Distortion for keyboard players

Moderator: D-Rainger

Distortion for keyboard players

Postby D-Rainger » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:16 pm

A new kind of pedal for people in the studio, surrounded by synthesisers and mixers...
CIMG3999.JPG

It's an El Distorto circuit with a switch for different diodes - new old-stock germanium, or current day silicon.
Plus it's got a soft power-up/power-down action, so it can live plugged-in (sockets at the top) but won't make a massive 'bomp' on your speakers when you turn it on.
The on/off switch goes from true bypass and power disconnected to power on, circuit on (so it can be left plugged in and switched off with no battery drain)
Nice 'synthy' volume knob.
CIMG4019.JPG

CIMG4011.JPG

Cool purple LED from Smallbear, wild pink one from mutr.
Made it for my friend EDMX - hence 'EDFX'
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Re: Distortion for keyboard players

Postby jrmy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:48 am

Neat! I like the slider and big ol' knob.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
https://thewirechimes.bandcamp.com/releases
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby bigchiefbc » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:12 pm

Have you ever thought about putting either the distorto or the freakenstein in a modular-type module? That could be pretty badass.
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby D-Rainger » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:31 am

You mean like a synth module - with a front plate, that slides into a modular synth??
I was wondering about that for my new white noise/distortion/filter-y thing, but maybe it'd be good for all sorts of pedals. Give them synth players a bit of attitude at last...
D-Rainger

experienced
experienced

Postby bigchiefbc » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:26 pm

D-Rainger wrote:You mean like a synth module - with a front plate, that slides into a modular synth??
I was wondering about that for my new white noise/distortion/filter-y thing, but maybe it'd be good for all sorts of pedals. Give them synth players a bit of attitude at last...

Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I've been pondering starting to put together a modular system, and if I do, I'm going to need to find an awesome fuzz module
Buy my gear! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=58763

Achtane wrote:I can hit it with a Blowing Up and it'll just sound awesome instead of like capacitors farting into each others' dicks.

Achtane wrote:
last.fm wrote:Zs makes music that is variously categorized as no-wave, post-jazz, brutal-chamber, brutal-prog, and post minimalist.

srsly?

Fuck you.
bigchiefbc

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:48 pm

what modular format are you thinking of sinking your teeth into? i know there are a bunch of eurorack fuzz modules out there.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby skullservant » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:55 pm

THIS LOOKS NEATO
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Rainger FX