Thanks!

(Song's got a chorus!)
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Re: did this

Postby goroth » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:10 am

That was a rad tune!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:34 pm

sylnau wrote:We need some clips!!! :!!!:

:hello:

Tristan wrote:The Dwarf is really good, it's got a pretty unique voice to it, synthy but it can do both gated and more sustainy vocal sounds, combined with the ability to use an expression pedal (which I didn't know of) makes it quite powerful. :thumb:

Is the Dwarf (when non gated) similar to a Muff or more like a distortion?

I'd say neither! It's its own thing really, can't think of another fuzz I've tried that sounds similar. Definitely quite tight in a distortion sort of way with the gate but it does odd stuff to dynamics and emphasises funny frequencies. Kind of synthy in that it can make you stop sounding like a guitar that much.

I only tried one briefly, but it made me want my own, or maybe a big daddy freakenstein. Big big distortion/fuzz sound.
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby alexsga » Mon May 11, 2015 6:12 pm

bump

When is this being released, David? :hello:
alexsga

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon May 11, 2015 10:19 pm

D-Rainger wrote:So, in that spirit, I was thinking about a bass Dwarf - using the same chip, able to do 'record stop' pitch changes with the Igor, or drop down to pre-determined bassy pitch.

I definitely want a pedal that does exactly that. I just got a Improbability Drive and one of my favorite settings does something like that. Fuzzhugger Phantom Octave and Dwarfcraft Great Destroyer also had settings that could do that but they're all really hard to dial in precisely and repeatably. That's part of the fun but if you could make that sound reliable, I'd love it.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Tue May 12, 2015 7:06 am

OAM - how do you have the improbability drive to do that? I'm guessing it's pretty dependent on pickup impedance, but anyways, would like to try and find that sound in my imp drive.

</derail>
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby D-Rainger » Tue May 12, 2015 7:18 pm

oldangelmidnight wrote:
D-Rainger wrote:So, in that spirit, I was thinking about a bass Dwarf - using the same chip, able to do 'record stop' pitch changes with the Igor, or drop down to pre-determined bassy pitch.

I definitely want a pedal that does exactly that. I just got a Improbability Drive and one of my favorite settings does something like that. Fuzzhugger Phantom Octave and Dwarfcraft Great Destroyer also had settings that could do that but they're all really hard to dial in precisely and repeatably. That's part of the fun but if you could make that sound reliable, I'd love it.

I'm onto it, Midnight! I can do a version of it now if I hold down Igor on the Dwarf, twang a note then sweep the knob.... Sounds great but you need lots of hands/feet. You can precisely tune the low note (which it'll always drop down to - when 'hard pressed'). Then you can 'play' the low note when you twang... Low note sounds nice and squarewave/synthy....
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to Rainger FX