Just bought a Jazzmaster

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Just bought a Jazzmaster

Postby Noise... » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Radiohead625 wrote:a bit off topic, but why did fender have to mess up the best thing about the jazzmaster on the Classic Player... the string length behind the bridge... err :mad: forever will piss me off!

I've played both, and don't see what the fuss is about. A shorter string length behind the bridge lowers the break angle a bit, reduces buzz, and still lets you do behind the bridge type nonsense. The sound difference is going to be unnoticeable to most people. :idk:
Noisemaker Effects

Hand-Made Effects starting at less than $50!

SALE!

Noisemaker Effects
Twitter||Facebook||Shark Tank||ETSY Shop
Noise...

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby bennybanana » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:35 am

Noise... wrote:
Radiohead625 wrote:a bit off topic, but why did fender have to mess up the best thing about the jazzmaster on the Classic Player... the string length behind the bridge... err :mad: forever will piss me off!

Because Fender are Fender, and they havent designed a new guitar since, what, 1982?
buncha stuff...
bennybanana

committed
committed

Postby Toonster » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:52 pm

bennybanana wrote:
Noise... wrote:

Because Fender are Fender, and they havent designed a new guitar since, what, 1982?

Jagstang
Katana
Performer
Toronado
Jagmaster

To name a few, there are also some super-strats, but I didn't include those.. Some of these look a lot like other Fenders of course.. :lol:
Toonster

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby futuresailors » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:34 pm

God I'd do dirty things for one of these with a trem...
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby tuffteef » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Noise... wrote:

I've played both, and don't see what the fuss is about. A shorter string length behind the bridge lowers the break angle a bit, reduces buzz, and still lets you do behind the bridge type nonsense. The sound difference is going to be unnoticeable to most people. :idk:

the trems less smooth
feels like your holding a stiff cock in your hand
tuffteef

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Toonster » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:42 pm

Noise... wrote:

The scalelength behind the bridge is totally different, so the shorter the string behind the bridge, the higher the sound is resonating your string to the pick-up..
Toonster

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby orange buffalo » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:56 pm

orange buffalo

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby futuresailors » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:28 pm

Sure will. You could probably save a couple bucks with an all parts version.
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:04 am

does really ANYONE like Jagstangs?

it's too bad they discontinued Toronado
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gone Fission » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:16 am

DarkAxel wrote:does really ANYONE like Jagstangs?

I've run across them. People are weird and do weird things. Looks like a Mustang that sat on the radiator to me, though -- yech.

If I saw one for ridiculously cheap. though, I'd get it for the Mustang scale and trem since I don't have one of those. Definitely a new pickguard and straight-up Mustang/Duo pickups, though.

Oh, and the Venus is almost as ugly. I'd only hit the XII, and that's just 'cause they did the right thing on the pickups. No reason I would ever mess with the Venus six string unless it magically happened to be the best guitar ever.
D.o.S. wrote:Broadly speaking, if we at ILF are dropping 300 bucks on a pedal it probably sounds like an SNES holocaust.
friendship wrote:death to false bleep-blop
UglyCasanova wrote:brb gonna slap my dick on my stomp boxes
Gone Fission

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maz91379 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:04 am

Gone Fission wrote:
DarkAxel wrote:does really ANYONE like Jagstangs?

I've run across them. People are weird and do weird things. Looks like a Mustang that sat on the radiator to me, though -- yech.

If I saw one for ridiculously cheap. though, I'd get it for the Mustang scale and trem since I don't have one of those. Definitely a new pickguard and straight-up Mustang/Duo pickups, though.

Oh, and the Venus is almost as ugly. I'd only hit the XII, and that's just 'cause they did the right thing on the pickups. No reason I would ever mess with the Venus six string unless it magically happened to be the best guitar ever.

It also magically gives you the ability to summon Courtney Love but you can't control when or where.
IEatCats wrote: That dude needs a beard and a sad demeanor.
maz91379

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Achtane » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:19 am

^yeah, that's a real bonus.

I was afraid to say it, but the Jagstang and Venus look like butt :erm:
I saw a Squier Katana in a dude's flea market store a couple months ago though someone had started refinishing it and apparently gave up. That dude also had a Gibson amp from the 60s and MIA P bass/Strat...REALLY unusual for a flea market around here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Achtane

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maz91379 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Achtane wrote:^yeah, that's a real bonus.

I was afraid to say it, but the Jagstang and Venus look like butt :erm:
I saw a Squier Katana in a dude's flea market store a couple months ago though someone had started refinishing it and apparently gave up. That dude also had a Gibson amp from the 60s and MIA P bass/Strat...REALLY unusual for a flea market around here.

He janked a musician? :idk:
IEatCats wrote: That dude needs a beard and a sad demeanor.
maz91379

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass