· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your BASS VI, people

Sat May 26, 2018 6:39 am

BoatRich wrote:I play a bass vi I built in drop C# with Kalium .110 on the low and a .105 set for the high. I also have a Squier in D standard with Kalium .110’s. It’s doable but pretty floppy.

Is there much difference in tension between a .105 and a .110 tuned to D?

Sun May 27, 2018 8:10 pm

Bon Hoga wrote:
BoatRich wrote:I play a bass vi I built in drop C# with Kalium .110 on the low and a .105 set for the high. I also have a Squier in D standard with Kalium .110’s. It’s doable but pretty floppy.

Is there much difference in tension between a .105 and a .110 tuned to D?

I noticed it, but I’m not sure it’s really a massive difference. That said, incremental differences are really noticeable on this sort of instrument to me. The close string spacing makes for a huge difference in feel.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:44 pm

Just finished it.

Last edited by DADGBD on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:14 pm

That looks super nice. Those Squier IVs are so awesome playing and sounding. I miss mine.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:05 am

qersty wrote:Any of you who tune your bass VIs down to any success?

I do aenstandard (dadaae) on my Ultra VI with great success!

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:00 pm

I don't have to, +/- 24 on a per-string basis.

Thank you, synth pickup GR-55/VI combo. :)

Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:15 pm

And this is why people shouldn't let me near drills

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:35 pm

I like it.

Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:05 pm

Not really a visible mod except the pickup looks the tiniest bit different.

But I replaced my bass VI bridge pickup with the Seymour Duncan SJAG-2 that was in my jaguar, and now I love this guitar. FINALLY. :lol:

Went downa long road of trying stuff, trying to get into it, realised I would always prefer to play a 4 string to this as a bass in any situation, then I tuned it A-A. That was nearly right and I found it much more fun to play but it never sounded as heavy and good with fuzz as I wanted. So this pickup thing was the last ditch effort and it seriously worked! This pickup is hotter and cuts a lot of bass compared to the stock ones, and it sounds super cool as a baritone guitar rather than the too-bassy weirdly tuned bass thing it was previously. Plus it still has two original pickups if I want to use a bassier sound. But the new bridge pickups cuts SO much better and reacts like I want with fuzz pedals.

:excellent:

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:17 pm

Post break up impulse buy from a couple of months ago. Found it in a pawnshop for a good price.

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:45 pm

That's pretty awesome; I've always wanted one of those! I do really like my Squire (that I converted to a hardtail). I really need to play my bass VI more often, though.

Fri May 01, 2020 3:28 am

Woooo I've always thought those look cool, good buy!

Fri May 22, 2020 1:57 pm

Haven't played with my VI in a minute, so I refinished the pick guard so I might be more inclined to pick it up.

Fri May 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Wow, that is a thing of beauty!

Fri May 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Love those gigantic, ridiculous knobs, UC. Looks great.
Post a reply