Buzzz...?

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: Buzzz...?

Postby kbit » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 am

MrNovember wrote:
kbithecrowing wrote:
smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
kbithecrowing wrote:One of my favorite things about my Tone Machine is that it can be super intense with the octave but if I back off with my volume knob it'll still be dirty with hints of octave but more like an overdrive than a fuzz. Does the BUZZZ do this, too?

not sure about the volume cleanup - i'll report back tomorrow - but the low gain mode on the buzzz can give you those tones.

:drool: when you get them up for sale I'll likely be orderin' one :thumb:
TAX RETURN NO FUCKS GIVEN.

Aren't they up for sale already?
http://www.smallsoundbigsound.com/products/buzzz/

WELL SHIT. I GUESS I DON' ORDERED A NEW FUZZ :yay:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:44 pm

kbithecrowing wrote:
MrNovember wrote:
kbithecrowing wrote:
smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
kbithecrowing wrote:One of my favorite things about my Tone Machine is that it can be super intense with the octave but if I back off with my volume knob it'll still be dirty with hints of octave but more like an overdrive than a fuzz. Does the BUZZZ do this, too?

not sure about the volume cleanup - i'll report back tomorrow - but the low gain mode on the buzzz can give you those tones.

:drool: when you get them up for sale I'll likely be orderin' one :thumb:
TAX RETURN NO FUCKS GIVEN.

Aren't they up for sale already?
http://www.smallsoundbigsound.com/products/buzzz/

WELL SHIT. I GUESS I DON' ORDERED A NEW FUZZ :yay:

Awesome!
It's going to totally rock, just check out the videos on the page:
http://www.smallsoundbigsound.com/produ ... zz/#videos
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby kbit » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Hahah I saw those. The clips that sold me were the super puzzle with octave down guitar and baritone on youtube. Sweet tones.
EDIT: not on my phone anymore so I'll post 'em haaaaaaay.

D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:36 pm

So I got the BUZZZ Yesterday and I've played it for a few hours on mah bass.

- There are SO MANY TONAL OPTIONS holly crap. Between the gain knob, gain switch (lo/hi), clipping switch, and starve knob there are a tone of OD/fuzzy/videogamey/funky tones in there. Not all of them are what I'd wanna hear on bass but someday soon I'll pull out my guitar and explore more.

- Mid scoop is intense. With it engaged the low end is huge, pumps out lots of subs with some high sizzle. With it disengaged the fuzz sounds very prominent, I imagine it would cut through in a mix very well (will comment on that next time I get together with mah friends).

- Octave is dirty mhmm mhmm. the only other octave fuzz I'm really familiar with with is a Tone Machine which responds a bit differently. Tone Machine is really mechanical and blistering and can sound more overdrive-esque when I back off on my volume knob. With the BUZZZ the octave is still intense but seems to blend in more with the fuzz (scrambled?). Rolling back on the volume knob here gives a super trashy sound, octave is much more in the forefront with less low end. Dirtuy.

- Speaking of volume knob clean up, it sounds nice with the octave not engaged, too. Similar to low-gain settings on the Mini, not exactly but definitely in the ball park.

So far I've enjoyed using it as a cutting medium gain drive/fuzz, then using the TAFM to bring in the super bassss.
Octave BUZZZ -> TAFM = :!!!:
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Cool, sounds good!
Do you happen to know whether the Buzzz still has the Si/Ge clipping available as a switch inside maybe?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Tristan wrote:Cool, sounds good!
Do you happen to know whether the Buzzz still has the Si/Ge clipping available as a switch inside maybe?

i made it external for you fuzzlovers :thumb:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:05 pm

Yeah that's the clipping switch I was referring to. I'm guessing that Si is the louder of the two, yeah?
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Really, wow, I hadna spotted that! :eek:
Man, this beastie must be the most flexible octave up fuzz on the market now I think.
Brian, is Effekt Boutique going to have these too?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Tristan wrote:Really, wow, I hadna spotted that! :eek:
Man, this beastie must be the most flexible octave up fuzz on the market now I think.

:hello: yeah i need to send an email.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:19 pm

So I've been planning on buying a TAFM for awhile but I just watched the Juan Alderete video and am now totally torn between the TAFM and Buzzz
My plan was to put it on my noise board, which will mostly be used with either my Drone Commander or bass
Suggestions?
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:42 pm

MrNovember wrote:So I've been planning on buying a TAFM for awhile but I just watched the Juan Alderete video and am now totally torn between the TAFM and Buzzz
My plan was to put it on my noise board, which will mostly be used with either my Drone Commander or bass
Suggestions?

hmmm for a noise board i would say to go for both.

:p actually, go for the buzzz. i think you'll be able to cover more territory sonically, especially with the different EQ options, octave and starve controls.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby kbit » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:47 pm

I do agree that you will likely get more textures with the buzzz but blending in fuzz when droning is one of my favorite parts of the TAFM. dem volume knobs.

So maybe you should get both :lol:
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:52 pm

kbithecrowing wrote:Yeah that's the clipping switch I was referring to. I'm guessing that Si is the louder of the two, yeah?

yeah. also... try low gain switch, silicon clipping, starve at around 2 o'clock, gain at minimum and octave on for that clean-ish octave sound you were looking for. if you roll off the volume a little on there it will clean up but still stay clang-y.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby MrNovember » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:10 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
MrNovember wrote:So I've been planning on buying a TAFM for awhile but I just watched the Juan Alderete video and am now totally torn between the TAFM and Buzzz
Suggestions?

hmmm for a noise board i would say to go for both.
:p

I was kind of thinking that would be the general consensus :lol:

kbithecrowing wrote:I do agree that you will likely get more textures with the buzzz but blending in fuzz when droning is one of my favorite parts of the TAFM. dem volume knobs.

That is exactly what was drawing me to the TAFM for drones but this.....
smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:actually, go for the buzzz. i think you'll be able to cover more territory sonically, especially with the different EQ options, octave and starve controls.

.....is how I felt after watching that video.

I mean I definitely want both.....maybe I should just give you the details to my bank account now so you can have all my money :idk: :lol:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby Tristan » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:30 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
Tristan wrote:Really, wow, I hadna spotted that! :eek:

:hello: yeah i need to send an email.

:yay: Cool, I think I'll check it out once Andy gets them!
That vid with Juan was awesome, I was amazed how much the Mini and Fuck slay on bass!
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound