Pretty Years

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: Pretty Years

Postby MrNovember » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:42 pm

Oh hell yeah, I have no money, but I would still 100% buy a euro version and worry about the debt later
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Jwar » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:02 pm

I actually have a little money, just not much! hahaha
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby goroth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am

yeatsvisitslincoln wrote::love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

As soon as you say the word, you will have my money!

If I say a word can I have your money?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:49 pm

If you do do a euro version please allow the use of gates to toggle the feedback switches. (Either off -> on or vice versa)
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Strange Tales wrote:If you do do a euro version please allow the use of gates to toggle the feedback switches. (Either off -> on or vice versa)

huh. interesting idea. :idea:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:17 pm

Yea I don't know exactly how the filter matrix is done (I'm a solder monkey I can't read schematics for shit!), but I think that could have some interesting applications in euro.

Also, other ideas:
CV control over everything, duh.
Allow morphing style filters instead of a switch. So a LP->HP or LP->BP, etc. The Random*Source Haible Dual WASP does this and it's really something. I, yet again, don't know shit about applying this though.

Maybe other things. This is just off the top of my head.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Yeah CV over cutoff, resonance, and the gains would be great. But CV over filter type, bias, volume, and FM would put it over the top. Especially if it could be a continuous CV over filter type instead of a switch.

I don't think CV over Bass and treble would really be needed, but then again, we clearly just want all the CV
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby worra » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:25 pm

Strange Tales wrote:Yea I don't know exactly how the filter matrix is done (I'm a solder monkey I can't read schematics for shit!), but I think that could have some interesting applications in euro.

Also, other ideas:
CV control over everything, duh.
Allow morphing style filters instead of a switch. So a LP->HP or LP->BP, etc. The Random*Source Haible Dual WASP does this and it's really something. I, yet again, don't know shit about applying this though.

Maybe other things. This is just off the top of my head.

If I can't get EVERYTHING I'd want CV control of stuff in this list for sure:

filter freq
resonance
FM (gate to engage/disengage would be cool)
filter stage
filter type (strangetales's idea is awesome)
https://foldednote.bandcamp.com
https://sunbeamer.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/_sunbeamer/

DRodriguez wrote:home is where the noise is

aen wrote:I'm pretty much kicked out of hipster beverage town.
worra

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby codetocontra » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Please don't make a euro module. I am already too modular-curious.
codetocontra

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:54 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
Strange Tales wrote:If you do do a euro version please allow the use of gates to toggle the feedback switches. (Either off -> on or vice versa)

huh. interesting idea. :idea:

Funny, I was just thinking about this, too. Mostly for the Feedback matrix. I don't think gate or trigger control over the Low cut, gain, triode/pentode is necessary. I kind of think of those as building blocks of the sound and tend to leave them set in the same spot. Gain trigger wouldn't be necessary if the gain knobs have CV control anyways. Also not sure a tone stack needs CV? You have so much control over your sound already, you might not even need it?? Frequency modulation is kind of it's own game, too, because now you'll have a whole synth that can modulate for you. But I do like how it sounds when I engage the switch...

Anyways, in reality, it's your baby. I already love it as part of my synth, so putting it into the synth itself will only make it that much better.
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:44 pm

damn i love yall. lots of good ideas here. ideally i'll remove some controls/add some, etc. especially since i really dislike the idea of porting over pedals to modular format in a 1:1 way since there are such vast differences between the two. morphing filter would be really cool - i'll have to check out some morphing/scanning schematic and such... might be way too complex because analog though.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:50 pm

The Haible Dual WASP is all analog. If you want to take a look at it holler at me and I'll bring mine over with some stuff.

You'll be able to get the Haible schematics here:
http://jhaible.com/legacy/tonline_stuff/hj_wasp.html

But I think R*S changed a few thing so I'd ask them to see if you can see their schem's as well.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:15 pm

Strange Tales wrote:The Haible Dual WASP is all analog. If you want to take a look at it holler at me and I'll bring mine over with some stuff.

You'll be able to get the Haible schematics here:
http://jhaible.com/legacy/tonline_stuff/hj_wasp.html

But I think R*S changed a few thing so I'd ask them to see if you can see their schem's as well.

yeah the jhaible site doesn't have the filter blend that's included on the dual filter but however i was looking at his filter scanner. would have to breadboard it up to see what's what though of course.

*edit* looking at the dual wasp again, they have a toggle to switch between LP - HP and LP - BP. i assume this is much simpler and could be done with a single potentiometer to mix between the two modes. the full morph is almost certainly more complicated.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:52 am

vidret wrote:How about just having several always on inputs for the different filters?
I’m a buyer if this is a thing, btw.

Oooh outputs for each filter type, plus a mix output to blend filter types? That would be nice! :animal:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:19 pm

MrNovember wrote:
vidret wrote:How about just having several always on inputs for the different filters?
I’m a buyer if this is a thing, btw.

Oooh outputs for each filter type, plus a mix output to blend filter types? That would be nice! :animal:

multiple outs for the filter get a little weird on this design since it's tied to the dirt so closely. i love that idea but there are other filters that have that already and i'd rather try to focus on the things that i think make this unique and interesting. the morph/blend is something i'm looking into though. i think that would be really cool.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound