Let's see your GUITAR!



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby Faldoe » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:56 pm

Both 80s. The Orville is the John Sykes model, which has an ebony fretboard. I got new pickup rings for it - to replace the mirrored ones.
Faldoe

IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2071
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:15 pm

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby dugwolf » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:33 pm

Image
Completed partscaster!
Specs:
Am Pro body sherwood refin by MJR
Am Pro strat neck w/ locking tuners
Duncan Antiquity pickups
Staytrem bridge
USA Trem
dugwolf

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:07 am

Looks great!!
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 8663
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:59 am

LOVE IT!!!!

How you like those pickups?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8449
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby dugwolf » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:23 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:LOVE IT!!!!

How you like those pickups?


They’re my favorite that I’ve tried. Sound similar to a AV62 or AV65 but not quite as much treble. A nice full sound without being overly bright. Was planning to someday try some Novak or Lollar pickups but honestly don’t feel the need to anymore. These sound perfect to me.
dugwolf

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby hbombgraphics » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:32 pm

dugwolf wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:LOVE IT!!!!

How you like those pickups?


They’re my favorite that I’ve tried. Sound similar to a AV62 or AV65 but not quite as much treble. A nice full sound without being overly bright. Was planning to someday try some Novak or Lollar pickups but honestly don’t feel the need to anymore. These sound perfect to me.



I have the same ones in my jazzy and have never wanted to change them.

you just have a 3 way and volume and tone right?
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8449
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby dugwolf » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:56 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:
dugwolf wrote:
hbombgraphics wrote:LOVE IT!!!!

How you like those pickups?

They’re my favorite that I’ve tried. Sound similar to a AV62 or AV65 but not quite as much treble. A nice full sound without being overly bright. Was planning to someday try some Novak or Lollar pickups but honestly don’t feel the need to anymore. These sound perfect to me.

I have the same ones in my jazzy and have never wanted to change them.

you just have a 3 way and volume and tone right?

Yep. Never really used the rhythm circuit.
dugwolf

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:46 pm

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby dubkitty » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:30 pm

that's fucking beautiful!
"i'd love to stay here and be normal
but it's just so overrated"--Damon Albarn, 1994

"the future never happened. it never happened"--Michael Stipe, 1994

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

"this country is going so far to the right that you won't recognize it"--John Mitchell, 1969

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10936
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby TraceItalian » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:57 pm

TraceItalian wrote:Image

My customized Fender Toronado with black finish, tort pickguard, Fralin “Big Singles” pickups, and some wonky-ass wiring
Knobs
Top left hand knob: Volume for toggle pointing towards neck.
Bottom left hand knob: Volume for toggle pointing towards bridge.
Top right hand knob: Four-way rotary switch.
Bottom right hand knob: Removed because tone knobs are for loooooooooooosers.

Toggle
Toggle pointed towards the neck: Both pickups in parallel.
Toggle pointed towards bridge: Engages four-way rotary switch (top knob on the right hand side):
Position 1: Neck only.
Position 2: Both pickups in series.
Position 3: Both pickups out-of-phase.
Position 4: Bridge Only.

Planned future changes: Graph Tech string saver saddles and a new pickguard that I'm waffling back and forth on if I want to put it on.
Currently tuned in EAC#EBE (but usually standard)


So i'm kinda going back and forth whether or not to sell this, but anyone have an idea how bad the hit is gonna bw to selling it with all the mods?
TraceItalian

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 11:58 am

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby dubkitty » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:45 am

Zounds Perspex wrote:Thanks, man! I really want another of these to keep in another tuning, but can’t decide what color would be as cool as the green.
Maybe a none-more-Black edition?


pink. or Pelham Blue.
"i'd love to stay here and be normal
but it's just so overrated"--Damon Albarn, 1994

"the future never happened. it never happened"--Michael Stipe, 1994

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

"this country is going so far to the right that you won't recognize it"--John Mitchell, 1969

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10936
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby dubkitty » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:47 am

btw, in the late 70s/early 80s Frank Zappa was really into installing Barcus-Berry transducers in different spots on that Strat he had with the body of the guitar Hendrix burned at Atlanta Pop. he particularly liked them in different places on/in the neck.
"i'd love to stay here and be normal
but it's just so overrated"--Damon Albarn, 1994

"the future never happened. it never happened"--Michael Stipe, 1994

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

"this country is going so far to the right that you won't recognize it"--John Mitchell, 1969

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10936
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby Steinmetzify » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:05 pm

This isn't my main, but it's my main for doom/sludge:

Image

For anyone that wants to know......this is the guitar that Gibson wouldn't build me, no matter how much $ I offered them...SS frets, ebony board, gold MOP inlays, PRS McCarty pickups, etc.
Steinmetzify

uncommitted
uncommitted
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:03 pm

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby karmablock » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:22 pm

Posted these in the EGC bolt on thread.

Image

Image
karmablock

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:47 am
Location: Austin-ish, Texas

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:57 am

Damn those look good with the EGC necks. I do want one but they would cost significantly more than any of the guitars I have I could put them on. :lol:
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 8663
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby skullservant » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:51 pm

Image
DIRGE ELECTRONICS.
90+ good dealings: HERE

cobascis wrote:pre-wedding dirge is vintage dirge

spacelordmother wrote: ILF DIRGE KVLT
skullservant

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 16521
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:55 am
Location: BALTIMORE

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.