Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Postby starmansam » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:22 am

It was like $840. Which is kind of a stupid price for a neck, but for whoever got it it's a no wait and cheaper than a whole new egc. Plus they'll probably be able to sell it pretty quickly at that same price.

As far as neck dive goes I figure if you throw it on a heavy offset or strat body you should be able to manage. I used to own a Kramer flying v with an aluminum neck. Talk about neck dive.
starmansam

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:42 am

I don't have calipers to measure he bolt-on but it feels very similar to my old 96 Gibson SG Standard. Kevin also called it more of a medium profile, so somewhere between normal EGC thin and the thick Denison neck.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:53 pm

psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Olin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Chankgeez wrote:… and tap handles:

https://reverb.com/item/7185208-electri ... 7-polished

I bought one of these, tempted to use it as a doorknocker more than anything though. Let the whole neighbourhood know I can afford frivolous aluminium objects and that my house contains more stealable objects.
Last edited by Olin on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:08 pm

:lol:

"This beer tastes 'metallic'."
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby antennafarm » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:01 pm

I don't know if I could afford to drink in a bar that has those tap handles.
ANTIMAGIC MEDIA - antimagic.net
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby oscillofuzz » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 am

I filled out the form on the BUY page yesterday and am currently awaiting their response...
The Howl Ensemble - Bandcamp - Facebook - Instagram - Soundcloud -
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby antennafarm » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:22 pm

did you make sure to check the "I AM IN A NOTABLE BAND" box?
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby Bon Hoga » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:29 pm

antennafarm wrote:did you make sure to check the "I AM IN A NOTABLE BAND" box?

:lol:
Bon Hoga

committed
committed

Postby Olin » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:36 pm

antennafarm wrote:did you make sure to check the "I AM IN A NOTABLE BAND" box?

Someone tried calling him out for this on the Aluminium Axes group recently. There was a predictable circle-jerk of "don't you dare complain about our lord and saviour Kevin", but he [Kevin] also said that Buzz waited 4 years for a guitar too. I would say there's a 14% chance you'll get a response, try asking on Instagram or on the facebook page, he seems much more inclined to answer when it's public.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby antennafarm » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:28 am

Olin wrote:Someone tried calling him out for this on the Aluminium Axes group recently. There was a predictable circle-jerk of "don't you dare complain about our lord and saviour Kevin", but he [Kevin] also said that Buzz waited 4 years for a guitar too. I would say there's a 14% chance you'll get a response, try asking on Instagram or on the facebook page, he seems much more inclined to answer when it's public.

Buzzo may have waited 4 years for a guitar, but I've also seen him with, what, three or four of them over the years? Maybe he has less reason to complain, or it was just a backburner thing, or whatever.

I don't know. Based on my one experience buying from EGC, I'd say they have organization and communication problems.... but they make a goddamned OUTSTANDING product. I don't know what the root of the problems are, whether overwork, lack of patience for the daily communication, or a flood of maybe-buying-answer-my-zillion-questions and nickel and diming for information along the entire process, maybe a combination of both. It's a shame that it takes public calling out to get an answer sometimes.

It is what it is. Even with bizarrely long wait times, it's worth the wait, but that's a painful wait for someone who ISN'T Buzzo or a well taken care of artist, especially if you scrimped and saved for that $3k to put down on a dream guitar.
antennafarm

experienced
experienced

Postby oscillofuzz » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:06 am

Dang, I had no idea the situation was that bad. I should've just taken out a small loan to buy that purple TT2 that was on Reverb last week :(
Does anyone know if Harvester still does full-aluminiums? I'm looking for a 30" baritone.
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:25 am

oscillofuzz wrote:Dang, I had no idea the situation was that bad. I should've just taken out a small loan to buy that purple TT2 that was on Reverb last week :(
Does anyone know if Harvester still does full-aluminiums? I'm looking for a 30" baritone.

There was a purple EGC on Reverb last week? How did I miss this?

Yeah, you should've. :hug:

You should contact Anthony though. I definitely am gonna get a Harvester eventually. Probably not for a long while though. :(
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby oscillofuzz » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:46 am

I'll give EGC another week or so to respond, I got busy days ahead anyway. Couple of gigs as mixing engineer, moving to a new apartment, etc. If there has been zero contact by early December, I'm e-mailing Anthony/Harvester instead. His hybrids seem so nice and customizable I might even be willing to reconsider that option.
Scratch that, I just e-mailed Anthony, curious who will respond first...
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby Olin » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:09 pm

oscillofuzz wrote:Dang, I had no idea the situation was that bad. I should've just taken out a small loan to buy that purple TT2 that was on Reverb last week :(

Dude, check out Nude guitars too. They make some really, really gorgeous instruments and definitely make 30" baritones. He's Italy based too, so you should be able to save a bit on shipping and import fees if you go that route.

Antennafarm, I agree with you entirely. EGC have hands down the worst customer service I've ever experienced, and as nice as Kevin seems, his communication is abysmal. What I've seen a lot, and experienced first hand, is amazing communication when placing a deposit, almost immediate responses to "can I have this?" type questions, then once the deposit is taken they flatout refuse to answer anything. I've seen him say he just doesn't get the emails and doesn't mind answering all the questions, but it feels a bit off. I haven't ever had an email go missing, especially when it's a reply to an already existing thread, that's just bizarre. If you remember the hassle I had getting a neck out of them, they ended up sending the wrong neck, made to the wrong specifications at the end, and I've failed to get a response out of him/his wife in regards to compensation. I really don't like that they get a free pass to do shit like this and have it so routine and part of the standard customer experience. Buzz may have waited four years, but I don't think he failed to get a response to an update query in that time...

Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass