· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
where pizza is king and pedals are princesses <smallsoundbigsound.com> <FB> <IG>
Post a reply

Making the buzzz cut through better

Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:24 am

I was just wondering if there was a way to make the buzzz cut through the mix better. Right now I'm running it with flat eq and low gain and it doesn't seem to cut really well. I love how it sounds I guess I just wish it had more mids or something. Any advice would really be appreciated.

Re: Making the buzzz cut through better

Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:36 am

I had the same problem. My solution was to run a lighter OD into it with a little more mids or treble. Seemed to help with me.

Brian mentioned a mid boost mod could be done to it as well. Something to consider...

Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:18 am

neonblack wrote:I had the same problem. My solution was to run a lighter OD into it with a little more mids or treble. Seemed to help with me.

Brian mentioned a mid boost mod could be done to it as well. Something to consider...

Oh I'll need to find out about that mod cause that might be perfect.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:45 am

The buzzz is pretty smooth for a superfuzz. I didn't exactly have problems with cutting but it would be nice to an extended EQ mod or something. I'd definitely suggest pairing with some kind of graphic or parametric EQ pedal for what you're describing. Kinda boring thing to buy but they can usually solve almost any kind of problem like this with your current gear so it's a worthwhile investment IMO.

If brian did a deluxe buzzz with like a 3 band EQ with Hyper Fuzz gain levels that would be totally sick.

Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:19 pm

Buzzz with a Boneshaker EQ section :love:

Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:05 am

yeah so the overall timbre can be a touch smoother than a traditional superfuzz. there are some high frequency oscillations that can occur when things are maxed out so i decided to combat that with a tiny bit of filtering - very little but it is noticeable. if you want more high end, i can explain a quick mod for you if you'd like. more mids are another story unfortunately...

i thought about doing a 3-band EQ but then there would have been even more controls! i tried to reign it in as much as i could. custom build maybe?

Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:42 pm

vidret wrote: waste time

I wouldn't call it a waste of time to make my ultimate fuzz. Emailing is about to happen.

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:44 pm

vidret wrote:back in that cave with you, finish that no memory!

Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:20 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote: I'd definitely suggest pairing with some kind of graphic or parametric EQ pedal for what you're describing. Kinda boring thing to buy but they can usually solve almost any kind of problem like this with your current gear so it's a worthwhile investment IMO.

This. EQs are boring and get no love but they are the original audio effect for good reason; they work. Wonders.
I would play with cutting somewhere in the 100-250hz for step 1 and then boost somewhere between 500-700hz for step 2, if necessary.
EQ in the chain somewhere after fuzz.

Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:30 am

I never really had much of an issue with the Buzzz cutting through
But when I stack it with a Speaker Cranker it certainly adds some meat to it

Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:32 am

I run a tubescreamer before it, certainly helps give it that cut, and some clarity without sacrificing the sound.

Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:57 am

Hey guys what eq or boost are ya'll using to help with this? Or just in general?

Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:21 am

Buzzz into the Mountain Range side of Fuck Mountain is perfect. Buzzz Mountain needs to be a thing.

Mon May 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Jeebus, this pedal moves serious air. Shitton of bass. Love it. Curious about the next band practice but that Will Be in 4 weeks...
Brian, thanks again. Great stuff as always!

Mon May 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Yep, exactly what I meant, enjoy! :thumb:
Post a reply