· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
unusual effects from London <raingerfx.com> <FB> <Tw> <IG>
Post a reply

Drone Rainger updates

Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:53 pm

It was a load of fun, showing the Drone Rainger off at NAMM in January! It was very well received - and really seemed like something quite different to everything else around at the moment. While I was there using it noticed a few things to adjust when I got back, and we've been working hard on that.... And making good progress!

The white noise burst has been replaced with a different momentary effect; its volume was hard to control - being decided by the delay level knob - and was very often too loud compared to everything else going on.

So instead there's a 'pitch up' effect, which raises the pitch of one of the drones to a much higher note, and with a deeply cool glide back down when the switch is released. It makes more notes available - foot-controlled - and increases the playablilty of the pedal as a sound generator/instrument in itself (up to 5 notes possible - with careful switching - for any note set by the knobs).
Now 2-note harmonies - eg major and minor 'chords' - are very easy!! Also dub-like bloops.

It feels far more related to the other momentary effect - the one-tone-down pitch drop.

At the moment, we're hoping to be shipping these around mid April.
We really want to make sure the Drone Rainger lives up to - and exceeds - its promise, and I'm really confident that we're doing that.
Thanks so much for hanging on!

Re: Drone Rainger updates

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:28 pm

D-Rainger wrote:It was a load of fun, showing the Drone Rainger off at NAMM in January! It was very well received - and really seemed like something quite different to everything else around at the moment. While I was there using it noticed a few things to adjust when I got back, and we've been working hard on that.... And making good progress!

The white noise burst has been replaced with a different momentary effect; its volume was hard to control - being decided by the delay level knob - and was very often too loud compared to everything else going on.

So instead there's a 'pitch up' effect, which raises the pitch of one of the drones to a much higher note, and with a deeply cool glide back down when the switch is released. It makes more notes available - foot-controlled - and increases the playablilty of the pedal as a sound generator/instrument in itself (up to 5 notes possible - with careful switching - for any note set by the knobs).
Now 2-note harmonies - eg major and minor 'chords' - are very easy!! Also dub-like bloops.

It feels far more related to the other momentary effect - the one-tone-down pitch drop.

At the moment, we're hoping to be shipping these around mid April.
We really want to make sure the Drone Rainger lives up to - and exceeds - its promise, and I'm really confident that we're doing that.
Thanks so much for hanging on!

Nice! Looking forward it it and great hanging at the show (and at your office in London!).

Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:33 pm

It will definitely will be my next pedal purchase. Been missing droning out, and these oscillators sound great. Paired with all the functionality and the unique design, it's a winner. :thumb:

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Looking forward to seeing the update :)

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:02 am

Thanks to all of you! This pedal is a little bit 'niche', so I was concerned about how it'd go down - but I'm so delighted!!! :group: :hug:

Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:09 am

Just waiting for the last prototype PCBs to arrive - early next week.
All the changes we've done are completely great - every one of them, but I wanted to check them all out in one version before going ahead with full manufacture. Hopefully by the end of next week that will all be underway, and the production PCBs will be around within three weeks after that.... And then we will be making full-time, as hard as we can!!! :joy: :omg: :!!!:

BTW individual orders via website will be going out first before anyone else.

Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:38 pm

Just ordered one. Psyched!

Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:41 pm

I need some more clips of this thing. I've watched the ones I could find on YouTube too many times. Middle og May can't come soon enough!

Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:09 pm

I hear you UC! I'm gonna try and sort some this week - when we get the final PCB (hopefully) before full production.... There is NO-ONE more impatient about this than me!! I really want to try the two 'interfere' variations (drone pitch). I've had the enclosure sitting next to me all the time, driving me crazy....

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:47 am

Yes! Can't wait!!

Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:43 am

would cv in from sequencer to step the drone note of pitch 1 be possible mod?

Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:45 am

would cv in mod make it possible to use a sequencer to step the drone note of pitch 1?
Post a reply