moose23 wrote:Image

Aaah, goddamn. I loves me some natty finish. :love:
There is a 500 character limit.
sutarappa

committed
committed

Re: Let's see your BASS!

Postby Haki » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:24 am

jwar wrote:Me main bass. Musicman 25th Anniversary HSS. Probably the nicest bass I've ever owned. Great tone, awesome, awesome, awesome. Why the fuck was I thinking of flipping this?

Here's a pic of me at my old house thinking about banging my bass.

Bass that are no more. The sadness....
Fretless 5'er I had for like a week. Took it back to GC when I determined (with the help of some TB'ers) that it wasn't an original fretless, which fucks the value of it. Damn cool bass though. I should have fucking kept it. Played AMAZING.

Fender MIM of some sort...this is the one I sold. It was aight.

My beloved Bongo. God I miss this bass. Why the fuck do I sell everything. :picard:

My beloved Stingray HH. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Traded this for the Bongo.

I like how your past basses are as impressive and drool worthy as your past pedals.

At least you got a good amp for that fretless number, but what'd you buy with the money from the Bongo, your wife?
Haki

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:37 am

there's actually one pile somewhere where the same dooder has been collecting everything that jWARious has had and flipped. it's a scratchy pile, with much velcro and many corners and sharp edges.

which just makes the nude acrobatics that the young gentleman performs on them even more impressive.
Eric! wrote:YOU'RE like having two pedals in one
with your...momentary fuck switch and all..

theactionindex wrote:QUADRACOCK BEHNDERFUCK

music, videos, in progress - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy

okay, Plan B - PANICImage
behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Haki » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:43 am

Yeah, I'm the one buying up all the SS/BS/DFAS pedals he flips, flattering to call me a young gentleman.
Haki

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby behndy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:53 am

NUDE. ACROBATICS.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:37 am

Haki wrote:
jwar wrote:Me main bass. Musicman 25th Anniversary HSS. Probably the nicest bass I've ever owned. Great tone, awesome, awesome, awesome. Why the fuck was I thinking of flipping this?

Here's a pic of me at my old house thinking about banging my bass.

Bass that are no more. The sadness....
Fretless 5'er I had for like a week. Took it back to GC when I determined (with the help of some TB'ers) that it wasn't an original fretless, which fucks the value of it. Damn cool bass though. I should have fucking kept it. Played AMAZING.

Fender MIM of some sort...this is the one I sold. It was aight.

My beloved Bongo. God I miss this bass. Why the fuck do I sell everything. :picard:

My beloved Stingray HH. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol Traded this for the Bongo.

I like how your past basses are as impressive and drool worthy as your past pedals.

At least you got a good amp for that fretless number, but what'd you buy with the money from the Bongo, your wife?

Sometimes I end up on top in trades, sometimes not. I can't recall the exact reason I got rid of the Bongo. I think it had to do with pedal GAS. I had 3 basses at the time, and wanted money for pedals. So I flipped the Bongo for the MIM Fender plus like 350, then ended up selling the Fender for 500. So I pretty much sold the Bongo...lol. May have been able to get like a 100 more had I sold the Bongo outright. But NO! I wanted to see how a passive played. Pttt...fuck passives. Sounds like dead shit to me. Dead, lifeless SHIT. At least P basses do. The Jazz basses are still pretty hot. But I'm more into active basses. I mean why wouldn't you be? They have their own fucking pre-amp! It's like a no brainer for me. Plus I love the aggressive tones.

Also a note about my gear flips. I have in fact regretted many, many flips. Not going to lie. But, I have also got to try some phenomenal stuff I wouldn't have otherwise. Having bills, two kids, two dogs and a wife eats your extra monies. So flipping gear is the best route for me. Plus I still have a killer pedal board. If/when I need all these pedals for an actual band situation (never going to fucking happen at this rate...son of a bitch), I will instantly know which pedals I want and for what reason. I won't have to start a thread on TB and ask "what the best pedal for doom". Duh! It's a TAFM, ECT or The Elements. DUH!!!!

Oh and also Ben, I can't remember how much exactly I paid to ship that bass. I know it weighed right around 10lbs. I just did an estimate on USPS for a 10 pound bass to MN (cause I have that zip in my head for some reason) and it cost roughly 57 bucks. Not bad if you ask me!
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Deltaphoenix » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 am

I have a Boner for a Bongo. Jwar, How versatile are they?
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby behndy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:20 am

hurm. i dunno why i always end up being quoted a hundy? guess i gott go in and be more intimidating.

and fuck active basses. can't stand worrying about batteries.

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 am

behndy wrote:hurm. i dunno why i always end up being quoted a hundy? guess i gott go in and be more intimidating.

and fuck active basses. can't stand worrying about batteries.

Dude you only have to change batteries like every six months! Just change them when you change your smoke detector batteries. Where were you trying to ship the basses. I mean, it's more expensive depending on where you ship of course. I shipped regular Priority with DC# and insurance. Even if it cost 100 for you to ship, just make the buyer pay it.

The Bongo was pretty good, but not nearly as versatile as the Reflex.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby MaxMaps » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 pm

jwar wrote:
Sometimes I end up on top in trades, sometimes not. I can't recall the exact reason I got rid of the Bongo. I think it had to do with pedal GAS. I had 3 basses at the time, and wanted money for pedals. So I flipped the Bongo for the MIM Fender plus like 350, then ended up selling the Fender for 500. So I pretty much sold the Bongo...lol. May have been able to get like a 100 more had I sold the Bongo outright. But NO! I wanted to see how a passive played. Pttt...fuck passives. Sounds like dead shit to me. Dead, lifeless SHIT. At least P basses do. The Jazz basses are still pretty hot. But I'm more into active basses. I mean why wouldn't you be? They have their own fucking pre-amp! It's like a no brainer for me. Plus I love the aggressive tones.

Also a note about my gear flips. I have in fact regretted many, many flips. Not going to lie. But, I have also got to try some phenomenal stuff I wouldn't have otherwise. Having bills, two kids, two dogs and a wife eats your extra monies. So flipping gear is the best route for me. Plus I still have a killer pedal board. If/when I need all these pedals for an actual band situation (never going to fucking happen at this rate...son of a bitch), I will instantly know which pedals I want and for what reason. I won't have to start a thread on TB and ask "what the best pedal for doom". Duh! It's a TAFM, ECT or The Elements. DUH!!!!

Oh and also Ben, I can't remember how much exactly I paid to ship that bass. I know it weighed right around 10lbs. I just did an estimate on USPS for a 10 pound bass to MN (cause I have that zip in my head for some reason) and it cost roughly 57 bucks. Not bad if you ask me!

Jwar do we think alike ? :hug: we are bros :hug: I feel exactly the same way that you and had almost the exactly same experiences with flips and basses. This is why I love the L-2000 series, you get that really punchy aggressive tone with the option to go any direction I like.

After 2 complete rigs, multiple basses and what seems to be over 30 pedals flipped, at this moment I feel like I have a good handle what I like and what is going to work for me in the future with projects and what I am trying to accomplish here at home.

That being said there is PLENTY of drool worthy shit still out there. :!!!:
THEBEERHAMMER wrote:
Achtane wrote:Doom Weed, duh.
Doom seed is like...what you get when wizards jerk it.
Doom Weed produces Doom Seed.

BRO IS THIS EVEN KUSH??? IS BUFFERED? TRV BYPASS??? MY FRIEND DAMBLEDORE TOLD ME I NEEDED CRYSTAL LETTUICE.
MaxMaps

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby SmallEQ » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:22 pm

The Mistress:
The Wife (first bass I've owned for 2.5 years):
SmallEQ

experienced
experienced

Postby behndy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:37 pm

Big Als are neat looking.

shipping - seems to be around $100 at USPS, FedEx or UPS. I've only shipped like two basses though.

batteries - I REMOVED THE ACTIVE SMOKE DETECTORS FROM HOUSE AND RELLACED THEM WITH PASSIVES.

well, more a kitten tied to an intricate rail system on the ceiling. i DO replace the kittens ever 6 months, so i guess i could time by that.

hate batteries, and actives just never seemed that muh better to me. just louder. i like have the eq on ze preampsn

MEOW. what's that kitty? fire? NO. i'm just fucking baking cookies. WHY CAN YOU NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE??!?

behndy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby karmablock » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 pm

What is that first bass? Lakland? Never seen those pickups before.
karmablock

experienced
experienced

Postby Deltaphoenix » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:47 pm

Behndy, I think you should investigate the ACG/East EQ02 preamp. It is filter based, has a low-pass and high-pass filter. It get tons of tonez out of one bass. In one of the songs that I use my MXR BOD on several parts, if I don't dial back the Low-Pass, my signal sounds wimpier with the octave pedal on...It is really weird. When I roll the low-pass boost back, the octave pedal sounds huge, like it should. I was not going to go active again until I ran across this preamp. It creates so many tonez, not just louder.
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby SmallEQ » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:51 pm

behndy wrote:Big Als are neat looking.

shipping - seems to be around $100 at USPS, FedEx or UPS. I've only shipped like two basses though.

Shipping to California from Chicago is generally around 50 bucks depending on how much insurance you have on the bass. The trick is to ship the bass in something like a standard hardshell SKB case with a box that fits right over it.
SmallEQ

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass