Let's see your BASS!

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see your BASS!

Postby Mudfuzz » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:30 pm

Kellanium wrote:Six-string basses are only for posers and pretentious funk players. ;)

You wur say'n...
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby Kellanium » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:31 pm

Mudfuzz wrote:
Kellanium wrote:Six-string basses are only for posers and pretentious funk players. ;)

You wur say'n...

That guy is DEF. a pretentious funk player.

Oh wait, i meant a poser. :p
snipelfritz wrote:We're like those friends who are a bad influence and get you to do drugs...and they're REALLY good drugs.

Fuzzy Fred wrote:YO IM OUT OF LUBE IS IT OKAY IF I USE WALMART BRAND CRISCO?

Get in on the ILF Mixtape Swap!
Kellanium

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Kellanium wrote:In all seriousness, though, how often do you use that extra 4th that it gives you?

allllllllll the freaking time. but i'm not that good. i like having all that range in one hand position.

i know it only gives you 5 more half steps to play with over a 5 string, but that is essential for chording stuff. sounds too thick and poo based if you chord butt loads on the lower strings. i tried 5's and 7's, i've always been more comfy on a 6.

if i WAS going to use a 5'er, i'd tune it EADGC 'cause i like the extra high range more than the lower range.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DuoSonicII » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:01 pm

DuoSonicII wrote:Here's my main bass, a '96 T-Bird:

In 13 years of playing, I've never bonded with a bass like I have with this one...and I've been through a bunch. It's my baby.

I have a bunch of others, mostly weirdo cheapies, need to dig around for pics.

Dug thru my pics, seems like the only reason I ever take pics of basses is because I'm selling them. :facepalm:

Here's the two I found that I actually still have; will have to follow up with more pics later.

'81 G&L L-1000

'64 Epiphone Rivoli
SPACERITUAL wrote:I had sex with another black girl last night. When i went to sleep i had a dream that thomas jefferson highfived me.

Good deals with: onthetundra, fuzzmax, starcastic, Lintybits
DuoSonicII

experienced
experienced

Postby Deltaphoenix » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:13 pm

3 winners fo 'sho
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Achtane » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:54 pm

Deltaphoenix wrote:This was a First Act Custom Shop Bass that I had for a bit. It was really awesome, looked like a Mosrite and played like a P Bass. I bought off Against Me!'s Bass player Andrew. He is a cool dude, he just got a Verillian MeatSmoke that I want to go try out.

Fuck!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SmallEQ » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:05 am

DuoSonicII wrote:
SmallEQ wrote:FYI, You should keep the neck at tension when shipping.

You mean under string tension? What's the reasoning behind this? I've always heard the exact opposite. Makes sense to me that damage to the bass anywhere along the string path would be exacerbated by the strings being under tension. Ever since I read the "how to ship an instrument" chapter of Dan Erlewine's book and saw that he agreed with the "always slack the strings before shipping" method, I've taken it as gospel.

:idk:

Its just one of those things that got out there thanks to things like Erlewine's book and became "common knowledge", but wasn't actually based on anything other than it seemed to makes sense.

The point of keeping it under correct tension is that a neck is at its most stable with equal and opposing forces. Is it that big of a deal? maybe not, but you'll notice the majority of major manufacturers will ship basses with the strings at the correct tension.
SmallEQ

experienced
experienced

Postby jrmy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:17 am

behndy wrote:...if i WAS going to use a 5'er, i'd tune it EADGC 'cause i like the extra high range more than the lower range.

YES!!! I am with you on this. I've been tempted to get a cheap 5 for exactly this purpose.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DuoSonicII » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:47 am

SmallEQ wrote:
DuoSonicII wrote:
SmallEQ wrote:FYI, You should keep the neck at tension when shipping.

You mean under string tension? What's the reasoning behind this? I've always heard the exact opposite. Makes sense to me that damage to the bass anywhere along the string path would be exacerbated by the strings being under tension. Ever since I read the "how to ship an instrument" chapter of Dan Erlewine's book and saw that he agreed with the "always slack the strings before shipping" method, I've taken it as gospel.

:idk:

Its just one of those things that got out there thanks to things like Erlewine's book and became "common knowledge", but wasn't actually based on anything other than it seemed to makes sense.

The point of keeping it under correct tension is that a neck is at its most stable with equal and opposing forces. Is it that big of a deal? maybe not, but you'll notice the majority of major manufacturers will ship basses with the strings at the correct tension.

It probably doesn't make much difference for a lot of electric instruments, especially anything Fender-style. But I've seen a bunch of headstock breaks (Gibsons/anything made of soft wood) and some bridge issues (acoustics/non-string-thru bridges) in instruments that were shipped in hard cases and arrived without any obvious damage to the outside. String tension definitely plays a big role in those.
SPACERITUAL wrote:I had sex with another black girl last night. When i went to sleep i had a dream that thomas jefferson highfived me.

Good deals with: onthetundra, fuzzmax, starcastic, Lintybits
DuoSonicII

experienced
experienced

Postby MSUsousaphone » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:15 am

behndy wrote:
Kellanium wrote:In all seriousness, though, how often do you use that extra 4th that it gives you?

allllllllll the freaking time. but i'm not that good. i like having all that range in one hand position.

i know it only gives you 5 more half steps to play with over a 5 string, but that is essential for chording stuff. sounds too thick and poo based if you chord butt loads on the lower strings. i tried 5's and 7's, i've always been more comfy on a 6.

if i WAS going to use a 5'er, i'd tune it EADGC 'cause i like the extra high range more than the lower range.

I used to go with this...but with my Eden rig and having ditched the Boss GT10-B and getting some better quality FX, I've noticed my chords sound A LOT clearer when the root is anywhere above that middle C....which gives me a good octave of chords to mess with. And now my low end just fucking rocks. I was slamming some low B's in Church the other day. Cock hanging out and everything. RUUUUUUUUUUUMBLING. And I was all like "fuck you organist with yo big Catholic ass organ pipe thingers. The 80's was a shittyest ass time for music what with all the fretlessness and the lame modulations and stuff.....but the 1580's were even worse because the organ was outdated even then."

I fucking loathe organs.
MSUsousaphone

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Mudfuzz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:34 am

jrmy wrote:
behndy wrote:...if i WAS going to use a 5'er, i'd tune it EADGC 'cause i like the extra high range more than the lower range.

YES!!! I am with you on this. I've been tempted to get a cheap 5 for exactly this purpose.

:idk: I love my four bangers [I am actually amazed I accumulated so many...] and all but I can't deal with not having a low B for a lot of the stuff I play.
Mudfuzz

HERO
HERO

Postby maz91379 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:29 am

I would just like to throw in that i hated my ex bass players bass tuned to badg and because of this have an extreme prejudice towards low b's. That is all.
IEatCats wrote: That dude needs a beard and a sad demeanor.
maz91379

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:40 am

maz91379 wrote:I would just like to throw in that i hated my ex bass players bass tuned to badg and because of this have an extreme prejudice towards low b's. That is all.

.150 B = fuck yes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby warwick.hoy » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:09 am

RIVOLI
RivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliI can Haz?RivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliI can Haz?RivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoliRivoli
behndy wrote:"huh. i'm on acid."

Noiseprov/Pedalcore:
Mecha Shiva on Soundcloud.

WHY DID JOHNNY KILL? on Bandcamp. <--Beer Fund

Good Dealings with: futuresailors, Eric!, Multi_S, hatshirt, leastwise, Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D
warwick.hoy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby theavondon » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:16 am

DuoSonicII wrote:
'81 G&L L-1000

OUCH MAN MY BONER IN MY PANTS IT WENT SO HARD SO FAST
theavondon

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext