Guitar/Bass you'd love to have that no one would expect

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Guitar/Bass you'd love to have that no one would expect

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue May 24, 2011 10:11 am

dubkitty wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:
loudwizard wrote:Does Danelectro as a company have a problem with the gayz? I did not know that.

Yes. They were a big supporter of prop 8. Builders here even did charity auctions through pedals for peace [Devi, Dwarfcraft ect] of gay themed pedals to help fight back the other way.

that's false. the owner of the company made a personal donation in support of Proposition 8. the company took no position.

Wouldn't the money or at least some of it been made via owning the company though? So even if all the employees been against it their work would have went to it, right?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue May 24, 2011 12:47 pm

and so, assuming that you even have the right to punish anyone for expressing their viewpoint, you're going to punish...the employees, who had nothing to do with it and have no influence over the actions of the owner of the corporation or what he does with the portion of his income derived from Danelectro? i realize that acts of revenge help to contribute to that warm fuzzy feeling of moral superiority--especially when the electorate rejects your version of morality--but who is actually harmed?
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue May 24, 2011 8:00 pm

dubkitty wrote:and so, assuming that you even have the right to punish anyone for expressing their viewpoint, you're going to punish...the employees, who had nothing to do with it and have no influence over the actions of the owner of the corporation or what he does with the portion of his income derived from Danelectro? i realize that acts of revenge help to contribute to that warm fuzzy feeling of moral superiority--especially when the electorate rejects your version of morality--but who is actually harmed?

Then in your opinion what is the answer?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby grindonomicon » Tue May 24, 2011 10:46 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:Then in your opinion what is the answer?

I'm gonna name my Tele VI the 'Ridinger Arsedestroyer' and do a nice blog posting of the project. I believe that is an appropriate response. :poke:
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby Big Mon » Tue May 24, 2011 11:25 pm

dubkitty wrote:
Mudfuzz wrote:
loudwizard wrote:Does Danelectro as a company have a problem with the gayz? I did not know that.

Yes. They were a big supporter of prop 8. Builders here even did charity auctions through pedals for peace [Devi, Dwarfcraft ect] of gay themed pedals to help fight back the other way.

that's false. the owner of the company made a personal donation in support of Proposition 8. the company took no position.

I'm sure the 11 cents a day he paid them was enough to keep 'em quiet
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Tue May 24, 2011 11:29 pm

grindonomicon wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:Then in your opinion what is the answer?

I'm gonna name my Tele VI the 'Ridinger Arsedestroyer' and do a nice blog posting of the project. I believe that is an appropriate response. :poke:

I like that name. You haz blog? canz I haz link?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Tue May 24, 2011 11:50 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:
dubkitty wrote:and so, assuming that you even have the right to punish anyone for expressing their viewpoint, you're going to punish...the employees, who had nothing to do with it and have no influence over the actions of the owner of the corporation or what he does with the portion of his income derived from Danelectro? i realize that acts of revenge help to contribute to that warm fuzzy feeling of moral superiority--especially when the electorate rejects your version of morality--but who is actually harmed?

learn how to lose gracefully. or, alternately, learn how to persuade a majority of the electorate to your position instead of acting like brownshirts.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby grindonomicon » Tue May 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Blackened Soul wrote:You haz blog? canz I haz link?

Next to the PM thingy---->

Kinda suck at the interwebz, that's why I need to zazz it up with some projects and more posts. Aen tells me I need to facebook and get some internet peeps. My blog has 16 followers! New record out this week + three more releases might force me too tho. :lol:

maybe i'll be too busy...
grindonomicon

experienced
experienced

Postby Zounds Perspex » Tue May 24, 2011 11:56 pm

haha. dude. it hardly makes someone a brownshirt for not wanting to spend their money to buy products from a corporation that back an ideology they find offensive. it's sort of the only thing that works in America - putting your money where your mouth is. The owner of Danelectro did so, and so will I. Punishment? Revenge? Get real.
Maybe partying will help.
Zounds Perspex

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby McSpunckle » Wed May 25, 2011 12:07 am

dubkitty wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:

learn how to lose gracefully. or, alternately, learn how to persuade a majority of the electorate to your position instead of acting like brownshirts.

I hardly see what wearing a brown shirt has to do with anything! I think I look swell in brown!

Was this a dig at the UPS guy? Dude, it probably wasn't his fault. They handle lots of packages (*snicker*). Sometimes one gets dropped. Just file a claim and talk to the guy that shipped it.
McSpunckle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Blackened Soul » Wed May 25, 2011 12:40 am

dubkitty wrote:acting like brownshirts.

Aren't you going just a little too far there?
Blackened Soul

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Fuzzy Picklez » Wed May 25, 2011 1:18 am

theavondon wrote:
univalve wrote:Image
JM and Bass VI :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

This is to be expected.

That is actually the coolest fucking thing I've ever seen.
Or rather, it would be if it had block inlays.
hbombgraphics wrote:paypal gift awakens a beast from underneath the earth that eats puppies
Fuzzy Picklez

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby univalve » Wed May 25, 2011 7:10 am

Fuzzy Picklez wrote:That is actually the coolest fucking thing I've ever seen.

and it makes sense to me...
other double necks don't.
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Bassus Sanguinis » Wed May 25, 2011 7:13 am

Fuzzy Picklez wrote:
theavondon wrote:
univalve wrote:Image
JM and Bass VI :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

This is to be expected.

That is actually the coolest fucking thing I've ever seen.
Or rather, it would be if it had block inlays.

...and since I'm a bass heavy person, I'd try to fit a jazz neck or something on the place of the bari neck. 4 strings + a bass VI would be SO winner. That'd be JUST THE RIGHT THING TO DO to a 7000€ instrument, and it would give collectors bad dreams for YEARS! :lol: :lol: Isn't that all, like, a commonly shared wet dream?

Oh, and about Danelectro and homophobic hicks? I find it immoral on my behalf to let anybody use their money on Danos without knowing they're making money for an homophobic hick with dick-ish opinions, conservative, right wing, fundamentalist... all things that make living with fellow men by large difficult. And leave it there, thus giving everybody a fair chance for suspended disbelief and for finding out things themselves before purchasing any goods so they don't have to be ashamed afterwards if they feel like me about these things. And :whateva: if they don't? Well, then they too are obviously fucked up cunts in my book but I guess they probably still have every right to be like that. :idk: So no, no brown shirts for not loving a hater.

Our new member loudwizard put it in words neatly:
loudwizard wrote:it hardly makes someone a brownshirt for not wanting to spend their money to buy products from a corporation that back an ideology they find offensive.
:::: Metal up Yöur Jazz! with FUZZIFERblack psychedelic doom ::::
Ugly Nora wrote:It's a sad day when Bassus Sanguinis becomes the voice of reason. :lol:
Bassus Sanguinis

Supporter
Supporter

Postby bigchiefbc » Wed May 25, 2011 10:41 am

dubkitty wrote:
Blackened Soul wrote:

Bullshit. You're not supposed to HAVE to persuade a majority of the people to give equal rights to a minority. That's why we have a fucking constitution. Because majorities can be viciously bigoted.

But none of that has anything to do with this argument. The owner of Dano is a fucking awful human being. So some consumers decide that they don't want give him their money. And they spread this idea to other consumers in the hope that they will do the same. There's nothing thuggish or wrong with that.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Guitar and Bass