Gray Channel stacking?

Moderator: earthdevice

Gray Channel stacking?

Postby Cruedevil71 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:11 pm

Hi everyone
I'm new to the forum and has a question about what EQD pedal would stack well with the Gray Channel. I'm leaning on a Dunes because I had a Palisades which I loved but was overkill in a way but the dunes has everything I loved about that pedal. So yeah any suggestions? It doesn't have to be an EQD either. Just something to goose it for leads and what not.
Cruedevil71

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Gray Channel stacking?

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:42 pm

I don't have a Gray Channel (although, I'd love one), I am familiar with the circuit it's based on. I can say, it'll stack well with almost anything. Just really all depends on what sounds you wanna hear coming out of your speaker(s). :)*

What do you wanna sound like? :snax:
There is a light emitting diode that never goes out. …………….0.............Sweet dealin's: here
"… and they have to tell Ornette that he cannot play the trumpet and violin." - Miles

"Well, I'm not a fan of reverb on guitar, but I like to create space using a lot of delays." - Robin Guthrie
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cruedevil71 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:06 pm

I'm also have a Black arts pharaoh so I'm going for a stoner ish Sabbath type sound.
Cruedevil71

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:15 pm

I usually get good results stacking Gray Channel-like pedals into the Pharaoh.

Although, I'm sure the other way around would probably work well for you too.

You should try both ways.
There is a light emitting diode that never goes out. …………….0.............Sweet dealin's: here
"… and they have to tell Ornette that he cannot play the trumpet and violin." - Miles

"Well, I'm not a fan of reverb on guitar, but I like to create space using a lot of delays." - Robin Guthrie
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Cruedevil71 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:52 pm

I will try it both ways for sure.
Cruedevil71

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby frigid midget » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:46 am

On the lookout for a fresh dirt pedal myself. EQD have been killing it with the od/fuzz pedals the last couple years. No experience with the Dunes myself, nor with the Palisades. But as far as TS808 inspired overdrives go, the Dunes looks like a winner imo. A convincing stoner/sabbath type of tone has more to do with your amp though. As long as you're pushing enough air, pretty much any decent overdrive pedal will do the trick, especially if it's used just as a booster for leads or whatever. Hell, a cheap MXR eq pedal would work wonders for that sorta thing :idk: I'm sure the Greay Channel and Pharaoh are more than capable to get you in the ballpark, if not I'd take a look at my amp if I were you :idk:
univalve wrote:The fuzz pedlols fuck everything up...
frigid midget

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to EarthQuaker Devices