Mailing a guitar or taking it on the plane.

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Mailing a guitar or taking it on the plane.

Postby symbolique » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:08 am

aen wrote:
symbolique wrote:The thought of a vintage guitar going into the sub-zero (?) temperatures of a plane's hold is scary. Charm the stewardess' for their locker.

Never goes below 40 on a decent airline. People check their pets on these things!

Had no idea on temp, but Snickers here disagrees on the safety of airplane holds: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/26/heather-lombardi-pet-owne_n_814542.html
great trades with: Lintybits, smallsnd/bigsnd, bennybanana, julius_deane, bass_econo, rustywire, jbf3, Dandolin, goroth, devnulljp, Helter, Justinm1789, Inconuucl, NDominy, Uncle Grandfather
symbolique

Supporter
Supporter

Postby midi_in » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:26 pm

i went to guitar center today to ask for a box to ship my bass. one guy said they didnt have any but another employee said they did. i guess when he went to the back to check they really didnt, but he opened an unopened fender p-bass just to give me the box. and all the packing stuff that came in it. i just thought that was really cool.
midi_in

committed
committed

Postby midi_in » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:47 pm

and one more question.

USPS, FEDEX or UPS?
midi_in

committed
committed

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass