How serendipitous

Cool story and cool guitar :)
I make pedals. SHARK TANK
Officer Bukowski

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Epic New Guitar Day. :-)

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:56 am

NO way - that's fucking AWESOME story! Congrats, man, seriously! Must feel good. Oh dear.:joy: :thumb: :hug:
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby D-Rainger » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:34 am

Great story... and then there's a picture of my guitar!! :joy: I can seriously relate to you. Ever since I bought my white Gibson SG Special back in '96 I've adored it, and come to realise how SGs are truly the best. These days it's got those beautiful little edge-areas where the paint's worn through to the mahogany, headstock broken off twice, been re-fretted 3 times... Plays like a dream...
Of course it's actually beige-coloured now.
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby Rygot » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:15 am

Awesome!

I obviously had this planned out.

Oh, and if that pic was taken at musicgoround I was definitely playing a jazzmaster through that amp while my friend was picking up a cab.
Rygot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:42 am

As if that even happened. Pretty awesome man!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:55 am

adrianlee wrote:Let me explain---

When I turned 18 my parents, who at the time certainly didn't have the funds, went out and bought me my dream guitar--Gibson SG in white. I remember opening that guitar when I get it. The world stopped. I was the happiest man on earth. I babied it. Took it to every show, every practice, every jam, etc...

Fast forward 2 years and for some odd reason I had the brilliant idea of trading it for a white explorer. I don't know why, but, I did. Fast forward two months and the explorer had been sold. I was over it. But, I was never over my white SG. I felt empty.

I went on endless searches to find a white SG (ALWAYS checking serial numbers just in case and calling the guy I traded it to--He later sold it on craigslist) like mine--Played several, liked many, but, never pulled the trigger. They weren't MY sg. The search just seemed endless.

So, fast forward 5 years, still no white sg but, a burning love of Fender Toronados. I got word from fellow columbus ILFer Rygot that our local music go round had a black toronado. So, I saddled up and rode. I played it, loved it and was ready to drop the 399+tax they wanted....

I then turned my head to the left and saw a white SG. I looked, thought to myself, 'no way, its just another white SG' (the music go round just so happens to be in the same parking lot where my orginal SG/Explorer trade happened)...So, I did my norm, asked to see it....First thing I always do is check serial numbers. And, guess what?

It was my sg. The one. In the same condition that I received it in. Same weird pink fade that was happening toward the strap button, same TV yellow neck that it was turning when i had it. He asked if i wanted to play it...I was speechless. I had no answer but a head nod. I plugged it in, played a little Iommi riff, and, it was over. I took a picture with my phone just to send to my best mate Mauerkraut--The one who always had to listen to my SG stories. All i said was, 'NGD?'....He said, 'yes'.

I'm the happiest ILFer right now. Thanks Rygot. I don't know how it happened, but, if happened. I have it back.

Terrible iphone photo. Ill have some higher res ones tomorrow. Also, super sob story, but, this guitar is very important to me. I still have toronado gas, but, that can wait.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

this is the best gear recollection story ever :!!!: congrats!!
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Haki » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:00 pm

adrianlee wrote:Fast forward 2 years and for some odd reason I had the brilliant idea of trading it for a white explorer. I don't know why, but, I did.

That is deserving of a :picard:

Awesome you got it back though, that thing is gorgeous! :joy:
Haki

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ghost Hip » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 pm

This is so much cooler than when I got my Wave Graphic Disaster Fuzz back. Rad Story!
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby adrianlee » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Rygot wrote:Awesome!

Oh, and if that pic was taken at musicgoround I was definitely playing a jazzmaster through that amp while my friend was picking up a cab.

It totally was! That cab sounded great.
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby mikeyhegs » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:33 pm

I've been looking for a white SG for a while. they're just so purdy. glad you could reclaim yours!
http://www.forcedny.com blackened death sludge riffs to make your day heavy
mikeyhegs

committed
committed

Postby Rygot » Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:39 pm

adrianlee wrote:
Rygot wrote:Awesome!

It totally was! That cab sounded great.

Do you by chance remember how much the head and cab costed? :lol:
Rygot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby adrianlee » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:56 pm

550 and 299
adrianlee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby dubkitty » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:40 pm

well, how could that possibly be any better?
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Wes Mantooth » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:23 am

Awesome :thumb:

This is not helping my SG gas either :no:
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass