Let's see your GUITAR!



Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby voerking » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Image
Fender 27" scale tele. it was sold as a baritone, but i like it better tuned to standard. i added the Mastery bridge, the tort guard, the TV Jones Magnatron, Glendale knobs, etc...
voerking

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby Chankgeez » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:10 pm

:love:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 34867
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby hbombgraphics » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:56 pm

dude what type of strings are you using to tune a 27inch guitar to standard?
Also it's flipping awesome
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby voerking » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:20 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:dude what type of strings are you using to tune a 27inch guitar to standard?
Also it's flipping awesome

just a regular 10-46 set.
thanks! i love it.
voerking

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:07 am
Location: Saint Louis

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 pm

So.... this just came back to me from being in the shop for a set-up/cleaning/some small fixes to the wiring.

Fender Starcaster. Serial number places it from 1977 or '78.

Image
Image
Image

To be honest, I'm no shit-hot guitar player, and this is beyond what I deserve. But it means a bunch for me to have it.... <story follows>

NSFW: show
This was my dad's guitar, and it came to me a couple years back after he passed away. It took a while before it was the right time for me to connect with it, but a while back I won a free set-up in a silent auction, so it's moment is here.

My dad was from the Canadian Prairies, but after he retired, he spent his winters in West Texas, way down by the border. This is where this guitar came from... I think maybe the fact it lived for a few decades in the desert maybe helped preserve it, 'cause it's in pretty amazing shape.

My dad always played a little, but after he retired he got into it more seriously, and he held down a night at the local cantina, playing old country songs by request and passing the hat. We were out of touch for a decade plus (family stuff), but when we re-connected, it was over music, and when he was passing through we'd play together a little.

I also have a couple binders of my dad's tabs and photocopied fakebook sheets. One of my projects for next year is I'm gonna go through those and pick out some songs we had in common, and draft some friends and put together a night of good ol' shit-kickin' country songs. And I'm gonna play that guitar, dammit. And make sure we play a set somewhere with sangria and bottles of Corona and send some vibes down towards Texas.
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/
Heraclitus Akimbo

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:59 pm
Location: T.O.

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby JereFuzz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:58 am

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:So.... this just came back to me from being in the shop for a set-up/cleaning/some small fixes to the wiring.

Fender Starcaster. Serial number places it from 1977 or '78.

Image
Image
Image

To be honest, I'm no shit-hot guitar player, and this is beyond what I deserve. But it means a bunch for me to have it.... <story follows>

NSFW: show
This was my dad's guitar, and it came to me a couple years back after he passed away. It took a while before it was the right time for me to connect with it, but a while back I won a free set-up in a silent auction, so it's moment is here.

My dad was from the Canadian Prairies, but after he retired, he spent his winters in West Texas, way down by the border. This is where this guitar came from... I think maybe the fact it lived for a few decades in the desert maybe helped preserve it, 'cause it's in pretty amazing shape.

My dad always played a little, but after he retired he got into it more seriously, and he held down a night at the local cantina, playing old country songs by request and passing the hat. We were out of touch for a decade plus (family stuff), but when we re-connected, it was over music, and when he was passing through we'd play together a little.

I also have a couple binders of my dad's tabs and photocopied fakebook sheets. One of my projects for next year is I'm gonna go through those and pick out some songs we had in common, and draft some friends and put together a night of good ol' shit-kickin' country songs. And I'm gonna play that guitar, dammit. And make sure we play a set somewhere with sangria and bottles of Corona and send some vibes down towards Texas.


Nice ...
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 976
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:59 am

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Thats such a gorgeous guitar dude. Thanks for sharing that story. When you play your country set get some video I want to see that thing in action.
lost in music wrote:Drop out of life with cone in hand. Follow the scoops to-ah the ice cream man.


good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:39 am

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby friendship » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Great story, beautiful guitar. So great that you were able to reconnect with your father and are carrying his axe into the futuretimes.
actualidiot wrote:12-bit's almost analog, right?
friendship

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3262
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby Heraclitus Akimbo » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:53 pm

gnomethrone wrote:Thats such a gorgeous guitar dude. Thanks for sharing that story. When you play your country set get some video I want to see that thing in action.


It might be blocked out by the giant cowboy hat that I'll need to find!
solo (mostly ambient): https://heraclitusakimbo.bandcamp.com/
band (spontaneous kosmische): https://stargoon.bandcamp.com/
Heraclitus Akimbo

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:59 pm
Location: T.O.

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:46 am

Gorgeous starcaster!!!
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 8371
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby DRodriguez » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:41 am

Always wanted to try a starcaster! Looks rad.

Image

Installed my ILFSS pickups made by drolo. Also painted and switched out the pickguard. And added contact mics.
instagram: digitally_analog | snapchat: dave1856
DRodriguez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3555
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:40 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Contact miiiics!

Where have you put them?
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 8371
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:17 pm

yes need to know about these contact mics ASAP

one thing I have wanted to do with looping is get some of the "hey I just slapped my guitar" sounds you get when you acoustic loop
my solution was to add a mag pickup to my alvarez but this sounds smarter

also: Backstory and starcaster are equally dope!
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:18 pm

contact mics on guitars are great. Did it recently and it was a very good decision.
some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck


I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 8371
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:22 pm

I only make bad decisions when it comes to modding guitars.
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.


Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8366
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:39 pm
Location: Central NY

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.