Page 631 of 638

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:54 am
by kosta
whoismarykelly wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:haha I could never go for a T-60 for the weight but they're pricey here.

I get that if it makes an amazing guitar in the end for the money the relative cost of the neck and the rest doesn't matter at all. But it still feels odd to me. :idk:


Solid color and/or rosewood board T60s are Poplar and are significantly lighter.

Didn't know that either! That is great to know.

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:55 am
by kosta
blueglass wrote:I think I finally figured out the resize thing?

The top and neck are NOrth Indian Rosewood (Dalbergia sissoo), back is Mahogany, fretboard is Buttonwood (Conocarpus Erectus). Hipshot locking tuners, Harmonic Design Z-90 pickups, Faber Wraparound.
resized guitar.jpg

Nice one! Did you make it?

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:07 pm
by blueglass
kosta wrote:
blueglass wrote:I think I finally figured out the resize thing?

The top and neck are NOrth Indian Rosewood (Dalbergia sissoo), back is Mahogany, fretboard is Buttonwood (Conocarpus Erectus). Hipshot locking tuners, Harmonic Design Z-90 pickups, Faber Wraparound.
resized guitar.jpg

Nice one! Did you make it?

Yes it was my 3rd build.

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:08 pm
by kosta
blueglass wrote:
kosta wrote:
blueglass wrote:I think I finally figured out the resize thing?

The top and neck are NOrth Indian Rosewood (Dalbergia sissoo), back is Mahogany, fretboard is Buttonwood (Conocarpus Erectus). Hipshot locking tuners, Harmonic Design Z-90 pickups, Faber Wraparound.
resized guitar.jpg

Nice one! Did you make it?

Yes it was my 3rd build.

Great design, and the build looks solid. Nice work!

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:15 pm
by blueglass
ThanksI

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:14 am
by coldbrightsunlight
whoismarykelly wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:haha I could never go for a T-60 for the weight but they're pricey here.

I get that if it makes an amazing guitar in the end for the money the relative cost of the neck and the rest doesn't matter at all. But it still feels odd to me. :idk:


Solid color and/or rosewood board T60s are Poplar and are significantly lighter.

Good knowledge drop :thumb:

Phosphene Audio wrote:At shows, I am playing this partscaster with a TT neck:


Image.


The TT neck looks interesting. Is it noticeably different to play than a normal neck?

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:26 am
by Phosphene Audio
coldbrightsunlight wrote:
whoismarykelly wrote:
coldbrightsunlight wrote:haha I could never go for a T-60 for the weight but they're pricey here.

I get that if it makes an amazing guitar in the end for the money the relative cost of the neck and the rest doesn't matter at all. But it still feels odd to me. :idk:


Solid color and/or rosewood board T60s are Poplar and are significantly lighter.

Good knowledge drop :thumb:

Phosphene Audio wrote:At shows, I am playing this partscaster with a TT neck:


Image.






The TT neck looks interesting. Is it noticeably different to play than a normal neck?








No, I adjusted to it quickly. I picked it up from having the neck put on just a couple days before leaving for tour and I didn’t have any problems.

Bending is not really any different than normal.

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:48 am
by coldbrightsunlight
That's cool thanks. Would like to try one

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:27 am
by Sentient Twig
Thought some of ya'll would like this one, 1972 Fender Jaguar, original black finish, maple fretboard, black blocks&binding, with super dorky 80s mods

Image

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:54 am
by hbombgraphics
It's glorious!

I don't generally like maple and blocks but in this application it looks flipping killer

what pickups are they?

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:54 am
by BoatRich
Sentient Twig wrote:Thought some of ya'll would like this one, 1972 Fender Jaguar, original black finish, maple fretboard, black blocks&binding, with super dorky 80s mods

Image

I love this so fucking much. 80’s Dimarzios are the best

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:37 pm
by Sentient Twig
hbombgraphics wrote:It's glorious!

I don't generally like maple and blocks but in this application it looks flipping killer

what pickups are they?


Boatrich has it right: they're early 80s Dimarzios. they're bonkers.

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:55 am
by coldbrightsunlight
Sentient Twig wrote:Thought some of ya'll would like this one, 1972 Fender Jaguar, original black finish, maple fretboard, black blocks&binding, with super dorky 80s mods

Image

Normally don't like the look of humbuckers in jaguars but this looks amaaaaazing :drool:

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:46 am
by heavyslime
I'm coming back to guitar after ages and selling all my stuff like an idiot. I picked up this ridiculous thing for £250 this week and absolutely love it! I couldn't get on with my old tele, but this Ibanez is light, rounded, a bit ugly and sparkly. Perfect.

I'm still very very bad at guitar, but it's the most inspiring guitar I've ever owned, and the least beige.

Image

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:53 pm
by coldbrightsunlight
That's pretty cool.

Sparkles!