Pretty Years settings/notes/hax

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Pretty Years settings/notes/hax

Postby rustywire » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:36 pm

This instant classic iceberg pedal needs its own thread for settings, notes etc. It could reach 1000 pages :snax:
Straight out of the box, mine displayed the heavy ringing when switched-on.
In addition to Brian's recommendations, it seems playing with the Bias knob is most effective to minimize this phenomena's intensity and likelihood to occur; playing with [it] and the Frequency knob whenever flipping a toggle triggers [ringing]. Sometimes a few sweeps is all it takes.

Try manual-recommended setting #4 Deep intermodulation stacked behind your favorite fuzz & behold its brilliance :eek:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Pretty Years settings/notes/hax

Postby Jwar » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:55 pm

I only have tried it as a standalone because it's large and I haven't figured out how I want to incorporate it on my board yet. But I'll share picture settings as I come up with them. It's an insanely cool pedal.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby rustywire » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Used this with guitar, last pedal in the signal chain before amp.
Best way I can describe it is Know-It-All. 1ups whatever is in front and does it better.

In my setup the pictured Volume knob setting is a few dB above unity. Put your fav nasty pedals in front of it and enjoy :animal:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:04 pm

Two settings I found. One kind of crunchy, the other throbby as shit. I can't remember which is which! LOL!!!

"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby aedes » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:24 pm

Hmmm. Jwar this look right for your pix? I haven't had a chance to plug mine in yet :cry:

jwar 1 throb/crunch?

jwar 2 throb/crunch?

aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:52 am

You know what, let me just draw it out. LOL!! I forgot there's a little settings thing in the manual you can draw on. That way I'm a hundered percent.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby aedes » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:13 am

jwar wrote:You know what, let me just draw it out. LOL!! I forgot there's a little settings thing in the manual you can draw on. That way I'm a hundered percent.

:lol: yeah i wanted to print out a bunch of the settings people found, so i was chopping some of these together with the pdf.
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:42 pm

I ought to make a copy and print a shit ton of them! That's a good ass idea! Bet you could easily fill a book with them. lol

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:40 am

Some notch settings for ya'll!

Raspy and very tube-y OD that's sensitive to picking dynamics and/or volume roll off

Thunder on low notes, yet clear high notes. You might need to adjust the resonance knob and bass knob to get the desired effect, but the frequency is perfect to replicate thunder on a low E. It's amazing! Drone the low strings and play around in the thunderstorm on the high strings. Love this one! :!!!:

UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:47 am

Here's a nice bitcrushy setting I found last night - I'm doing this from memory but I'm like 95% sure this is correct. Sounds pretty choked at times, but can get huge sounding. The gain knobs are your friends here.
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby NewarkWilder » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:12 pm

Uhh, hey ILF, long time. Logged back in after a several year absence to participate in this thread. I need to start keeping my phone out to take pics every time I hit a magic setting on this bad motherfucker, there are so many awesome tones but I keep getting one and then not being able to find it again, lol.

Who's got a really spongey rhythm distortion setting for p-90s? I had the most perfect one and lost it. I'll try hunting it down again tonight.

I have a few settings I do have down that I'll post when I can. This thing is fucking magical. :!!!:
NewarkWilder

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ev_O))) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:04 pm

Whats up people share ya shit
I make noise, droney music: http://blasariusyonder.com
Joel Korte wrote:It's always your fucking fault
Ev_O)))

experienced
experienced

Postby goroth » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:23 am

NewarkWilder wrote:Uhh, hey ILF, long time. Logged back in after a several year absence to participate in this thread. I need to start keeping my phone out to take pics every time I hit a magic setting on this bad motherfucker, there are so many awesome tones but I keep getting one and then not being able to find it again, lol.

Who's got a really spongey rhythm distortion setting for p-90s? I had the most perfect one and lost it. I'll try hunting it down again tonight.

I have a few settings I do have down that I'll post when I can. This thing is fucking magical. :!!!:

Holy shit!

This was an unexpected sight in this thread!

Anyone got a PDF of the manual?
Gotta upload some settings.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Ev_O))) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:58 am

goroth wrote:Anyone got a PDF of the manual?
Gotta upload some settings.

I just screenshotted one off here then erased the previous setting in good ol' MS Paint haha
I make noise, droney music: http://blasariusyonder.com
Joel Korte wrote:It's always your fucking fault
Ev_O)))

experienced
experienced

Postby Eivind August » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:44 am

So, I think I've understood the basic functionality of this here pedalbox now, and fucked around with various settings. Loads of QotSA-ish toanz, which is not really my thing, but found some sweet spots as well. This one in particular is really cool:

Warbly, weird, octave-ish, broken sounds. And if you flip the second filter switcharoo as well, it turns into a droney ring mod. Pretty sweet! I'm usually not a fan of filters on guitars, but this one yields some cool sounds. And it's really nice with the Volca FM (which also matches the colour palette).
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Next

Return to smallsound/bigsound