Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your BASS VI, people

Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:39 am

So good, dase. So good.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:30 am

dase wrote:Image

28", had it set up in drop a with bass vi strings for a while. It was too much, went back to baritone strings. Felt like a huge poser.

Aaaand we have a winner.
That's a GSE, right? I couldnt find a website or anything, are they expensive? Seems like a good EGC alternative.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:02 am

they're not expensive, but as far as I know Gary's not taking on any new work at the moment. He's only made like, six guitars. Two of which I own haha.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:25 am

so much awesomeness in this thread :thumb:

Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:45 am

My Squier, breaking in a 4x12. Still making me happy after many months.

Very glad I paid a slight premium to get the bird in the hand.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:31 am

MLC got me wanting a VI.

I can't afford a vintage (or new) Fender VI...would love one in Sonic blue... :mope:
Gonna get a Squier VI for Christmas. I don't love the block inlays, but I do like the three singles in it. I can deal. :)*

Kinda want the sunburst, kinda want a white one with a mint pickguard...hmmmmmm.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:16 am

I hated all the color options, I don't like blocks and binding, but fuck it, VI.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:28 am

I dig the burst + pickguard.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:40 am

Tom Dalton wrote:MLC got me wanting a VI.

I can't afford a vintage (or new) Fender VI...would love one in Sonic blue... :mope:
Gonna get a Squier VI for Christmas. I don't love the block inlays, but I do like the three singles in it. I can deal. :)*

Kinda want the sunburst, kinda want a white one with a mint pickguard...hmmmmmm.

I have a Jazzy in Arctic White with mint guard, looks badass!

Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:04 pm

I feel like I might get banned for this comment but....I actually like the white with tort pickguard AND the blocks and bindings.
I wish it had a matching headstock though

Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:56 pm

MrNovember wrote:I feel like I might get banned for this comment but....I actually like the white with tort pickguard AND the blocks and bindings.

I went with white. I like white with tort but I like white on white more, however thats what color of my jag, so I will probably go with a mont guard for my VI. Also will probably match the headstock.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:02 pm

MrNovember wrote:I feel like I might get banned for this comment but....I actually like the white with tort pickguard AND the blocks and bindings.

Same. Although I'd put a mint or white guard on it. ANGEL VI.

Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:05 pm

kosta wrote:CIJ Jaguar Baritone Custom Bottom Master

Scored the single-coil version over the summer too... (Not my pic, but it looks like this.)

This thread has so much awesome in it....BUT THIS SEALS THE DEAL FOR ME!
How do I acquire one? Seriously, where the fuck did you score it?

Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:13 pm

Both on Craigslist if you can believe that.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Been emailing Long&Mcquade to see if they were ever getting any in stock.
Apparently they're selling out too fast and anything coming to stores is for personal orders.
On that note, I just ordered a white one.
Need to sell some stuff to justify buying it but I don't want to miss out on getting one of these.

Psyre wrote:

I went with white. I like white with tort but I like white on white more, however thats what color of my jag, so I will probably go with a mont guard for my VI. Also will probably match the headstock.

From all of the comments I really thought that I was the only one that actually liked the tort.
I'm actually not a huge fan of white on white or white on mint. Just too white for me
Post a reply