Custom modded Compactotron?

Moderator: D-Rainger

Custom modded Compactotron?

Postby OilcanRacer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:19 pm

could you make a Compactotron with 2 expression pedal outs, one for freq., one for rate?

would be kool if the exp pedal could start where you set the knob and go up from there.

and i use this exp. pedal.....

http://amtelectronics.com/products/rout ... ion-pedal/

oh yeah its for bass.....yeah i know i ask for too much, but i like your pedals.

thx david
OilcanRacer

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Custom modded Compactotron?

Postby D-Rainger » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:13 pm

I'm constantly about to re-do the Compactotron - people seem to be into it - so I'm very interested in your comments, Oilcan. So you'd like to 'open up' the filter with the expression pedal? And to also be able to control the rate of the modulation? That could be really good...
So often with this stuff, it's a question of having room for the extra sockets - or a socket and an extra switch.... But could be done somehow...
That expression pedal looks good - does it weigh a lot? Is it russian?

I think I'd only be into the idea of doing it as a future version - not a one-off thing.

Pleased you like the pedals!
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Re: Custom modded Compactotron?

Postby OilcanRacer » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:40 pm

the exp. is small and rugged. it is Russian and well made. a bit pricey though. quality is hard to come by. very easy to use and doesn't take up a lot of room. also it has two input's using a TRS or one with a regular 1/4" and one out. this lets you control two pedals or expressions at once. but i will be using two different exp. pedals for this sound. maybe you can use the TRS(on the exp. output) trick to save room?

my idea using the compactotron is to make a wobble dubdstep kind of sound on my bass. controlling the freq. and speed(but separately) is key to making this sound in beat with the band.

the other idea is to make huge slow bass swells drowned in reverb with just a hint of fuzz.

your igor and heel switch's are great but no way to go half way and take your foot off and leave the effect at that parameter. other than that i love those two!!!!!

i applaud your genius, skill and attitude. your the kind of effects builder that makes our dreams(no matter how twisted) come true....
OilcanRacer

uncommitted
uncommitted

Return to Rainger FX