cloudsleep delay

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: cloudsleep delay

Postby kosta » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Crazy idea : Vertical orientation but double the width with a foot pedal, like a Whammy or something. Have the foot treadle control delay time or modulation speed or a wah-like filter that affects the repeats.

Stoked for whatever you come up with here Brian. Looking awesome so far.
Object Object : Bandcamp | Soundcloud
A lil dreamy, a lil noisy.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:35 pm

kosta wrote:Crazy idea : Vertical orientation but double the width with a foot pedal, like a Whammy or something. Have the foot treadle control delay time or modulation speed or a wah-like filter that affects the repeats.

woah that would be crazy! no idea where the fuck i would get something like that made or if it would be remotely feasible, financially-speaking.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kosta » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:51 pm

Would be cool right? Hell, even foot pedal controlled feedback amounts or repeats would be amazing.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Doctor X » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:02 pm

vertical, there's room to bring the knobs down a bit to make more space around them

and joysticks bring joy
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:28 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
backwardsvoyager wrote:Consider me intrigued.

It's not the sort of feature set that would suit me on a delay but everything Brian does is amazing so I'll probably buy it regardless.

This is gonna be so COOL :!!!:

:hug: well, the idea behind the mode-selectable filter is simple - many delays are characterized by the filtering of the repeats, so if that is highly variable one will have lots of types of delay at their fingertips... high-pass delays for bass to stay mud-free, filter oscillation for extra weirdness, low-pass for dark, vintage-y sounds, notch with CV control of cutoff for phaser-y delay tones (!) would be nice :idea:

Seriously, that sounds amazing, i can see this filling a gap in the market for sure!
The thing that is most important to me in a delay actually is having big enough knobs for delay time and repeats positioned so that i can adjust them on the fly with my feet :lol: for some reason i much much prefer that to CV/expression pedals. So if this fit that bill it would likely replace the El Capistan for me, because the filter and oscillation options sound amazing. And it's analog.

I think the vertical layout is cooler, to be honest. Makes it a little different from most of the stuff already out there.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:43 pm

i have some much better vertical layout options... just need to find the best one.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:25 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
kosta wrote:Crazy idea : Vertical orientation but double the width with a foot pedal, like a Whammy or something. Have the foot treadle control delay time or modulation speed or a wah-like filter that affects the repeats.

woah that would be crazy! no idea where the fuck i would get something like that made or if it would be remotely feasible, financially-speaking.

or just an expression in for that instead of a crazy whammy-like custom housing.
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby futuresailors » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:40 pm

Futuresailors approves.
Joysticks should be labeled "Bonerz".
Tom Dalton wrote:You're a dumbass for making this thread to begin with. :hello:

magiclawnchair wrote:fuck that bitter old man

smile_man wrote:
ifeellikeatourist wrote:Pedals aren't everything, yada, yada, yeah I know.

fuck you.

McSpunckle wrote:I ctrl+f'd mountain goats and decided we aren't friends anymore.
futuresailors

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kosta » Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:38 am

space6oy wrote:
smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:

or just an expression in for that instead of a crazy whammy-like custom housing.

You're no fun dude. No fun I say.

;)
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Hyphen Nation » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:19 am

You had me at analog delay with robust filtering..

What about a two part box…draft off of analog man's amazeo break out box for his delay [modulation and tap tempo], or Ruin and Wesen's stuff they made for Elektron…granted the latter was midi. You can choose to buy either a small and a deluxe version. I just did a quick search, and it looks like you probably could find some relatively low cost box with expression pedal integrated on one of those chinese import sites…maybe post a "I'm looking for this" to one of them and see what you can find.

CV in for time or filter would be insane…
Hyphen Nation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:33 pm

i'm still drafting plans for a small and XL version of the pedal but need to decide which features will stay and which will go. the big one will be super fun of course, but will likely be overkill for lots of folks as far as both features and physical size go.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby intothegroove » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:33 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:i'm still drafting plans for a small and XL version of the pedal but need to decide which features will stay and which will go. the big one will be super fun of course, but will likely be overkill for lots of folks as far as both features and physical size go.

The bigger the better! More options, more controls, JOYSTICKS yeeeesssssssssss :joy: :omg: :!!!:
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:46 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:the big one will be super fun of course, but will likely be overkill for lots of folks as far as both features and physical size go.

TWSS
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby zRobertez » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:28 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:i'm still drafting plans for a small and XL version of the pedal but need to decide which features will stay and which will go. the big one will be super fun of course, but will likely be overkill for lots of folks as far as both features and physical size go.

Wow filter filter filter. That needs to stay on all versions fo sho
Any chance of trails on either size?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Housewife/331848200230566
http://housewifeofficial.bandcamp.com/
Tom Dalton wrote:Like a phoenix's butt, it will rise from the asses.

KLON KLON KLON KLON
zRobertez

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby kosta » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Trails are nice for sure. Love a good trail.
kosta

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound