fuck vs mini

Moderator: smallsnd/bigsnd

Re: fuck vs mini

Postby ummohyeah » Wed May 30, 2018 10:00 pm

baremountain wrote:
waltdogg wrote:
baremountain wrote:FINALLY ORDERED AN OG FUCK AND SHE'S BEAUTIFUL

wait. what the fuck. i own that fuck (#255) now but the box is gone. and i definitely didn't get it from you evan.

lmao I sold it here to a greenmario or somesuch iirc? Shipped it down to Houston when funds got too tight :cry: FWIW, it didn't come to me in its box so the last owner is probably where that was left.
Glad to see it made it to you though!

I sold that to you Evan, in January of '17 :D

Pretty sure I sent it with the box because it's definitely not here.

I remember messaging you asking if you still had the pedal and you said you'd moved it on... I still miss it and would love to have this version of a Fuck again.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby SonicReducer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:32 am

I used my F@ck overdrive live the other week..It's a great boost/OD, I find the 'crackle' works best when the pedal is supplied with a constant signal like a loop
SonicReducer

interested
interested

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:16 am

SonicReducer wrote:I used my F@ck overdrive live the other week..It's a great boost/OD, I find the 'crackle' works best when the pedal is supplied with a constant signal like a loop

:thumb: i agree in the sense that the crackle works in a more interesting way with more constant, yet fluctuating signals, but it's also got a really nice way that it changes the character of another fuzz or distortion if placed after them.
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby waltdogg » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:57 pm

ummohyeah wrote:
baremountain wrote:
waltdogg wrote:

wait. what the fuck. i own that fuck (#255) now but the box is gone. and i definitely didn't get it from you evan.

lmao I sold it here to a greenmario or somesuch iirc? Shipped it down to Houston when funds got too tight :cry: FWIW, it didn't come to me in its box so the last owner is probably where that was left.

I remember messaging you asking if you still had the pedal and you said you'd moved it on... I still miss it and would love to have this version of a Fuck again.

i'm pretty sure i gave this fuck to peteebee after his house burned down. although i had two horizontal fucks with this exact same graphic. one might've had the og box, but it definitely wasn't #255. the other i sold or traded away. i still have one fuck on my pedalboard but no more fucks or minis on backup duty.
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby ummohyeah » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:30 pm

waltdogg wrote:
ummohyeah wrote:
baremountain wrote:
waltdogg wrote:

i'm pretty sure i gave this fuck to peteebee after his house burned down. although i had two horizontal fucks with this exact same graphic. one might've had the og box, but it definitely wasn't #255. the other i sold or traded away. i still have one fuck on my pedalboard but no more fucks or minis on backup duty.

The Fuck pictured I bought in December of '16 off Reverb. I sold it later to a poster here. I listed it with its box and as such shipped it with its box. The seller I bought it from said they were the original owner. That photo was (I think) taken by them which I re-used in my listing. I don't remember which # it was, and I didn't put that in my listing for it. Whatever number it was, it was fucking awesome.

It had this paint defect on the bottom, from resting on top of a cable for too long:

It was an awesome pedal and I sold it at the same time I sold a Smallsound/bigsound Hawk, both of which I regret to this day. I still have my Mini though, since 2014. Favorite pedal of all time for various reasons.
ummohyeah

committed
committed

Postby waltdogg » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 am

yup i remeber that odd mark on the bottom as well. who has it now, who knows. but the box was lost before i got it. w/e
D.o.S. wrote:Why do people eat steak that shit is gross

behndy wrote:lol. she thinks Brazil is wayyyy too unsafe. but i got PLANS.

MechaGodzilla wrote:man, fuck those big neutrik plugs
waltdogg

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby JM Charcot » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:35 pm

smallsnd/bigsnd wrote:
SonicReducer wrote:I used my F@ck overdrive live the other week..It's a great boost/OD, I find the 'crackle' works best when the pedal is supplied with a constant signal like a loop

:thumb: i agree in the sense that the crackle works in a more interesting way with more constant, yet fluctuating signals, but it's also got a really nice way that it changes the character of another fuzz or distortion if placed after them.

Thanks for this, it convinecd me to get a Fuck first. And maybe after also a Mini :)
JM Charcot

committed
committed

Postby voerking » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:16 pm

i have owned my FUCK since (i think) 2015 (it's one of the 'slime green' black friday pedals), and i just figured out something amazing yesterday.
i'm assuming this is old news, but i had never put a clean boost before the FUCK - once i did, it opened up a vast array of new sounds.
the FUCK gets into zippery fuzz territory getting pushed with a clean boost.
I've run other pedals into it before, but they were usually fuzzes, or something washy like a delay or reverb, so i never realized what was happening.
so, now with just boost (i'm using the TC Mini Spark) -> FUCK OD, i can go from dead clean to exploding amp and countless shades in between with just two pedals.
:thumb:
voerking

experienced
experienced

Postby adamajah » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Nice! I'll have to try that. The only way I can get mine really fuzzy is all maxed out with Heavy/Crackle engaged. Love it though.
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby smallsnd/bigsnd » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:29 pm

voerking wrote:i have owned my FUCK since (i think) 2015 (it's one of the 'slime green' black friday pedals), and i just figured out something amazing yesterday.
i'm assuming this is old news, but i had never put a clean boost before the FUCK - once i did, it opened up a vast array of new sounds.
the FUCK gets into zippery fuzz territory getting pushed with a clean boost.
I've run other pedals into it before, but they were usually fuzzes, or something washy like a delay or reverb, so i never realized what was happening.
so, now with just boost (i'm using the TC Mini Spark) -> FUCK OD, i can go from dead clean to exploding amp and countless shades in between with just two pedals.
:thumb:

idk i missed this but yes i approve. very much. :!!!:
smallsnd/bigsnd

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby johnetone » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:46 pm

I have been setting the Mini almost clean with low bias (around 8:45 - 9:30) and hitting it with a Saturn V and Cali76CD being fed with a Low Octave from Octron2 and getting some really cool Clavinet type sounds. Monophonic of course because it's an analog octave. But really cool purring sounds. Feed it into phaser with some delay or reverb and some really epic toanz come forth. For some reason it reminds me of when the Balrog emerges in Moria in Peter Jackson's Fellowship of the Ring.

johnetone

interested
interested

Postby adamajah » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm

I'm just looking at your flowing mane :cool:
adamajah

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:07 pm

That sounds fantastic!!

I kind of want a mini again... :snax:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby johnetone » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:35 pm

hahaha @adamajah! It's no longer there. But I'm thinking about growing it out again. I need a new pair of earrings to go with it! <3
johnetone

interested
interested

Previous

Return to smallsound/bigsound