Re: fuck vs mini

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:15 am

yep different enough to have them both! :cool:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:41 am

Don't think I'm not building up to that. ;)
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DarkAxel » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:05 am

monkeydancer wrote:Got a fuck in a (maybe temp) trade for the mini, and I dunno if it's the way I had the mini set but it really sounds different. Not better or worse or no sound I could get close to with the mini, just a bit different. Shame I couldn't have them side by side (guess I gotta buy one of each lol).

It's cool having all the control on the mini but it's ALSO cool having the only controls I care about on the fuck being volume and gain. And the crackle is fun! They really are different pedals.

got a Mini in a (hopefully not temp) trade with Patrick here :lol:

it IS different, must be the Bias and EQ, they feel like they have a big influence on how it clips and how it reacts to stuff... Big Fuck felt more... like it had its own strong personality that not everyone likes and not everything works with it, whereas Mini is more adaptable and agreeable (don't mean it in a bad way)

for example Mini works much better with a brighter amp and bright guitar i'd say
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Butch1970 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:36 pm

I recently decided that I need more Fuck than Fuck, so I'll be adding a Fuck along with the Mini and TAFM. Gonna go for some dedicated crackle :success:
Butch1970

committed
committed

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:50 pm

Butch1970 wrote:I recently decided that I need more Fuck than Fuck, so I'll be adding a Fuck along with the Mini and TAFM. Gonna go for some dedicated crackle :success:

well done sir. :!!!: :!!!: :!!!:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cedarskies » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:30 am

I spent a lot of time in this thread, and after having the Mini quite some time, I now finally have both (and TAFM!) and can confirm that there is no right answer.

However, my initial impression is Fuck has more knob turning fun than the Mini. When I first heard the description of the Fuck as a pursuit of the Disintegration Loops I knew I needed it. It is as awesome as I hoped. I've been getting increasingly into sounds that are both lush and messed up and a bit glitchy and the Fuck is going to get a lot of use in pushing forward in this sounds.

The Mini is a good choice if you are going to hone in on a sound and then leave it alone. The Fuck is a good choice if you are going to interact with the pedal. Getting both is a good choice because :animal: . They're both rad and they feel very different although having the same basic tonal quality
cedarskies

committed
committed

Postby skullservant » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:44 am

I love them both as well. It's funny, cause my Fuck is set to one setting on my gig board and has kept that setting for 7 months haha
I tweaked the mini to no end, but I love that about it, well really about both of them
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby cedarskies » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:13 pm

Haha. I can definitely understand tweaking the Mini. I change mine around a lot but never really mid song. Maybe it's just because it's new to me, but I had a hard time keeping my hands off the Fuck at practice yesterday. The momentariness of the momentary crackle switch kept bringing it to my attention and engagement back to it and from there I kept modulating the threshold and from there I might as well swell up the gain... then I just find myself crouched down and staring at the pedal and my bandmate staring at me.
cedarskies

committed
committed

Postby skullservant » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:24 pm

hahahah. Yeah, and I think part of it is that with this project, I'm not able to really use the crackle much, so there hasn't been any tweaking with it. But when I do use the crackle, its definitely maxxxxed hahahah
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm

I had a Fuck but never tried the Mini.
How is the bias knob? Gated sound just like the bias knob on a fuzz face?
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:48 pm

sylnau wrote:I had a Fuck but never tried the Mini.
How is the bias knob? Gated sound just like the bias knob on a fuzz face?

Not sure about the fuzz face, but the bias goes from crisp and sharp at the highest setting, gets a little more crackly (not too much) and less sustain towards noon, and full on squishy gated lo fi stuff at lower settings. Also seems to add more bass and treble at lower bias settings. I get the most bass out of it lower than noon. You also get some glitchy white noise-ish artifacts when its lower.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby neonblack » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:51 pm

Until recently I had always thought Mini = bass and Fuck = guitar, so I had never really thought to try a fuck on bass. but lately I really wanna try one.
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sylnau » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:32 am

I miss my Fuck.
But maybe I should go Mini.
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eric! » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:50 pm

I miss Fuck. Full-bore toanz and DAT CRACKLE.
Eric!

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:14 pm

sylnau wrote:I miss my Fuck.
But maybe I should go Mini.

Since you already have the Midfi and the Ruckus I'd go Fuck if I were you. :erm: :D
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to smallsound/bigsound