· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
extra special pedals handicrafted in lovely Akron, Ohio <earthquakerdevices.com>
Post a reply

EQD/Sunn O))) Life Pedal

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:47 pm

So who got in on this?

I really wanted to, but could not justify the expense.

Dibs on flips!

Re: EQD/Sunn O))) Life Pedal

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:03 am

Second dibs on flips! I didn't even realize yesterday was the release date. Doh!

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:42 am

I wait for somebody to put a decent demo out, so far it hasn't hyped me at all.

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:09 am

Being a huge fanboy of both EQD and Sunn O))), I was really looking fw to this but was not super impressed by the outcome.

I think they missed the mark on both the form factor and the price...but clearly a boatload of folks disagree...

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:13 am

Dibs on flips here too. Hopefully prices don't get too out of hand

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:23 pm

PSQRCL wrote: Hopefully prices don't get too out of hand

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:30 pm

According to EQD instagram stories there will be more of these, but they're not sure when or where they will be sold.

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:38 pm

MrNovember wrote:According to EQD instagram stories there will be more of these, but they're not sure when or where they will be sold.

That sounds like code for "on tour".

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:08 am

jrfox92 wrote:
MrNovember wrote:According to EQD instagram stories there will be more of these, but they're not sure when or where they will be sold.

That sounds like code for "on tour".

That's what I was thinking. I'm down to see Sunn O))), though. I'm sad I missed them last time they were through (or at least last time I knew about). Especially because they were playing an abandoned power station

Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:38 am

I snagged one. Can confirm it’s amazing. White face rat with boost and more sustain than any pedal I’ve had, plus the octave up sounds good even in drop C. It’s lightweight, well made and the packaging is killer. I think the price was perfect. It was less than 300! So, that makes me happy! I love mine, so no flip here for once. Well, until I have one of those bi-polar moments that is.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:20 pm

Jwar wrote:I snagged one. Can confirm it’s amazing...

This is encouraging to hear :rock:

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:16 pm

What percentage of these're gettin' flipped immediately? :idk: :doom: :cry:

Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Not sure on the flips but some people did list theirs for like 2k. Good grief. I get trying to make a little, but come on.

I’m keeping mine. It was a birthday gift from my mom, so yea, it’s staying.

Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:58 pm

Sounds good from this demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey3TtAGYgJA

Not $2K good, but definitely good. :idk: :rock:

Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:47 am

I really enjoy it. I've never been a dirty amp kind of person but this pedal into a dirty amp is like magic.
I told this to jwar earlier on IG. I got a really low number one. The lowest number I've online. So I'm hesitant to put it on my board and I'm probably just going to keep it at home.
Especially now seeing the flip prices I wouldn't be able to replace it.
I know they have more boards. I hope they put them in a standard hammond box. Either way I might pick up another when they release them.
Last edited by karmablock on Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post a reply