Agile Labradoodle

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Agile Labradoodle

Postby dorfmeister » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:56 pm

This strangely named lap steel from Rondo Music has caught my eye. $139.

http://www.rondomusic.com/labradoodlenat.html

dorfmeister

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: Agile Labradoodle

Postby sonidero » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Yeah that's real nice... I've looked at the shops around here and we have alot of older ones but we also have alot of older (and younger but mostly older) dudes that play them so they're top dollar... I like the headstock on that one... Get it...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby dubkitty » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 pm

hmmm. an 8k Strat-style PU as listed in the specs might be hot enough to work. a Strat PU is awful thin for lap steel, though. i'd like to know what the bridge is like, because you're going to want to take off the bridge cover so you can palm mute and the wrong kind of bridge is gonna hurt. it's got proper tuners, which is a plus; a lot of cheap lap steels use solid headstocks and regular guitar tuners, which are a huge pain in the ass.
In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

FIFTY YEARS OF SCARING THE CHILDREN 1970-2020--and i'm not done yet

DUBZ ÄLTER LOOPZ (2012-14): https://soundcloud.com/dubkitteh-1/sets/early-works-2012-14

DUBZ LOOPZ 2: Electronic Renaissance coming soon to a Soundcloud near you!
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Never-Never Land and Wonderland, in a place called Never Wonder Land

Postby dorfmeister » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:08 am

There is an even cheaper SX version (115.95) that appears identical to the Labradoodle and comes with a hard shell case.

http://www.rondomusic.com/LG1na.html

I am guessing maybe Chinese made for the SX as opposed to Korean made in the case of the Labradoodle.
dorfmeister

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby masked elwood » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 pm

dubkitty wrote:hmmm. an 8k Strat-style PU as listed in the specs might be hot enough to work. a Strat PU is awful thin for lap steel, though. i'd like to know what the bridge is like, because you're going to want to take off the bridge cover so you can palm mute and the wrong kind of bridge is gonna hurt. it's got proper tuners, which is a plus; a lot of cheap lap steels use solid headstocks and regular guitar tuners, which are a huge pain in the ass.

i agree. you'd think with a pickup change it'll be a good start.
i'd like to buy one just to put a p90 at the bridge and another at the nut...wire with a blend instead of pickup selector....could be fun...for that matter why not a pickup under the 12 position as well. :idk:
masked elwood

Supporter
Supporter

Return to Guitar and Bass