Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:21 pm

whoismarykelly wrote:Finished this bolt-on baritone build today. Now to crank it up!

:love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby JonnyAngle » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:25 pm

is that a red headstock or reflections
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:30 am

JonnyAngle wrote:is that a red headstock or reflections

The walls in that room are red. Just a reflection.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:14 am

Bumping cause I love talking shit!!!
Captain of the SS Sourpuss
Justice 4 Olin! (He did not ask for this. I've gone rogue.)
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:19 am

codetocontra wrote:My deposit invoice said 17. Just paid my final invoice and that was 90. Maybe just their invoicing system and not our bolt on neck number.

:lol: Did u ever get this? Your post was dated March 02 2017.
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:53 am

Lol. Yeah. The build didn't come together very well. I posted about it here: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=55341&hilit=egc+bolt&start=30#p1202369
The TLDR version is that the neck dive on the bolt on due to weight was too much to overcome, shooting pain up my wrist after 10 minutes. I tried. Before I ordered the bolt on I sent money for a deposit on a new build...

The new guitar was supposed to be quick. Kevin said he had the parts around. I assumed it was going to be no problem. Didn't even tell anyone for a while about it, just wanted it to show up quick and be like, hey look what I got. Nope. Over 3 years now. Paid in full. Asked for a refund at one point, received a phone call that I could get my money back minus deposit or he could finish it and sell it and pay me back in full. Don't want to misquote him, for accuracy, but the conversation led me to believe that would happen quickly and no surprise it didn't. The call was also to make sure I was doing okay, something I said must have clued him that I wasn't, so it was a nice gesture to reach out. But our relationship is based on business, I send money to get product, but this product is in production limbo. Maybe I should scream louder next time. But I just don't care anymore. Don't even really want what I ordered. Maybe I would find a use for it. Maybe I list it for sale the next day. Maybe I never even take the guitar and he sells it for me so I don't have that additional hassle.

What I really don't understand is that I am not alone in my several year wait. Several people on the aluminum Axes FB group have voiced their concerns about their own lengthy wait times. We were all in the dark until a Russian guy lost his shit about a custom 7 string build that took 5 years (though that type of guitar had never been done before). But, what, once a week a random guitar build is posted for sale on Reverb? And as of this post, he announced another batch of neck orders this past week. Cool. Make more shit for people who haven't been trying to wait patiently after giving money. Kevin stopped taking custom orders a while ago to help streamline production. Okay, sure, maybe he has less headaches trying to figure out how to make a 9 string guitar with 4 pickups and LEDs inside. Then following the FB drama, they announced a deadline where they weren't going to take money for new orders until they caught up. I don't even want to know if that is true or not, because it doesn't really even matter. I would love more transparency but it is too much to ask. Some people just don't have the ability and organization to run a business. The whole situation is just sad. Never played a better guitar than the one I have.

To reiterate some common sentiments:
DO NOT order a new EGC.
If you want an EGC, but used or from EGC's store on Reverb when they list random builds.
There are other players in the game: Robot Graves Industries, TTTides, Nude Guitars, Developing Nation Guitars, Aluminati, and Alef Guitars.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Faldoe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Slightly off-topic but has anyone played the EGC Travis Bean Design guitars? How do they (and the original TBs) compare to the EGC stuff?

I like the aesthetic of the original TBs and semi debating buying an original TB if I can find one at a decent price - given what they go for these days.

Looks like the TBD stuff goes for maybe a little less than the market rate for a original TB.
Faldoe

Postby amorphous » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:52 pm

Faldoe wrote:Slightly off-topic but has anyone played the EGC Travis Bean Design guitars? How do they (and the original TBs) compare to the EGC stuff?

just picked up a TBD TB1000s and can confirm, top notch....just like EGC
amorphous

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Faldoe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:42 pm

In the sense that EGC holds up next to it? I'm reconsidering an EGC and waiting for a standard to pop up.

Is the feel or anything else different about it compared to the EGC stuff you played (have?). You get it off Reverb or locally?
Faldoe

Postby amorphous » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:03 pm

Totally holds it's own....they are different, but not super drastic - one is a hollow body and one is solid. The Chessie has more mid cut and the TBD sounds more akin to a wood guitar.
Kevin really upholds the tradition of the Bean ascetic in all ways.
I'm a fan of bigger necks from EGC / TBD ...the Bean neck feels beefier all the way down than the Chessie.
I've played most of the TBD and EGC models the last 6 or so year Kevin has been at the NAMM show. I'm not a fan of super heavyweight guitars, the TB1000s comes in right at 9 and the Chessie is 8.5
The Chessie I purchased from Kevin at the show and the TBD1000s was from Ebay.
amorphous

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Faldoe » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:57 pm

I also like beefier necks and in a few prior posts, a member commented on the EGC neck being slimmer than my Kramer but wider at the but than the Kramer.

I considered dropping the money for a TB or TBD but I may wait and hold out for a EGC that meets what I need.
Faldoe

Postby Olin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Double-posting this because more people check this thread, I'll update further info in the DNG thread.

Made by Kevin Bernsten at Developing Nation Guitars, it's 24.75" with 24 frets, pretty chunky neck, walnut body, neck thru (obviously) and p90's wound by him.

neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:38 pm

That your floor dawg? Oph that's a good looking floor?
1 bird per post please
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Olin » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Naw g I have shitty ass 80s carpets, this picture is from him. I'm a trashrat, remember.

It is a lovely floor.
neonblack wrote:Do you ever just sit back and take a good look at yourself and realize all your riffs are shit and you're a garbage musician?

https://barewireson.bandcamp.com/album/off-black
Olin

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby amorphous » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Olin wrote:

so fvcking good :joy: :omg: :!!!:
amorphous

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext