“Other” guitars ...

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: “Other” guitars ...

Postby dubkitty » Thu May 16, 2019 7:42 am

or you could accessorize it with a multi-colored satin cape like the cat in Acid Mothers Temple.
"i'd love to stay here and be normal
but it's just so overrated"--Damon Albarn, 1994

"the future never happened. it never happened"--Michael Stipe, 1994

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

"this country is going so far to the right that you won't recognize it"--John Mitchell, 1969

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Postby JereFuzz » Thu May 16, 2019 12:18 pm

dubkitty wrote:
JereFuzz wrote:Image

Here's my (Romanian-made) Irish Bouzouki. Very nice and shockingly inexpensive. Haven't tried the EQ yet ...

i've been looking at Portuguese-style mandolins--the ones with the same kind of teardrop shape and flat top/back--and should have realized that the Romanians that make the hella-cheap ones would make bouzoukis too. that would be perfect to take on my road trip. hmmmmmm....can you play shoegaze on it?

I don’t see why not but its pickup is a piezo so you may be limited with distortions. Everything else should sound fine. It’s a Hora btw. And I like the deeper/bassist sound of the IB vs mandolin or octave mandolin.
“We learn from history that we do not learn from history.”
― Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
JereFuzz

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby dubkitty » Thu May 16, 2019 1:34 pm

i was sort of joking about the shoegaze thing, though i suppose that with the right tuning it'd work. the longer string length makes it thwaaaaaaaaaaaaang more than a mandolin.
"i'd love to stay here and be normal
but it's just so overrated"--Damon Albarn, 1994

"the future never happened. it never happened"--Michael Stipe, 1994

"the policeman isn't there to create disorder, the policeman is there to preserve disorder"--Richard J. Daley, 1968

"this country is going so far to the right that you won't recognize it"--John Mitchell, 1969

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

SCARING THE CHILDREN SINCE 1970
dubkitty

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: somewhere between Jerry Garcia and Neil Halstead...OK, Charlottesville if you must

Previous

Return to Guitar and Bass