Pretty Years

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: Pretty Years

Postby Tristan » Mon May 23, 2016 1:05 pm

Apparently I also jumped on it! :joy: :omg: :!!!:

This is going to be my first tube pedal, didn't even know subminiature valves were a thing.
I now see that Effectrode is using them as well for some pedals, it seems it's possible to run them at full plate voltages:
http://www.effectrode.com/signal-tubes/ ... ure-tubes/

Where's uni?
Please reserve one for him too Brian, I'm pretty sure he'll want one but he isn't around that much anymore.
Anyway, I'll send you a message to work out the deets. :thumb:
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby rustywire » Mon May 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Yo B, pls hold 1 spot open if possible. I'll be able to send depo$it by the week's end. :hug:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Mon May 23, 2016 1:13 pm

Could the pedal run at 18v? Makes it compatible with a lot more stuff.

Pre-ordered, the No Memory is my favorite delay and this sounds like one of my pedal dreams.
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby peaches » Mon May 23, 2016 1:30 pm

Preordered. I had to, it's pretty and pink.

I also must confess I hadn't really listened to your band before, but holy crap is that a great song. Looking forwards to the LP as well as the pedal now.
peaches

committed
committed

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon May 23, 2016 1:37 pm

Tristan wrote:Apparently I also jumped on it! :joy: :omg: :!!!:

This is going to be my first tube pedal, didn't even know subminiature valves were a thing.
I now see that Effectrode is using them as well for some pedals, it seems it's possible to run them at full plate voltages:

Where's uni?
Please reserve one for him too Brian, I'm pretty sure he'll want one but he isn't around that much anymore.

uni was on it already! :hug:
yeah effectrode is running them at full voltage for sure and doing more sophisticated things than i'm doing. different strokes and all - their stuff has always seemed interesting to me but admittedly i've never had the chance to mess with any.

Inconuucl wrote:Could the pedal run at 18v? Makes it compatible with a lot more stuff.

Pre-ordered, the No Memory is my favorite delay and this sounds like one of my pedal dreams.

i'll try some stuff and see how it goes.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Mon May 23, 2016 1:51 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
neonblack wrote:Oh well shit! I might actually be able to swing that if they're not all gone by 6/1

maybe i can hold one for you if that's the case. they're already more than half gone. :eek:

If you can that would be amazing. I absolutely 100% will have the preorder money by then.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon May 23, 2016 2:05 pm

neonblack wrote:
smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
neonblack wrote:Oh well shit! I might actually be able to swing that if they're not all gone by 6/1

maybe i can hold one for you if that's the case. they're already more than half gone. :eek:

If you can that would be amazing. I absolutely 100% will have the preorder money by then.

all good. this thing's going to sell out in like 10 minutes anyways... :animal:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Mon May 23, 2016 2:08 pm

:cool:

I told my wife the other day, when you posted that sketch on Instagram, "Anytime Brian puts out a new pedal I know that I want it without seeing or hearing it."

And then this happens. I'm apparently not the only person who feels this way.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Mon May 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Whaha, I'm going to crap my pants yet again when next thing he does is post a video of the pedal with the sound of a mouse pooping, that shit would be funny. :lol:
Pretty sure it's not going to happen though. :thumb:
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Tristan » Mon May 23, 2016 2:17 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
Tristan wrote:Apparently I also jumped on it! :joy: :omg: :!!!:

Where's uni?

uni was on it already! :hug:
yeah effectrode is running them at full voltage for sure and doing more sophisticated things than i'm doing. different strokes and all - their stuff has always seemed interesting to me but admittedly i've never had the chance to mess with any.

Awesome, go uni!

All good, only found out about subminiature valves when you posted this and I stumbled on it in the search, thought I'd share, that's all. ;)
Played some of those Effectrode pedals (at uni's place :lol:), they do sound great.

So stoked on this! :joy: :omg: :!!!:
Last edited by Tristan on Mon May 23, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Chankgeez » Mon May 23, 2016 2:17 pm

That t-shirt looks great & I can't wait to hear clips of the pedal. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby MrNovember » Mon May 23, 2016 2:24 pm

Pre-ordered and so stoked! New single sounds amazing
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby neonblack » Mon May 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Dude I'm listening to the song again and this is amazing. The song has this awesome spooky dance club feel but that chorus is SO CEG. And then back to channeling the ghost of Bowie. And I'm a sucker for sax. And I love everything Congleton has touched since the Paper Chase days.

Stoked on this song and the new album and the new pedal and the inevitable tour/world domination.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon May 23, 2016 2:36 pm

neonblack wrote:Dude I'm listening to the song again and this is amazing. The song has this awesome spooky dance club feel but that chorus is SO CEG. And then back to channeling the ghost of Bowie. And I'm a sucker for sax. And I love everything Congleton has touched since the Paper Chase days.

Stoked on this song and the new album and the new pedal and the inevitable tour/world domination.

I was playing the song earlier and my girlfriend asked if it was Bowie. Seriously good stuff. The sax is perfect
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby DRodriguez » Mon May 23, 2016 2:36 pm

Well then, glad I just got a check today.

Excited to try this and hear the album! The culture vulture is amazing. Only been able to try a real one once.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound