Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Re: Electrical Guitar Company Guitars

Postby oscillofuzz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:45 pm

He expects to finish it in about 6 months, so I'm planning on driving to Italy in June or July to pick it up. Not a bad place to be in early summer.

Long spec list is long:
brass nut, ebony fretboard, 22 medium jumbo-ish (slightly smaller) stainless steel frets, aluminium dot inlays
E-e tuning with the Kalium hybrid .098 low E balanced tension set
Italian walnut body in a new kinda offset bodyshape, see-through black-ish, kinda like the one gila posted
Bare Knuckle Supermassive hsP90 in neck & bridge, Black Hawk alnico bridge humbucker in the middle
I have a complicated switching system in mind with dual outputs that lets me theoretically use all three pickups through 3 different signal chains simultaneously for experimental recording purposes, or a combination of any 1 or 2 pickups with a single mono instrument cable for live use
Gabo wanted to try his usual Wilkinson roller bridge, but said he would find a different solution if the string gauge doesn't fit. I also gave him carte blanche with regard to the tuners he uses.
The Howl Ensemble - Bandcamp - Facebook - Instagram - Soundcloud -
oscillofuzz

committed
committed

Postby gila_crisis » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:49 am

Cool to have you joining the Nude Crew, Oscillofuzz!! These are brilliant instrument and Gabo is a master artist!
gila_crisis

involved
involved

Postby maninashed » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:38 pm

has anybody ever gone to a cnc shop and had them make a neck for you? I like the bastin or whatever but I'd rather have a headstock that's 6 in a line
maninashed

interested
interested

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:55 pm

maninashed wrote:has anybody ever gone to a cnc shop and had them make a neck for you? I like the bastin or whatever but I'd rather have a headstock that's 6 in a line

It's a cool idea but probably very cost prohibitive to make a one off neck

First you would have to have a cad drawing or something for them to work with and then you would have to find a shop that has a mill that size that would want to take on a one pc project.

I am guessing you would be looking at quite a bit of cash to pull it off.

If you are serious however and can supply your own drawing I know of a few shops that can probably do it.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby systemofameow » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 pm

So how within the realm of possibility is finding a company that makes Gibson scale bolt on necks? Seems like all the bolt on types I see are geared towards Fender style guitars...
systemofameow

involved
involved

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:48 am

hbombgraphics wrote:
maninashed wrote:has anybody ever gone to a cnc shop and had them make a neck for you? I like the bastin or whatever but I'd rather have a headstock that's 6 in a line

It's a cool idea but probably very cost prohibitive to make a one off neck

First you would have to have a cad drawing or something for them to work with and then you would have to find a shop that has a mill that size that would want to take on a one pc project.

I am guessing you would be looking at quite a bit of cash to pull it off.

If you are serious however and can supply your own drawing I know of a few shops that can probably do it.

Yeah it's entirely doable but the one off nature of the project will make it expensive/hard to get someone to do it. If you're thinking CNC I would highly advise testing your model with a wood prototype first which involves more cost and time but could save you a much more expensive mistake. If hand/2D CAD drawing then check the drawing plenty (obviously) and discuss with the machine shop.

In fact either way a prototype out of wood (or 3d printing if you've modelled it) is a good idea to check you like the neck size and radius and everything.

This is a very achievable dream but will not end up being cheap.

If you're still interested and want more advice on manufacturing/drawing etc. I'm happy to help, I do mechanical design for a job so have a little experience in this. :) Not an expert in where you'd go as an individual to get machining done though because I work in a large company which has relationships with our preferred suppliers so we get one-offs and prototypes all the time but it's easy to do.

PS if you know all this already sorry for being condescending just trying to help.
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang, laekna, biftaclyro, maortojn, oscillateur

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck

I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/releases
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Citizen3rased » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:41 am

Got this about a week ago. Slays with the Meatsmoke Pre.
Citizen3rased

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Corey Y » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:08 am

Citizen3rased wrote:Got this about a week ago. Slays with the Meatsmoke Pre.

Corey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:16 am

Those Nudes man... Giving me hard time

How are they dealt with in terms of body shape? Can you request anything doable or is it a fixed range?
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:12 am

Their facebook page says "
The body is well interchangeable and the shape can be 100% personalized, what’s more the guitar can be use left hand!"

:)
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang, laekna, biftaclyro, maortojn, oscillateur

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck

I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/releases
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby gila_crisis » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:49 am

Gabo also took a '60s SG body and put a Nude neck in it!
I suppose he can do anyhting, but don't ask him about fender shapes, I never really asked him exactely, but he's not very fond about these from what I understood...
gila_crisis

involved
involved

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass