Pretty Years



Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: Pretty Years

Postby worra » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Love mine but it has some serious hum on most settings, and I’ve tried three different power supply options.
https://www.instagram.com/dddamons/

YouTube demos and such

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 pm
Location: Outer Space, CA

Re: Pretty Years

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:08 am

huh weird. i tested on a bunch of supplies and never really seemed to have any abnormal hum. there's the usual noise/hum associated with amplifying the signal but nothing seemed out of the ordinary... that sucks if it's bugging anyone. it does seem to be better overall when run on an isolated supply but besides that idk. :idk:
smallsnd/bigsnd

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Re: Pretty Years

Postby DRodriguez » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:39 am

Mine has no hum, and I'm usually pretty complainy about that kind of stuff.

Mine certainly rings whenever I touch it though.

Excited to see how the new version would compare!
DRodriguez

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2900
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:40 pm
Location: Brooklyn

Re: Pretty Years

Postby rustywire » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:46 am

worra wrote:Love mine but it has some serious hum on most settings, and I’ve tried three different power supply options.

Is this with other pedals in the chain or also when there's only instrument > PY > amp connected?
I had another pedal causing hum in the PY at one point but icr which one it was, and where in the chain...
DRodriguez wrote:Mine has no hum, and I'm usually pretty complainy about that kind of stuff.

Mine certainly rings whenever I touch it though.

Excited to see how the new version would compare!

Same :snax:
[B/S/Ts] :whoa: Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Happiness ... >pour a sip of something for twang & psyvam
Mudfuzz wrote:
Iommic Pope wrote:But what're the best amps for doom?

More :thumb:
Image
rustywire

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4237
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:54 am
Location: The Pit (Dark World)

Re: Pretty Years

Postby jwar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:46 pm

Brian are you still making a Euro version of this? I want to get one for my Folktek when that comes in. I think in a rack version it'd be super useful. If not, I'll hunt I guess. :)
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.

"Also this thread is now on page 2399, and the pt2399 is the most used delay chip for most dirty delays. Coincidence? therefore 9/11".

-multi_s
jwar

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 14696
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Inside your mother

Re: Pretty Years

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

I don't have a pedalboard. If I did, it'd be worth approximately 666 Metal Zones.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 29761
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Pretty Years

Postby jwar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:56 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Just buy vid's, it doesn't hum: https://reverb.com/item/6224744-ss-bs-pretty-years-eu


I sold him one of mine! LOL!!! It was way less than that, but I just made him two offers with special messages. :P
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.

"Also this thread is now on page 2399, and the pt2399 is the most used delay chip for most dirty delays. Coincidence? therefore 9/11".

-multi_s
jwar

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 14696
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Inside your mother

Re: Pretty Years

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:01 pm

jwar wrote: special messages. :P


:surprise:
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

I don't have a pedalboard. If I did, it'd be worth approximately 666 Metal Zones.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 29761
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Pretty Years

Postby jwar » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:02 pm

I also offered the other seller who is selling one 3 dollars just to piss him off. :) I love doing that shit.
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.

"Also this thread is now on page 2399, and the pt2399 is the most used delay chip for most dirty delays. Coincidence? therefore 9/11".

-multi_s
jwar

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 14696
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Inside your mother

Re: Pretty Years

Postby codetocontra » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:03 pm

Vidret auto declined my $22 offer. :cry: Jokes on me then. And my hook hands.
I make noise.
Code To Contra
codetocontra

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:52 am
Location: O m a h a

Re: Pretty Years

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:29 pm

How didn't that get all scratched up with all the hook hands and shit? :idk:
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

I don't have a pedalboard. If I did, it'd be worth approximately 666 Metal Zones.
Chankgeez

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 29761
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

Re: Pretty Years

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:26 pm

jwar wrote:Brian are you still making a Euro version of this? I want to get one for my Folktek when that comes in. I think in a rack version it'd be super useful. If not, I'll hunt I guess. :)


it's part of the plan :thumb:
smallsnd/bigsnd

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3882
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Re: Pretty Years

Postby Timv » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:34 am

Mine had developed a pretty bad ringing all the time.
I ended up replacing all the tubes and strapped them down and isolated a bit differently and it seemed to help a little.
I noticed all the ringing stops if I engaged the 3rd feedback switch which probably has to do with that last tube stage where the most gain would be.
Still loving the pedal though.
Timv

interested
interested
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 7:05 am
Location: Chandler, AZ

Re: Pretty Years

Postby worra » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:41 am

rustywire wrote:
worra wrote:Love mine but it has some serious hum on most settings, and I’ve tried three different power supply options.

Is this with other pedals in the chain or also when there's only instrument > PY > amp connected?
I had another pedal causing hum in the PY at one point but icr which one it was, and where in the chain...
DRodriguez wrote:Mine has no hum, and I'm usually pretty complainy about that kind of stuff.

Mine certainly rings whenever I touch it though.

Excited to see how the new version would compare!

Same :snax:



Both :/
https://www.instagram.com/dddamons/

YouTube demos and such

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 656
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:22 pm
Location: Outer Space, CA

Re: Pretty Years

Postby jwar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:37 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
jwar wrote:Brian are you still making a Euro version of this? I want to get one for my Folktek when that comes in. I think in a rack version it'd be super useful. If not, I'll hunt I guess. :)


it's part of the plan :thumb:


Am I part of the plan? Your plan that is. ;)
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.

"Also this thread is now on page 2399, and the pt2399 is the most used delay chip for most dirty delays. Coincidence? therefore 9/11".

-multi_s
jwar

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 14696
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:18 pm
Location: Inside your mother

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.