· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Guitar and bass lounge at the Wang Bar.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Russian 7-String (DBGDBGD):

But in shipping it got damaged! No recourse so I put some wood glue on it, compressed it with clamp and thick cardboard to stop any movement in the damage (and to prevent growth of the cracks). Here is the damage with my glue job:

Looks worse in person :cry:

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:05 am

It just adds character.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:39 am

rma and skychord havin fun with moon rock.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:11 am

Achtane wrote:It just adds character.

Thank u for your kind words ... but it does sound/play great ... the brand is Doff ... they make 6 string parlor guitar im interested in ....

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Fender 27" scale tele. it was sold as a baritone, but i like it better tuned to standard. i added the Mastery bridge, the tort guard, the TV Jones Magnatron, Glendale knobs, etc...

Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:10 pm

:love:

Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:56 pm

dude what type of strings are you using to tune a 27inch guitar to standard?
Also it's flipping awesome

Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:20 pm

hbombgraphics wrote:dude what type of strings are you using to tune a 27inch guitar to standard?
Also it's flipping awesome

just a regular 10-46 set.
thanks! i love it.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 pm

So.... this just came back to me from being in the shop for a set-up/cleaning/some small fixes to the wiring.

Fender Starcaster. Serial number places it from 1977 or '78.

To be honest, I'm no shit-hot guitar player, and this is beyond what I deserve. But it means a bunch for me to have it.... <story follows>

NSFW: show
This was my dad's guitar, and it came to me a couple years back after he passed away. It took a while before it was the right time for me to connect with it, but a while back I won a free set-up in a silent auction, so it's moment is here.

My dad was from the Canadian Prairies, but after he retired, he spent his winters in West Texas, way down by the border. This is where this guitar came from... I think maybe the fact it lived for a few decades in the desert maybe helped preserve it, 'cause it's in pretty amazing shape.

My dad always played a little, but after he retired he got into it more seriously, and he held down a night at the local cantina, playing old country songs by request and passing the hat. We were out of touch for a decade plus (family stuff), but when we re-connected, it was over music, and when he was passing through we'd play together a little.

I also have a couple binders of my dad's tabs and photocopied fakebook sheets. One of my projects for next year is I'm gonna go through those and pick out some songs we had in common, and draft some friends and put together a night of good ol' shit-kickin' country songs. And I'm gonna play that guitar, dammit. And make sure we play a set somewhere with sangria and bottles of Corona and send some vibes down towards Texas.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:58 am

Heraclitus Akimbo wrote:So.... this just came back to me from being in the shop for a set-up/cleaning/some small fixes to the wiring.

Fender Starcaster. Serial number places it from 1977 or '78.

To be honest, I'm no shit-hot guitar player, and this is beyond what I deserve. But it means a bunch for me to have it.... <story follows>

NSFW: show
This was my dad's guitar, and it came to me a couple years back after he passed away. It took a while before it was the right time for me to connect with it, but a while back I won a free set-up in a silent auction, so it's moment is here.

My dad was from the Canadian Prairies, but after he retired, he spent his winters in West Texas, way down by the border. This is where this guitar came from... I think maybe the fact it lived for a few decades in the desert maybe helped preserve it, 'cause it's in pretty amazing shape.

My dad always played a little, but after he retired he got into it more seriously, and he held down a night at the local cantina, playing old country songs by request and passing the hat. We were out of touch for a decade plus (family stuff), but when we re-connected, it was over music, and when he was passing through we'd play together a little.

I also have a couple binders of my dad's tabs and photocopied fakebook sheets. One of my projects for next year is I'm gonna go through those and pick out some songs we had in common, and draft some friends and put together a night of good ol' shit-kickin' country songs. And I'm gonna play that guitar, dammit. And make sure we play a set somewhere with sangria and bottles of Corona and send some vibes down towards Texas.

Nice ...

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:54 pm

Thats such a gorgeous guitar dude. Thanks for sharing that story. When you play your country set get some video I want to see that thing in action.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Great story, beautiful guitar. So great that you were able to reconnect with your father and are carrying his axe into the futuretimes.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:53 pm

gnomethrone wrote:Thats such a gorgeous guitar dude. Thanks for sharing that story. When you play your country set get some video I want to see that thing in action.

It might be blocked out by the giant cowboy hat that I'll need to find!

Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:46 am

Gorgeous starcaster!!!

Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:41 am

Always wanted to try a starcaster! Looks rad.

Installed my ILFSS pickups made by drolo. Also painted and switched out the pickguard. And added contact mics.
Post a reply