New Melody Maker series

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: New Melody Maker series

Postby ifeellikeatourist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:16 pm

As I've said here before, I find it very interesting that Gibson continues to offer more and more sub-$1000 guitars while it seems the newly introduced fenders are only getting more expensive. These Gibsons don't necessarily interest me much but its cool to see something bearing the Gibson name on the headstock being so affordable.
goroth wrote:Most builders are content on reproducing the same crap. Which is fine. Most guitarists want the same crap.
ifeellikeatourist

experienced
experienced

Postby Toonster » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Only thing I don't like is the placement of the jack, the second time I looked at those pictures..

And Fender just released some sub-1000$ series..
Toonster

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ifeellikeatourist » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 pm

Fender has always offered plenty of inexpensive mij and mim guitars, while Gibson traditionally has had little under $1000. I just think its interesting that Gibson now has several made in usa guitars under $1000 while the new mij fenders are getting closer and closer to the prices of the american standard fenders.

Fenders economic strategy seems to be to offer more Chinese squires, which are actually great guitars, but they don't put the fender name on the headstock even though some of them are the same price that a mim fender was 5 years ago.
goroth wrote:Most builders are content on reproducing the same crap. Which is fine. Most guitarists want the same crap.
ifeellikeatourist

experienced
experienced

Postby Toonster » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Well maybe that has something to do with the dollar, cause over here I don't really see rising prices, or maybe I am blind to see it :lol:
Toonster

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby tuffteef » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:06 pm

u can grab a 60s melody maker for like 800 900 bucks
tuffteef

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby snipelfritz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:33 am

well would you look at that

and that
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA

Behndy wrote:i don't like people with "talent" and "skills" that don't feel the need to cover their inadequacies under good time happy sounds.
snipelfritz

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass