cloudsleep delay

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: cloudsleep delay

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:33 pm

space6oy wrote:i'd love for there to be a joystick or knobs option. desktop use joysticks are sweet. joysticks getting bumped around by my feets and lugging a rig around are not.

CV ins could be badass too for the joystick desktop version... or maybe for both, moogers could mess w/ 'em...
:evil:

yeah i did think about the dangers and how easily it would be to break them... we'll see, maybe i'll do a limited release with the joysticks as they are damn expensive. that's what i get for trying to cut down on knobs! :lol:

goroth wrote:How useable is a photo eye live, with variable lighting and what not?

good question. that's sort of the point though - it's not necessarily to use with your foot, more so to take in whatever ambient lighting there is and provide some weirdness. the idea of it being variable makes it so that it could be anywhere from barely-there subtle to dive-bomb drastic, depending on the room and the setting.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:58 pm

Ok, I'm sold.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby colin » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:25 pm

Want. I have visions in my head of pairing this up with the forthcoming Sonic Crayon Anti-Nautilus for some crazy ambient fun.
colin

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Doctor X » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:25 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
Doctor X wrote:photo-eye!

when using software, filter cutoff/res and delay time/feedbacks pairs for joysticks/xy pads are by far the best way to do them, but guitars use up too many hands!

i dont know if there is any practical/simple/affordable way to have a little remote joystick box attached by a midi cable or anything, that could be strapped to a mic stand or something

otherwise i'd say stick with the joysticks to keep the cutoff/res and time/feedback as pairs

yeah i definitely got the idea from many years of using software-based stuff. :thumb:
it could be doable to make a remote joystick box i guess - regardless, that's a really neat idea!

i was thinking of the infanem faye's her which has a remote 2 channel footswitch with 2 cv/exp inputs, and its connected by a standard off the shelf multi-pin cable.
i dont know about circuits and how easy it is to split part of a pedal, like joystick controls, into a little connected box.
but i do know anything is better than watching the top of a guitarists head as they spend all their time crouched on the floor twiddling knobs :)
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

experienced
experienced

Postby hazelwould » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:32 am

Shit dude! I think I'm in love.
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goosekevin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:44 am

Oh my godddddddd
I want this so badly
Joystick for filter is a great idea as is the photo eye. :))))
I'd be minorly concerned with time/feedback on a joystick so the optional knobs thing sounds cool
Any ideas on price?
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:56 am

The more I think about the photo eye in the context Brian's described the more I think this is brilliant.

BRILLIANT!
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:00 am

Consider me intrigued.

It's not the sort of feature set that would suit me on a delay but everything Brian does is amazing so I'll probably buy it regardless.

This is gonna be so COOL :!!!:
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:58 am

Very cool! Want one for sure. (But i always buy your shit ;) )

CV in for time is it for me. That would be an additional feature that would set it apart (and make it more useable for me at least).
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:51 pm

tomlane95 wrote:Oh my godddddddd
I want this so badly
Joystick for filter is a great idea as is the photo eye. :))))
I'd be minorly concerned with time/feedback on a joystick so the optional knobs thing sounds cool
Any ideas on price?

the more i think about it, the more i'm planning on doing just a small run or custom option for the joystick version. it's way more expensive to have the joysticks and realize that it could be tricky for lots of folks to use or have on their boards...

not sure about the price yet, still need to see how long it will take to build/calibrate, etc.

backwardsvoyager wrote:Consider me intrigued.

It's not the sort of feature set that would suit me on a delay but everything Brian does is amazing so I'll probably buy it regardless.

This is gonna be so COOL :!!!:

:hug: well, the idea behind the mode-selectable filter is simple - many delays are characterized by the filtering of the repeats, so if that is highly variable one will have lots of types of delay at their fingertips... high-pass delays for bass to stay mud-free, filter oscillation for extra weirdness, low-pass for dark, vintage-y sounds, notch with CV control of cutoff for phaser-y delay tones (!) would be nice :idea:

univalve wrote:Very cool! Want one for sure. (But i always buy your shit ;) )

CV in for time is it for me. That would be an additional feature that would set it apart (and make it more useable for me at least).

CV over time and cutoff will be the most useful things on this in my mind, so if i can i'll have 2 inputs. if possible, internal switches to select the CV destination - maybe time, feedback, cutoff and resonance? :idea: idk yet.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:53 pm

I love your enthusiasm for the filter. I LOVE filtering options on delays, waaaaay too many have just the one sound. The cutoff CV control thing sounds nutso!
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby aedes » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:23 pm

:snax: i like where this is going.
aedes

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:17 pm

i'm also playing around with these layout options... any thoughts?
personally i love the vertical orientation, but not the boxy layout - the horizontal offers a more user-friendly experience i think.

smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby space6oy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:29 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:i'm also playing around with these layout options... any thoughts?
personally i love the vertical orientation, but not the boxy layout - the horizontal offers a more user-friendly experience i think.[/img]

:drool:
i think i agree on the horizontal being more friendly. the vertical looks sick but it makes me go "god that's a lotta knobs" while the horizontal doesn't.
regardless, :rock:
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:51 pm

space6oy wrote:
smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:i'm also playing around with these layout options... any thoughts?
personally i love the vertical orientation, but not the boxy layout - the horizontal offers a more user-friendly experience i think.[/img]

:drool:
i think i agree on the horizontal being more friendly. the vertical looks sick but it makes me go "god that's a lotta knobs" while the horizontal doesn't.
regardless, :rock:

aedes wrote: :snax: i like where this is going.

I agree with all of this so much!

I can't decide if I like the knobs or joysticks more :idk:
I've always wanted something with joysticks, but the knobs seem much more user friendly.
Maybe I'll need to get two...

Also don't know if you're anywhere close to being at this stage yet, but can't wait to hear demos!
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound