Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Postby oscillofuzz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:45 pm

He expects to finish it in about 6 months, so I'm planning on driving to Italy in June or July to pick it up. Not a bad place to be in early summer.

Long spec list is long:
brass nut, ebony fretboard, 22 medium jumbo-ish (slightly smaller) stainless steel frets, aluminium dot inlays
E-e tuning with the Kalium hybrid .098 low E balanced tension set
Italian walnut body in a new kinda offset bodyshape, see-through black-ish, kinda like the one gila posted
Bare Knuckle Supermassive hsP90 in neck & bridge, Black Hawk alnico bridge humbucker in the middle
I have a complicated switching system in mind with dual outputs that lets me theoretically use all three pickups through 3 different signal chains simultaneously for experimental recording purposes, or a combination of any 1 or 2 pickups with a single mono instrument cable for live use
Gabo wanted to try his usual Wilkinson roller bridge, but said he would find a different solution if the string gauge doesn't fit. I also gave him carte blanche with regard to the tuners he uses.
The Howl Ensemble - Bandcamp - Facebook - Instagram - Soundcloud -
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 am

Cool to have you joining the Nude Crew, Oscillofuzz!! These are brilliant instrument and Gabo is a master artist!
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby maninashed » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:38 pm

has anybody ever gone to a cnc shop and had them make a neck for you? I like the bastin or whatever but I'd rather have a headstock that's 6 in a line
maninashed

involved
involved

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:55 pm

maninashed wrote:has anybody ever gone to a cnc shop and had them make a neck for you? I like the bastin or whatever but I'd rather have a headstock that's 6 in a line

It's a cool idea but probably very cost prohibitive to make a one off neck

First you would have to have a cad drawing or something for them to work with and then you would have to find a shop that has a mill that size that would want to take on a one pc project.

I am guessing you would be looking at quite a bit of cash to pull it off.

If you are serious however and can supply your own drawing I know of a few shops that can probably do it.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.

https://soundcloud.com/hbombgraphics
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby systemofameow » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 pm

So how within the realm of possibility is finding a company that makes Gibson scale bolt on necks? Seems like all the bolt on types I see are geared towards Fender style guitars...
systemofameow

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:48 am

hbombgraphics wrote:
maninashed wrote:has anybody ever gone to a cnc shop and had them make a neck for you? I like the bastin or whatever but I'd rather have a headstock that's 6 in a line

It's a cool idea but probably very cost prohibitive to make a one off neck

First you would have to have a cad drawing or something for them to work with and then you would have to find a shop that has a mill that size that would want to take on a one pc project.

I am guessing you would be looking at quite a bit of cash to pull it off.

If you are serious however and can supply your own drawing I know of a few shops that can probably do it.

Yeah it's entirely doable but the one off nature of the project will make it expensive/hard to get someone to do it. If you're thinking CNC I would highly advise testing your model with a wood prototype first which involves more cost and time but could save you a much more expensive mistake. If hand/2D CAD drawing then check the drawing plenty (obviously) and discuss with the machine shop.

In fact either way a prototype out of wood (or 3d printing if you've modelled it) is a good idea to check you like the neck size and radius and everything.

This is a very achievable dream but will not end up being cheap.

If you're still interested and want more advice on manufacturing/drawing etc. I'm happy to help, I do mechanical design for a job so have a little experience in this. :) Not an expert in where you'd go as an individual to get machining done though because I work in a large company which has relationships with our preferred suppliers so we get one-offs and prototypes all the time but it's easy to do.

PS if you know all this already sorry for being condescending just trying to help.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Citizen3rased » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:41 am

Got this about a week ago. Slays with the Meatsmoke Pre.
Citizen3rased

interested
interested

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:08 am

Citizen3rased wrote:Got this about a week ago. Slays with the Meatsmoke Pre.

Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:16 am

Those Nudes man... Giving me hard time

How are they dealt with in terms of body shape? Can you request anything doable or is it a fixed range?
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:12 am

Their facebook page says "
The body is well interchangeable and the shape can be 100% personalized, what’s more the guitar can be use left hand!"

:)
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:49 am

Gabo also took a '60s SG body and put a Nude neck in it!
I suppose he can do anyhting, but don't ask him about fender shapes, I never really asked him exactely, but he's not very fond about these from what I understood...
gila_crisis

experienced
experienced

Postby omarwhite » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:26 pm

bumping a dead thread, but fuck it: it now lives.

just got an EGC neck which should be arriving in a few days.

mounting questions have me perplexed however... im going to affix this to a telecaster body. I have one of those thick Callaham neckplates, but will this be substantial enough or do I need one of those aluminum backbone things? what does everyone use who mounts their own necks? any experiences that yield advice of what to do/what not to do?

thanks in advance
omarwhite

committed
committed

Postby codetocontra » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:01 pm

There is no problem using a regular neck plate. The provided screws are long enough if your plate is thicker. The T Bone backplate is for increased resonance and sustain, sort of mimics the idea of Bean / EGC neck thru body design, not necessary but pretty cool.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby whoismarykelly » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:32 pm

Neck screws should not be torqued down extremely tight so any plate is fine.
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby omarwhite » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:28 am

thanks guys. just wasn't sure if I should be concerned about neck pocket stability at all, or also if there were special screws needed.

I recall, way back when, the surprise I felt the day I learned that screws didn't need to be cranked tightly on the neck. I assumed the exact opposite.
omarwhite

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass