fuck vs mini



Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby goroth » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:05 am

neonblack wrote:Until recently I had always thought Mini = bass and Fuck = guitar, so I had never really thought to try a fuck on bass. but lately I really wanna try one.

I'm no bassist, but the big Fuck has plenty of bass. I think Jwar might have a demo of it on bass somewhere.
D.o.S. wrote:Slow down there Hall & Nopes that's a lot of melons for a meatbox.

Debut album droppedJan 5. Fuck yeah. http://open.spotify.com/album/0vXjnDeyPNfeXWNvQRYP1H
My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

User avatar
HERO
HERO
 
Posts: 11587
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:50 am
Location: Eurothrash: Frozen northern outpost.

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby ChetMagongalo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:11 am

when I turn on the fuck it adds low end for sure
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4393
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:22 am
Location: Denton, TX

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby neonblack » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:47 am

Intriguing...

Someone should temp trade one to me.
neonblack

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8018
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby goosekevin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:53 am

neonblack wrote:Intriguing...

Someone should temp trade one to me.


I wanna but it probably wouldn't be financially smart with shipping 2 pedals rwice, god damn oceans keeping ILF apart :picard:
If you want to perma-trade for your mini let me know! :snax:
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2117
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: NSW Australia

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby neonblack » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:06 am

tomlane95 wrote:
neonblack wrote:Intriguing...

Someone should temp trade one to me.


I wanna but it probably wouldn't be financially smart with shipping 2 pedals rwice, god damn oceans keeping ILF apart :picard:
If you want to perma-trade for your mini let me know! :snax:


...This is probably going to happen. Is it the newest version? Vertical?
neonblack

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8018
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby goosekevin » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:23 am

neonblack wrote:
tomlane95 wrote:
neonblack wrote:Intriguing...

Someone should temp trade one to me.


I wanna but it probably wouldn't be financially smart with shipping 2 pedals rwice, god damn oceans keeping ILF apart :picard:
If you want to perma-trade for your mini let me know! :snax:


...This is probably going to happen. Is it the newest version? Vertical?

Nah, horizontal :( as i think I said to you in another thread it had a slight blemish too so I understand if that turns you off but I could cut a good deal with you! Pm me if you are interested :)
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

User avatar
Supporter
Supporter
 
Posts: 2117
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: NSW Australia

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby sylnau » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:14 am

When I'll sell a few things in the B/S/T, I might order a top mounted jack Mini.
I'm curious about this bias knob.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 10136
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 pm
Location: Quebec City

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby leaves turn » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm having a hard time telling from demos - is the bias fundamentally different than the crackle? I'd originally thought bias was just a heavy crackle threshold control, but now I'm not sure.
disclaimer: I'm an engineer with DigiTech/DOD
good deals
leaves turn

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 948
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby skullservant » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Yeah, the bias is different from the crackle. Think of the bias as a 'resolution' knob, if you will. That's at least how I think of it. Kinda makes everything rough around the edges and can get into that splatty territory but works differently
DIRGE ELECTRONICS.
90+ good dealings: HERE

cobascis wrote:pre-wedding dirge is vintage dirge

spacelordmother wrote: ILF DIRGE KVLT
skullservant

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 16523
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:55 am
Location: BALTIMORE

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby Doctor X » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:14 pm

the mini bias is a regular bias that sort of chokes and starves the signal in a reasonably predictable way, similar to various fuzz bias/starve sounds but with a jfet flavour

the fuck crackle is completely different, up switch is like an additional buzzing, like a loose cable/grounding or something. down switch is more of signal cut and crackle, like an overloaded circuit that chokes out and sputters.
the up switch particularly is more pronounced at lower gains.
there is a sweet spot for each setting where the gain/threshold levels are perfectly balanced that you can drive it into crackle with a stronger hit, or a stronger input level from chords
Sold to: dan_abnormal (3 times), Abanoise, Kayzer, Ragged Trousers, Schlatte
Bought from: McSpunckle, RitalinCupcake, Tendollarcat, Brobee, Ryan, cedarskies, behndy
Doctor X

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:19 am
Location: London

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:24 pm

Doctor X wrote:the mini bias is a regular bias that sort of chokes and starves the signal in a reasonably predictable way, similar to various fuzz bias/starve sounds but with a jfet flavour

the fuck crackle is completely different, up switch is like an additional buzzing, like a loose cable/grounding or something. down switch is more of signal cut and crackle, like an overloaded circuit that chokes out and sputters.
the up switch particularly is more pronounced at lower gains.
there is a sweet spot for each setting where the gain/threshold levels are perfectly balanced that you can drive it into crackle with a stronger hit, or a stronger input level from chords


well put. the fuck simply puts the bias knob under envelope control, which is where all of that weirdness comes from. :joy:
smallsnd/bigsnd

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3981
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby Eric! » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:47 pm

I wanna trem into fuck so bad
Eric!

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 6682
Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:53 am

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby neonblack » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:17 am

I got my Fuck today! I was planning on running it at the end of my chain like I see so many people do, but it got mushy and squishy when I hit it with my TAFM. I moved it to the front of my chain and :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Just goes to show everyone's setup is different.

Oh, and zero low end loss as far as I can tell.
neonblack

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 8018
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 am
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby PeteeBee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:18 pm

Just ordered a Fuck. This'll be my first SSBS and I couldn't be more stoked for it. :!!!: :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.


BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

User avatar
IAMILF
IAMILF
 
Posts: 2280
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:36 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby UglyCasanova » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:36 am

I just wanted to chime in and say that I didn't really bond with my Mini, but I got a Fuck today and I love it. I could listen to Bass VI going through a crackle-heavy Fuck all day.

Never thought I'd love an OD, but this thing is sooo up my alley. :omg:
UglyCasanova

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 11572
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:47 am
Location: Oslo, Norway

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.