And I love it. Love it!

This is a great introduction into smallsound for me :joy:

:!!!: :group: :!!!:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby ChetMagongalo » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:07 pm

I think you should get both and then decide whether or not to sell :) I think a mini in my future also. I just got a fuck
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyfalconX/videos
rustywire wrote:Post your battle jacket of wrong bands

psychic vampire. wrote:I believe all authorities should be destroyed?
ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:01 am

I'm on the fence about this...

I use my Fuck MAINLY for standalone crunchy sound. Sometimes, I boost my Fingerprint with it, but my MAIN use for it is standalone crunch with gain and cut at noon, gritty and pretty transparent... sometimes i beef it up with boost before... but i pretty much never use crackle, mainly because I tend to use OD BEFORE fuzzes, so there's not enough power to make the crackle really work even on full blast

So i could totally get a Mini to replace that, right? I mean... it's a pretty basic way to use it, right...

it just doesn't feel right... I feel strong feelings towards my bare metal Fuck... it took me so long to find an OD pedal i liked so much :idk: I'm probably not doing it
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:19 pm

I'm going to get a Mini because I don't think I'll ever want to let go of my original Fuck. It's my favourite dirt pedal ever.

edit: so get both in other words :thumb:
Catalinbread⁞⁞Earthquaker Devices⁞⁞Strymon⁞⁞Smallsound/Bigsound
Iron Ether⁞⁞Black Arts Toneworks⁞⁞Dr. Scientist⁞⁞Fairfield Circuitry
Tom Anderson⁞⁞Ibanez⁞⁞Guild⁞⁞Gretsch⁞⁞Fryette⁞⁞Audio Kitchen

Doom Room - type fast, riff slow
AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ChetMagongalo » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:01 pm

If you get both you can't loose!

ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:14 pm

You can't lose either.

Sorry. Had to. :p

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby chutneyfarmer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:55 pm

DarkAxel wrote:I'm on the fence about this...

I use my Fuck MAINLY for standalone crunchy sound. Sometimes, I boost my Fingerprint with it, but my MAIN use for it is standalone crunch with gain and cut at noon, gritty and pretty transparent... sometimes i beef it up with boost before... but i pretty much never use crackle, mainly because I tend to use OD BEFORE fuzzes, so there's not enough power to make the crackle really work even on full blast

So i could totally get a Mini to replace that, right? I mean... it's a pretty basic way to use it, right...

it just doesn't feel right... I feel strong feelings towards my bare metal Fuck... it took me so long to find an OD pedal i liked so much :idk: I'm probably not doing it

I have mine set the exact same way, and sometimes even have the gain turned down even more. Absolutely in love with my Fuck at the moment. Planning getting a Hawk and a Mini to go with it. Will probably use the Mini for some higher gain sounds and use my regular one for more subtle gritty sounds
Good Transactions With:
Achtane
in2thegapagain85
Proroby
zezozeceglutz
MEC
echobaseone
Skullservant
Rob Fossil
Psyre
chutneyfarmer

experienced
experienced

Postby RoyalPalmer » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:37 pm

2 fucks and 2 minis. A hawk thrown in occasionally for good measure. Thanks Brian for making our band sound awesome!
http://daisyface.bandcamp.com/
RoyalPalmer

committed
committed

Postby sonidero » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:00 pm

RoyalPalmer wrote:2 fucks and 2 minis. A hawk thrown in occasionally for good measure. Thanks Brian for making our band sound awesome!

Good stuff there Palm Master... :thumb:
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby RoyalPalmer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:09 pm

Good stuff there Palm Master...

Thanks man!
RoyalPalmer

committed
committed

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Wed May 01, 2013 2:52 pm

sonidero wrote:
RoyalPalmer wrote:2 fucks and 2 minis. A hawk thrown in occasionally for good measure. Thanks Brian for making our band sound awesome!

Good stuff there Palm Master... :thumb:

:thumb: :thumb:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ChetMagongalo » Tue May 21, 2013 4:31 am

I now own both the fuck and mini. Definitely recommend trying/getting both as they both do different things and they are very good at what they do.

For me they both have a very organic and "amp like" sound but ESPECIALLY the big fuck. it's probably the most usable overdrive I've heard. not gated or crunchy, it just sounds correct. to me it sounds like just MORE of what you already have, and has a very balanced sound. I don't even want the EQ on this guy that the mini has. it does NOT need it. no low end loss or anything either! I love it on guitar and bass

The mini kinda has the same thing going for but it has more tonal flexibility with the EQ and bias. it sounds different from the bigger fuck however, which is a good thing. it also gets into more fuzzy territory with more gain on tap. I feel like this pedal can get more mean and crunchy than the big fuck.

I would also note that both of these pedals have balls and are not for someone wanting glassy dirt. To me they are voiced for aggression and not being a prissy ninny

Both of these run new at a great price, and if you end up not liking it someone else will buy it from you because they're great high quality pedals

ChetMagongalo

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby AngryGoldfish » Wed May 22, 2013 5:37 pm

ChetMagongalo wrote:I now own both the fuck and mini. Definitely recommend trying/getting both as they both do different things and they are very good at what they do.

For me they both have a very organic and "amp like" sound but ESPECIALLY the big fuck. it's probably the most usable overdrive I've heard. not gated or crunchy, it just sounds correct. to me it sounds like just MORE of what you already have, and has a very balanced sound. I don't even want the EQ on this guy that the mini has. it does NOT need it. no low end loss or anything either! I love it on guitar and bass

The mini kinda has the same thing going for but it has more tonal flexibility with the EQ and bias. it sounds different from the bigger fuck however, which is a good thing. it also gets into more fuzzy territory with more gain on tap. I feel like this pedal can get more mean and crunchy than the big fuck.

I would also note that both of these pedals have balls and are not for someone wanting glassy dirt. To me they are voiced for aggression and not being a prissy ninny

Both of these run new at a great price, and if you end up not liking it someone else will buy it from you because they're great high quality pedals

Great comment.

AngryGoldfish

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed May 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Ugh, you guys are making me really want to get a fuck to go with my mini, because I find myself wanting to use the mini more for the low bias fuzzy stuff recently but it's my only OD...
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby amnesiac305 » Wed May 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Conversely, I am thinking I really want to get the mini to go with the fuck. I do love the fuck but different shades maybe cool as well.
Excellent Transactions: monkeydancer, dorfmeister, Rygot, bronzetalon, PumpkinPieces, Wes Mantooth, Deltaphoenix, Blooghost, Fuzz_Pi, Neanderthal Head, lordgalvar
amnesiac305

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound