Let's see your GUITAR!

Moderators: Ghost Hip, metalmariachi

Re: Let's see your GUITAR!

Postby jogi » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:01 am

IMG_8875.jpg

My new Fender MIJ 62 Tele Custom. I never thought that a telecaster would match my idea of sound, but tuned to C# in combination with a Catalinbread Naga Viper into a Hiwatt, this is a serious consideration for some stoner sounds, think of Colour Haze, Sungrazer,...
jogi

interested
interested

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:25 am

Those bound burst Tele customs are beautiful.
MechaGodzilla

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:20 pm

I got a new tele too! My phone takes garbage pictures but you get the idea. The wide ranges sound cool especially the neck. Gonna mess around with adjusting the bridge pickup a bit but that'll be tomorrow.
Now I just need some cowboy boots.
lost in music wrote:Drop out of life with cone in hand. Follow the scoops to-ah the ice cream man.

good dealings here:
NSFW: show
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby imJonWain » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:09 pm

Thats hella tight dude

Sometimes I get so upset that I don't have a goth gf I put on type-o-negative and jerk off.
imJonWain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:25 pm

Haha yeah I've been singing that all day.
"I couldn't make it as a punker."
lost in music wrote:Drop out of life with cone in hand. Follow the scoops to-ah the ice cream man.

good dealings here:
Ancient Astronaught, fuzzlord!, onyxrhino, lordgalvar, JoeTheStache, kbit, BoatRich, oscillateur, grindonomicon, doommeow, fever606, Bearstripes, Casavettes, Faldoe, jellyfishfuzz, morange, Teej212, MEC, ianmarks, JWAR, Raj007
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby emcee_m_prime » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Here's my white korina / canary / ziricote tele. I built it for stoner / psych stuff, so it's closer to an SG than a typical Tele. Pickups are 50s style Rumpelstiltskins. Sounds pretty good through the Four Eyes into the Pharaoh IMO.

emcee_m_prime

interested
interested

Postby gnomethrone » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:49 pm

Whoah that's really nice. Team telecaster owns this page.

good dealings here:
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:17 am

You guys have some nice teles. Here's my Squier guy (with fatter, roastier neck).

adamajah

committed
committed

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:47 pm

Beauty! That looks amazing. :thumb:
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang, laekna, biftaclyro, maortojn, oscillateur

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck

I make music sometimes:

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/releases
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby emcee_m_prime » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Very nice. You like the roasted maple? Is it from USACG? I wanna use one on my jagstang build.
emcee_m_prime

interested
interested

Postby emcee_m_prime » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:00 pm

Also, is that strap from Original Fuzz? I have one of their Peruvian ones and love it.

emcee_m_prime

interested
interested

Postby hbombgraphics » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:04 pm

So many awesome tele pics.

I need a tele again
Gunner Recall wrote:This thread is bad and everyone in it should feel bad.

Iommic Pope wrote:This thread is mediocre at best, but I encourage everyone posting in it to feel as awesome as possible.
hbombgraphics

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby adamajah » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:38 pm

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Beauty! That looks amazing. :thumb:

Some dope tele's round hea' fo sho!

emcee_m_prime wrote:Very nice. You like the roasted maple? Is it from USACG? I wanna use one on my jagstang build.

I went with musikraft bc it was a bit cheaper for what i wanted - light roast with minimum sealer coat. I wasn't sure a roasted neck would be all that different but it's way noticeable - like different guitar noticeable. It feels like a smooth piece of driftwood and made the tele brighter and more resonant.

emcee_m_prime wrote:Also, is that strap from Original Fuzz? I have one of their Peruvian ones and love it.

Yes my wife got it for me last xmas. So far my fave strap. I like the pattern you got!
adamajah

committed
committed

Postby emcee_m_prime » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:53 pm

Ah, Musikraft was the priciest when I checked but they make great stuff. And good call on the light roast and light seal - it looks great. I did a single coat of truoil on my canary neck to seal it (Warmoth says you can leave it raw but I didn't want to chance it), and I won't go back to fully finished necks for my own builds again. Just feels better to me this way.
emcee_m_prime

interested
interested

Postby bubstance » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:05 pm

Not pretty shots by any means due to broken/awful camera, but here's my beater '82 T-60. It's been modded and parts swapped over the years, but it always holds a special place as the first "real" guitar I bought for myself.
bubstance

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass