Question: Palisades weirdness

Moderator: earthdevice

Question: Palisades weirdness

Postby marsbound » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:17 pm

I have recently tested some overdrives of mine to use on a new pedal board. After some trials I settled on the Palisades.

Oddly, the next time I came to experiment with the new board, I was getting a weird problem.

I was originally using a light overdrive on channel A about 20% gain. A little chunkier on the other channel. But when i came back, I plugged in, turned on, and it was much more distorted. I thought I must've accidentally messed up the settings, but no. All was the same.

I even turned the gain all the way down on channel A and couldn't get the chunk low enough for my taste. If I hadn't experienced it differently earlier, I would've just thought oh, this pedal just starts dirty. But I had found a great less distorted sound at about 20% gain. Then all of a sudden. 0% and too distorted. I tried running it with and without buffer, with no other pedals in the chain etc. No help.

Anyone experienced anything like this or know what might've happened? I was really excited to use the Palisades on my new board. But I've had to look in other directions. I'd like to understand what happened.

Thanks!
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Re: Question: Palisades weirdness

Postby neonblack » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Did you accidentally have your guitars volume knob down?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby marsbound » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:17 pm

No. Good thought though. I figure I might be missing something obvious like that.

I was running the volume at about 8 on a single coil guitar. Leaving some headroom to push the volume and dirt.
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:22 pm

marsbound, you should e-mail EarthQuaker. They're really good with customer support. They can help you troubleshoot it and if that doesn't fix it, they'll have you send it in.
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and thieves, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"...a benevolent dictatorship can be O.K. for as long as the benevolence lasts…” - Hardy Green
"Flangers gonna Flange, though. There's no way around that." - Joel Korte
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby marsbound » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:25 pm

Ok, that's cool. Thank you. I was really confused.

It was like a different pedal and I was sure I missed something obvious. But couldn't figure it out.
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby neonblack » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Clipping mode?
neonblack

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby marsbound » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:40 pm

I don't think so. I'll definitely double check.
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Eivind August » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:46 am

What amp are you using? Could it be running hotter than the first time you tested?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby marsbound » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:35 pm

The amp is a fender deluxe reverb reissue, tube amp. Quite new. None of the times I was working with it was it over heated. I let it warm up for a minute on standby then go for it. It's characteristics have been consistent. I gigged with it over the weekend and didn't run into any issues.
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby marsbound » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:36 pm

I've consistently been running it at about 6 on the dial. Just at the edge of breakup.
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby mulekicker » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:33 am

Just email earthquaker, their customer service is amazing. They'll get back to you super fast. I had a switch issue with a HoofReaper and had it back in a week.
mulekicker

involved
involved

Postby marsbound » Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:55 am

I'll triple check everything and then send an email. Nice to know they're so responsive!
marsbound

uncommitted
uncommitted

Return to EarthQuaker Devices