Making the most of the Fuckrackle

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Making the most of the Fuckrackle

Postby chutneyfarmer » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:25 pm

So I've been playing around with my Fuck a good bit over the past couple of weeks and absolutely love it as both a low gain and higher gain drive. I have yet to get much from the Crackle side however, especially using the pedal on it's own. At band practice last week I ran my Fuzz War into the Fuck in Crackle mode and it sounded incredible. Gain was at 12 o'clock, Threshold was dimed, Fuzz War was set to a loudish volume. However I have been unable to get much from it since.

Are there any tips or pointers on getting the most from this function on the Fuck?
Good Transactions With:
Achtane
in2thegapagain85
Proroby
zezozeceglutz
MEC
echobaseone
Skullservant
Rob Fossil
Psyre
chutneyfarmer

experienced
experienced

Re: Making the most of the Fuckrackle

Postby hazelwould » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:30 pm

chutneyfarmer wrote:So I've been playing around with my Fuck a good bit over the past couple of weeks and absolutely love it as both a low gain and higher gain drive. I have yet to get much from the Crackle side however, especially using the pedal on it's own. At band practice last week I ran my Fuzz War into the Fuck in Crackle mode and it sounded incredible. Gain was at 12 o'clock, Threshold was dimed, Fuzz War was set to a loudish volume. However I have been unable to get much from it since.

Are there any tips or pointers on getting the most from this function on the Fuck?

I personally love it before my other fuzzes. Those are usually compressed so it give a good dynamic element to the fuzz.

Other than that. Lots of verb and I'd imagine it behind a compressor would probably yield good results.

Here's a demo I did of the crackle:
hazelwould

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AndyTran » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:33 pm

Reverb-fuzz-momentary crackle

Fucking awesome.

Also if you have a looper than can do reverse:

1) record a slow single-note melody line
2) play it in reverse
3) overdub with fuckrackle on, playing the PREVIOUS note. So basically each note swells in and out, with a crackle in the middle.
4) unreverse it. Bask in the glorious glitchy reverse reverb sound.
AndyTran

committed
committed

Postby chillerthanmost » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:54 am

I like to use the momentary switch with the gain set to around 3 o'clock and the threshold fully dimed on the low setting. If on the high setting, I knock it down to around 10 o'clock (which is almost the same with a bit more crackle towards the beginning of the note). Anyways, this way I have my basic overdrive (which is still decently gainy and thick) and for those small moments of awesome, some leads, some breakdowns, etc, the momentary switch (or if you have the regular switch) makes it stand out enough to changing the sound but still keep the same characteristics. That works best for the type of music I play, at least.
chillerthanmost

Supporter
Supporter

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:23 pm

my favorite is post delay or reverb for swelling crackles and glitchy gating.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AndyTran » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:15 pm

^I have mine set up post 'verb as well!
AndyTran

committed
committed

Return to smallsound/bigsound