break your A, or are you doing something interesting there?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Swordfishtrombone » Sun May 11, 2014 8:59 pm

Chankgeez wrote:
Swordfishtrombone wrote:

Yeah, those trems are...

cheap.

I wouldn't really recommend them for heavy use. They feel cheap too. Fine on an old Japanese guitar, but I wouldn't wanna put in anywhere else. (TWSS)

As SFT describes, it is what it is and it's good for that and not much more.

Definitely. If I was a trem user, I'd have just waited to get a bigsby or a jag/jazzy trem on it. It works well for behind the bridge notes + the harmonics that go along with them and while it stayed in tune during transport while trem was still on it, it almost definitely wouldn't hold up to any real trem work.
Swordfishtrombone

committed
committed

Postby van_muddlestein » Mon May 12, 2014 1:17 pm

That Epiphone is the hotness.
van_muddlestein

committed
committed

Postby Ghost Hip » Tue May 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Jero wrote:

In regards to the tele...did you just break your A, or are you doing something interesting there?

Initially I did just break my A, but I did write a song on it without it! Whenever I break the A string I always have fun playing without it.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass