avalanche run

Moderator: earthdevice

Re: avalanche run

Postby Stormbringer » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:54 pm

I really love the sound of the Avalanche Run! Only issue is not having to engage (by footswitch) either the delay or reverb independent of one another without turning a knob!
Stormbringer

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby spawnofthesith » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:20 pm

Got mine a few weeks ago and I'm in love with it, one of my favorite pedals

Something of note, dunlop volume x does not work as an expression pedal for the Avalanche run. Gonna grab a moog ep3 as per the manuals suggestion
spawnofthesith

committed
committed

Postby Bassist_Diver » Tue May 29, 2018 11:34 pm

Question about v1 vs v2 - if you don't plan to run this mofo in stereo, is there much of a difference between versions, and if so, what?
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Cousteau
Good dealings with: Vrom, Conky

Yamaha / Gallien-Krueger / Pedals
Bassist_Diver

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue May 29, 2018 11:48 pm

:idk: I've heard a rumor that Gear Hero HQ are gonna be doing a run of V2s in the purple sparkle. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby MrNovember » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:32 am

So I've wanted one of these since they came out, but never pulled the trigger. I just got a v1 in a trade and holy shit is it amazing. I plugged my DX7 into it and got lost for a good hour yesterday. It warmed up the ridiculously 80s DX7 tones and transformed them into massive soundscapes when I really started pushing the decay and feedback. Now I just want to run everything into the Avalanche Run
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MrNovember » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 pm

Jwar wrote:Oh my good God I don't even want to fess up about how dumb I am!!
Problem solved. Fuck! hahahahahahahahaha

space6oy wrote:wrong in?

I was messing around with programming the DX7 and all of a sudden everything went quiet. I spent way too long reading up on DX7 programming thinking I messed something up along the way. Turns out I bypassed the Avalanche Run to better hear what I was changing and had plugged the L in and the R out on the Avalanche Run....
:picard:

Good news? I now have a much better understanding of how to program the DX7 :idk:
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby wicker_man » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:08 am

I really love the sound of the Avalanche Run! Only issue is not having to engage (by footswitch) either the delay or reverb independent of one another without turning a knob!

Recently I bought Avalanche Run and I was also very impressed by this great ambient reverb and delay, especially like Reverse mode. I agree the lack of an independent switch between reverb and delay is a little flaw of this pedal, but generally it is really cool.

Just want to share a little video of my band The Wicker Man (sorry for the quality, it was filmed on smartphone) where we used avalanche run (pedal effects starts at 3.45):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv1VgWR8qv8
wicker_man

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby createsounds » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:27 pm

just wanted to mention how lame it is that ive had to have the main control board in my avalanche run replaced 3 times.
pretty ridiculous for the price of these pedals.
createsounds

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Sure, it's a hassle, but EQD replaces it for free, right?
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby MrNovember » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Is this a common problem? I've never had any issues with mine or even heard of similar issues. Are you powering it properly?
MrNovember

Modulae of BILF
Modulae of BILF

Postby MechaGodzilla » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:18 pm

createsounds wrote:just wanted to mention how lame it is that ive had to have the main control board in my avalanche run replaced 3 times.
pretty ridiculous for the price of these pedals.

the supa puss is more or less the same thing but better imo :idk: and then the In Limbo is probably better again but much harder to get hands on
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to EarthQuaker Devices