Let's see your GUITAR!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby foomanfat » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:48 pm

Disarm D'arcy wrote:
repoman wrote:Image

:cool:

The curvature of that arm trips me out.
Hey! Let's talk about serious thing. We're gonna talk about guitar, dude.
daseb wrote:sorry dude, I apologise, val kilmer was a great songwriter and truly understood the mystic ways of the native american.
foomanfat

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:01 pm

polyslax wrote:New axe in the house!

That is fucking rad. It's like an offset Les Paul! :love:
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:42 pm

I tried one of those Collings (but with P90) yesterday... so awesome.

How are the Lollar Gold Foil?
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:20 am

collings guitars are amazing. i've only gotten to play on a few of collings' acoustics but they smoked equal level martins and taylors.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:25 am

i'm thinking Repoman has the 2 classiest looking instruments i've seen in a long time...i mean having 1 of those is cool, but to have those 2...wow!
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:40 am

i feel theres a need to talk about guitar strings for a moment, yet im not a guitar player, just enjoy the fun of noodling and coming up with good time sounds...so :idea: how often do you change your guitar strings? I dont have extra to $hell out so ive been rippin on some janked up about to fray strings for months....string thread?...
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby samzadgan » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:47 am

comesect2.0 wrote:i feel theres a need to talk about guitar strings for a moment, yet im not a guitar player, just enjoy the fun of noodling and coming up with good time sounds...so :idea: how often do you change your guitar strings? I dont have extra to $hell out so ive been rippin on some janked up about to fray strings for months....string thread?...

Once every 6 months...unless I'm feeling the itch to change tuning
AxAxSxS wrote:...if its a loud tube amp.... :doom:

Iommic Pope wrote:Amps first, makeup sex later.
samzadgan

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Blackened Soul » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:51 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:i feel theres a need to talk about guitar strings for a moment, yet im not a guitar player, just enjoy the fun of noodling and coming up with good time sounds...so :idea: how often do you change your guitar strings? I dont have extra to $hell out so ive been rippin on some janked up about to fray strings for months....string thread?...

There is one somewhere :idk: on guitars I change strings when there is a reason to :idk:
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby wafl » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:23 pm

I play flatwounds.

So never
wafl

experienced
experienced

Postby waltdogg » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:32 pm

shit. i never change strings unless i need to setup my instruments or actually break a string. though in reality if you're a dirty person or live in a humid environment, don't expect your strings to last longer than a couple weeks to a month. and this is coming from someone living in california where the humidity isn't terribly high (but just perfect for guitars on average). however, if you live on the coast it's high enough to kill strings in non-climate controlled environment (i.e. your garage, your car's trunk on a hot day, or backyard studio shed (no offense puddin').

there's a reason just about every manufacturer of guitar strings has switched to some sort of environment sealed packaging for their strings. strings die on their own. just like a metals, they oxidize and corrode when exposed to moisture and extreme temperature changes.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby polyslax » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:33 pm

sylnau wrote:I tried one of those Collings (but with P90) yesterday... so awesome.

I auditioned the same guitar with P90s first, and it was fantastic sounding/playing to me. I would be happy with either guitar, but for me the GF pickups edged out the P90s. My thoughts: the GFs were a bit more raw sounding, more high end sparkle and felt a bit more sensitive to picking strength.
polyslax

interested
interested

Postby sylnau » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:59 am

Thanks polyslax.

:snax:
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:39 am

polyslax wrote:
sylnau wrote:I tried one of those Collings (but with P90) yesterday... so awesome.

I auditioned the same guitar with P90s first, and it was fantastic sounding/playing to me. I would be happy with either guitar, but for me the GF pickups edged out the P90s. My thoughts: the GFs were a bit more raw sounding, more high end sparkle and felt a bit more sensitive to picking strength.

Wait... are you canadian? Did we try the exact same guitar in the exact same store? They had the one you got a week ago before I went to the store.

What about the low end P90 vs GF ?

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby polyslax » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:18 am

sylnau wrote:
polyslax wrote:

Wait... are you canadian? Did we try the exact same guitar in the exact same store? They had the one you got a week ago before I went to the store.

What about the low end P90 vs GF ?

Yup, I'm in the Ottawa area, and the store is in Ottawa. Love Quebec City though... my goal is to move there.

Very similar in low end I would say. If you look at the freq response for the 2 pickups on the Lollar site you'll see the GF puts out a bit more bass, and the P90 is more mid range heavy.
polyslax

interested
interested

Postby sylnau » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:37 am

Thanks! I really love that guitar.
Lauzon is really a cool store... Sean is a great guy!

Ottawa is a cool city too. But I arrived during "La Machine" it was a nightmare to drive. :lol:

sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass