different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights



Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby Casavettes » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:49 pm

kbithecrowing wrote:
CBA wrote:So the fuzz volume and clean volume operate separately like the Fuzzhugger Bass Bloom? Two separate volumes instead of a clean "blend"?

Seems like this sucker has a looooooot of possibilities but I don't know if I have room for it!


C



Seriously, praise you Brian for the two separate volume knobs.
Infinitely better than a mix / blend knob.
More pedals need this.


could not agree more
Casavettes

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:36 pm
Location: nj

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby Achtane » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Casavettes wrote:
kbithecrowing wrote:
CBA wrote:So the fuzz volume and clean volume operate separately like the Fuzzhugger Bass Bloom? Two separate volumes instead of a clean "blend"?

Seems like this sucker has a looooooot of possibilities but I don't know if I have room for it!


C



Seriously, praise you Brian for the two separate volume knobs.
Infinitely better than a mix / blend knob.
More pedals need this.


could not agree more
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Louy7zH9guw
sonidero wrote:Roll a plus 13 for fire and with my immunity to wack I dodge the cough and pass a turn to chill and look at these rocks...

kbithecrowing wrote:Making out with my girl friday night, I couldn't stop thinking about flangers.

Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. wrote:Und jetzt lass uns ein paar Bäume abfackeln und Beats machen!

Image
Achtane

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 12839
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 am
Location: under the manchineel

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby sillygangsta » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:30 am

hi guys, im the dorko that chillerthanmost sold the 3rd tafm to. just noticed this thread. he told me that it would be buffered when he sent it. set her up and she sounded sick, just a lil cold and modern for what i was going for. so i switched the little thingys inside to make it unbuffered and i fell in love. i have a jcm 800 and a super reverb and i think it's sounds better through the super reverb. the month i bought it was crazy. i had never used pedals before and went from having none to 6 (i was sinbad broke after that, tbh i still am).
sillygangsta

uncommitted
uncommitted
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby kbit » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:52 am

Welcome to the fam, man; glad you're loving your fuzz and goin' for broke :thumb:
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11218
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:16 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:03 pm

sillygangsta wrote:hi guys, im the dorko that chillerthanmost sold the 3rd tafm to. just noticed this thread. he told me that it would be buffered when he sent it. set her up and she sounded sick, just a lil cold and modern for what i was going for. so i switched the little thingys inside to make it unbuffered and i fell in love. i have a jcm 800 and a super reverb and i think it's sounds better through the super reverb. the month i bought it was crazy. i had never used pedals before and went from having none to 6 (i was sinbad broke after that, tbh i still am).


:hug: welcome! i test all of my pedals on a fender twin (as well as a few others) so i'm not surprised that it sounds great through the super.
smallsnd/bigsnd

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3877
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby lost in music » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:47 am

I ordered a TAFM from Coast Sonic on Friday and it's on the truck scheduled for delivery today. I guess I just saw too many threads where someone wanders into ilf for the first time to start a new thread asking "what fuzz should I get?" and getting the inevitable flood of "team awesome fuzz machine or algal bloom" responses.

Anyway, I browsed through a few threads here and elsewhere and have realized that TAFM has gone through some versions and changes through the years. What is to be known about the most current iteration? Has anything changed much since 2013?
gnomethrone wrote:How to gear: Ask for advice, get drunk, disregard advice, buy something you think is bad ass.
lost in music

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby lost in music » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:10 pm

Jeez, I guess I came to the wrong forum if I wanted to find people who like to talk about TAFM!
gnomethrone wrote:How to gear: Ask for advice, get drunk, disregard advice, buy something you think is bad ass.
lost in music

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby lost in music » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:52 am

It's an awesome pedal, anyway, is my review.
gnomethrone wrote:How to gear: Ask for advice, get drunk, disregard advice, buy something you think is bad ass.
lost in music

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:43 am
Location: Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes.

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:05 pm

There is no forum where people don't love talking about the tafm. Maybe you just picked an off day..
Good deals with: AngryGoldfish, Officer Bukowski, casterbro, amnesiac305, Achtane, Snufkino, Tom Dalton, DarkAxel, JamesSGBrown, casperh7, Tristan, intothegroove, Gigahearts_FX, alalalkasar, nightterrors, Schlatte, Dandolin, jskadiang

some Swedish dude wrote:Hitler is #1 soy duck
coldbrightsunlight

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 6935
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Location: UK

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby guitarslinger21 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:49 am

I've had two of the earliest, and one of the natgeo models.

The natgeo sounds way better.
WTB: Basic Audio Kay Fuzz
guitarslinger21

User avatar
committed
committed
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:49 am

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:18 pm

guitarslinger21 wrote:I've had two of the earliest, and one of the natgeo models.

The natgeo sounds way better.


truth :lol:
smallsnd/bigsnd

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3877
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby vidret » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:42 pm

guitarslinger21 wrote:I've had two of the earliest, and one of the natgeo models.

The natgeo sounds way better.

If I had the money I'd be all over it! Hahaha
vidret

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 5551
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:55 pm
Location: Skogen

Re: different TAFM versions - thoughts and insights

Postby Wittgenstein » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:27 pm

TAFM absolutely fucking loves my '64 Mustang. I don't know what it is, I like my jaguars more with pretty much everything, but the Mustang and the TAFM just click perfectly.
"I abhor (Mill's) vulgarity, which says: 'What is right for one is fair for another' 'what you would not, etc., do not unto others' which wants to establish all human intercourse on the basis of mutual services, so that every action appears as a kind of payment for something done to us."

Iommic Pope wrote:Deepcover TGP accountant troll for the win.
Wittgenstein

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 4:02 pm

Previous

Return to smallsound/bigsound



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eric! and 2 guests


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.